• Published 26th Apr 2013
  • 822 Views, 10 Comments

Days of Change - Bellex



One day Ditzy flies into Rarity's Boutique and changes theirs and Applejack's lives.

  • ...
4
 10
 822

Chapter 5: Date and Danger

Chapter 5 - Date and Danger

Monday is arguably the worst day of anyponies week. Not because you can't sleep in, but because you now have to deal with the stress of work and in Rarity's case on this fabulous day, having to smile and nod to a pony with no sense of fashion. She learned her lesson since she made her friends their original Gala dresses. Thank Celestia she knew how to get the pony to see things her way while still leaving enough of the originals design to keep everypony happy.

Rarity needs some tea...And an ibuprofen.

Wasn't long after the pony left that there was a knock on the door. While preparing her materials for her new order she speaks loud enough to be heard, inviting her next guest in.

"Hey Rarity, I have some mail for you." Ditzy says as she spot her marefriend. Maybe it was to soon to consider Rarity her marefriend, but at the moment she doesn't care, it sounds nice to her.

Turning around and forgetting about her work, Rarity give a welcoming smile and moves over to the mailpony. "Oh thank you Derpy, I can say my day just got better." Taking the mail in her magic, she gives her marefriend a peck on the lips before setting her letters down near her work.

The two talk for a moment before Ditzy has to continue her job. With a good bye kiss, Ditzy leaves, letting Rarity continue her work for the day.

Tuesday is almost as bad as Monday, except for the normal mail deliveries, which just happens to be the highlight of Rarity's day. After the now expected morning kiss, Rarity gives a present for Derpy. A new bigger saddlebag with velcro instead of a strap, since Derpy tends to forget about securing her mail. Derpy loves it, transferring the mail to her new bag then giving a it little test. She lifts herself up to as high as she could go then dropping down for a simulated crash. The mail stays where it is. They let a few moments of chatter pass between them before Derpy leaves again. The departing kiss lasted longer then the last days.

Wednesday started good and only got better. Rarity had no orders to fill, allowing her to relax at her convenience. Even Derpy had few deliveries for today, allowing her to spend more time with Rarity. At the end of the visit, Derpy found herself pinned between the door and Rarity giving her a very needful kiss. Derpy returned the affection before going away for the rest of her route.

The rest of the week continued like this until Saturday. It was agreed by both of them that it should be spent apart til their date, giving both time to prepare and refresh themselves. Inside of the Boutique, Rarity and Sweetie are just finishing sharing an early lunch.

"Sweetie, do you think you could spend tonight with your friends?"

Looking up to her big sister picking up the plates, Sweetie answers. "I guess I could, but what's happening tonight?"
Shuffling her hooves a moment, Rarity decides it would be best not to make a silly excuse. "Well, um, I have a date tonight. I don't know when it will be over and I don't want to worry about you." Or my home.

"Really!? Are you taking Miss Derpy out tonight? That's so sweet." Sweetie giggles then starts to bounce around her sister excitedly.

Rarity was surprised her sister figured out it was Derpy, though she should have seen it coming, Sweetie can be quite perceptive when she wants to be. "Yes, I am. So could you do this for me?"

Stopping her bouncing, Sweetie looks to her sister with her best smile. "Sure sis. I can probably stay with Applebloom for the day. I'll head over there in a bit."

"Thank you, Sweetie. Now I must prepare. Tell Applejack I said hi when you're there."
***********

At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack had forgone her lunch break. Ever since Sweetie visited her sister she has been out of sorts. Going from breakfast to the fields and not coming back til dinner was almost over. But today Big Mac told her that he'd take care of the fields today. So she busied herself around the farmstead, going from cleaning house to replacing the weave in damaged apple baskets. Now finally with nothing to do, Applejack finds herself just sitting on the porch, with an untouched plate of apple slices her grandma placed nearly an hour ago and Winona lazing under the porch.

Giving a drawn out sigh, Applejack turns into her home before being tackle by a beige and red blur.

"Applejack! Sweetie says her sisters got a date tonight! Can ya believe it?" As subtle as a ten horse carriage carrying Discord being chased by a flock of dragons that one is. But that's not what's happening in Applejack's head. No. It was a complete blank at what Applebloom said.

Rarity's got a date? Tonight? Why now of all times? "Uh, I didn't know. Say, what time do ya think her date is?" Please don't ask questions sis.

"Oh, uh, I dunno. Isn't there some sort of rule for times to date." Applebloom ponders a moment before looking behind her at her friend expecting an answer.

"6 or 7." Sweetie says in a huff then grabs her friend by the tail and drags her back inside.

Looking up into the sky, Applejack realizes she only has a few hours til 6. She gets up and runs out the front gate, down the road and into Ponyville.

***********

One usual with extra pampering later gave Rarity a chance to calm her nerves and look truly special for this night. After all, it's not every day a mare like her has a date. And it's been so long since her last one she worried she will find some way to mess tonight up.

Before her worries could get the best of her, there's a knock on her door. Her heart feels like it's in her throat knowing who it is. Putting on her best smile, she goes to greet her date.

Standing there on the other side of the door, Derpy looks truly radiant. In her golden dress with her mane in a bun and a pair of decorative chopsticks stuck in with a pair of bangs framing each side of her face. She looked straight into Rarity's eyes and gave a small smile.

Rarity this night was in a lavender dress with blue trim and a slit on her left side. Her mane and tail were her usual coiffed style. A swish of magic brought over a matching purse that carried her bits.
Giving her date a kiss she steps out of her home.

"Are you ready to go dear?"

"Y-yes." Derpy replies moving next to Rarity. After locking the door, they both proceed down the road into the night. Behind them in the distance a pair of green eyes follows.

***

Some would think a Prench restaurant was a romantic place to go on a first date, and so would be more crowded. But there's another place that serves olde Equuish food, the 'Olde Golden Plain," which serves food whose recipe is hundreds of years old. Not like its neighbors deep fried or pre-cooked\assembled variants.

Within the establishment the atmosphere is relaxed, couples can be seen around the place talking in hushed voices and a few even getting closer to each other as their night winds down. In the corner window booth, Rarity and Derpy are getting to know each other better while waiting for their dinners.

"So Derpy, how is your daughter? From what Sweetie says of her she is quite smart for her age."

"Yes, my muffin is quite capable." Says the proud mother. "Though I wish she would go out and play with friends more often. How are you handling Sweetie and the Crusaders."

A small twitch in her eye gives away her feeling on that matter. "Oh they're not to bad. Sweetie Bell is a handful by herself and together they are so energetic that I hope they get their marks soon." Derpy give a light chuckle, remembering her time as a filly.

"So Derpy-"

"Please, call me Ditzy."

"Ditzy?"

"Yes, it's my name. Derpy is a nickname I was given because of how clumsy I am."

"Oh I didn't know that. I like it better than Derpy." Rarity lowers her voice as she said that, with a hoof caressing one of Ditzy's.

Just then their food arrived, ending the conversation for a time. Outside across the street and outside of the streetlamps light is a very familiar stetson.
***

After the meal and splitting their bill, Rarity and Ditzy take a stroll through the park. This gave Applejack the opportunity to get closer to the two without being noticed. Which wasn't too hard since they weren't paying attention to anything but themselves and the path in front of them. Rarity leans on her date claiming it got colder.

"I think I love you Ditzy." Rarity can't believe she said that. She's only been doing this for a week. I hope I'm not going to fast. What if she doesn't like me now? What if-

"I love you too, Rarity." Ditzy nuzzled Rarity then gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Applejack, hidden within her bushes, is furious. She has had enough of this. She leaves the bushes to confront the two. Or just one grey pegasus in particular.

"Who do ya think ya are ya hussy. Rarity is my mare!" Applejack shoves Ditzy away from Rarity, never noticing the shock her 'love' is expressing. "You come out of nowhere, steal her from under me, seduce her, and ya think you deserve her?"

"Applejack, I do-"

"Yes you do!" Applejack rushes Ditzy and slams into her, knocking her to the ground.

"APPLEJACK, STOP!" A voice screams out, echoing out into the night. Applejack looks back to see a distressed Rarity, tears lining her eyes.

"Applejack, why?"

"Rarity, I...I mean..." Takes a deep breath. "Rarity, I love you. I have for a long time."

"You do? Why didn't you say anything?"

"For the longest time you would talk about your Prince Charming. I'm a mare, I didn't have a chance. You wouldn't have responded to my feelings." Applejack looks away and sees a movement in the corner of her eye. "Then her."

"You leave Ditzy out of this!"

"Ditzy?"

"She did not steal me from you! I am not anyponies trophy. She did not seduce me, it was my choice to fall for her. And she does deserve me Applejack, she doesn't go charging helpless ponies into the ground from jealousy!" The venom in the air was getting thicker by the word.

"But she-"

"No. She did nothing to you. You couldn't just sit back and be happy for me. You want me all to yourself. You are just a stalker. I am not a possession, your possession, that is not love Applejack." Rarity gives a few deep breaths to calm down after her rant at her supposed best friend.

"Lets go Ditzy." Turning around, Rarity helps her date back to her hooves before leaving the cowpony behind.

"Rarity!" Rarity continues walking. Ditzy looks back with a sad frown. Applejack has her hoof raised toward Rarity, saddened at how this night had turned sour so quickly.

"Rarity!" No answer. Both ponies are almost out of sight around the trees. "Come back."

The two ponies went out of sight. Applejack collapses on the ground, hooves over her eyes and cried, alone, in the middle of the park.
***

Back at the Boutique, Rarity invites her date in. This night didn't end how she wanted it to, but at least it wasn't her or Ditzy's fault.

"I'm so sorry Rarity."

"Why should you be sorry Darling?" She didn't do anything wrong.

"You had a fight with Applejack. I didn't mean to come between you and her."

"There's nothing to be sorry for Dear. You did nothing wrong. It's Applejack's fault." <Sigh> "I'll go talk with her later, but right now I just want to forget about that incident." Perhaps I can make this night end on a high note.

Rarity walked over to Ditzy, giving her a long kiss. "Could you stay the night Dear." Another kiss.

"I should go-" Another kiss. "-go check on-" Kiss. "-Dinky." Rarity goes in another time, giving the most sensuous kiss she can give. After breaking it, she turns to walk over to the stairs and looks at Ditzy with needful eyes. When Ditzy opens her eyes Rarity gives a smile and shakes her hips before walking up. After a moment Ditzy quickly makes her way up to the only open door with a candlelight room. Rarity was out of her dress, on her bed looking straight at Ditzy. Dinky knows what to do when I'm out for overnight deliveries, this will be like one of those nights. Ditzy enters, using her back leg to close the door.

Author's Note:

If any artist want to fill a request for the cover art, I would like one made of them in their dresses at the Boutique.