• Published 7th May 2013
  • 3,848 Views, 386 Comments

Tears of Snow - FlashKenshin77



Snowdrop, a young blind filly meets Icy Mist, a young disabled pegasus that moved to Cloudsdale. As they become closer, she unravels a certain secret that he begs her not to tell others. Can she save Icy from his father?

  • ...
5
 386
 3,848

Thank You

Well… I finally finished a story. Imagine that. Been writing these things for… quite a few years now and I can say I finished one. So… ‘yay’. Any who, I just wanted to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart to any and all that read this. Even the ones that downvoted. I don’t know if I’m allowed to do this as a final chapter or not… so… until I get yelled at, its gonna remain the “final chapter”. When/if I do, I’ll just copy to a blog and delete the chapter.

Sequel’s called Tears of Snow - Breaking Icy. I bet that already tells you what its gonna be about. I just want to give you a little preview. It’s gonna be a few, like 6 or 7 months, after the last chapter. Snowdrop asks Icy to the Grand Galloping Gala… that’ll be the first chapter. I’ll go into more detail when the chapter’s released. I have no idea when, so I won’t even try to estimate it. I wanna finish a few others before I continue.

Now, the chapter titles, if you haven’t guessed, were titles of songs and this is where I give them credit, via a Youtube link to each, along with who said the quotes at the beginning of the chapters (minus the noncanon chapter). That and I just wanna share these songs, they’re simply… fantastic, if I may borrow a catchphrase.

Chapter Titles

1. I've Just Seen a Face

2. Sweetest Thing

3. Peace of Mind

4. I’m Looking Through You

5. In My Life

6. Can’t Fight This Feeling

7. Blowin’ in the Wind

8. Scar Tissue

9. Until I Find You Again

10. Happy Birthday!

11. Boys Cry Tough

Quotes

1. Mewtwo, Pokemon

2. Yuki, Fruits Basket

3. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

4. Lawrence Kraft, Spice and Wolf

5. Jiraiya, Naruto

6. Kaoru Hitachiin, Ouran High School Host Club

7. Tom Petty, “Learning to Fly”

8. Allen Walker, D.Gray-Man

9. Roy Mustang, Fullmetal Alchemist

10. Shinku, Rozen Maiden

11. Gray Fullbuster, Fairy Tail

Alright, anyone still with me? No? Okay, good. This is where it gets… a bit emotional and feeling heavy. If that’s not your cup of tea, I wanna say thanks for reading and you can close the tab. This story… well to put it bluntly, its very near and dear to me. When I first watched that video, I cried. Full on curled in a little ball and cried. I have no shame in admitting it. That one video… made me put some time away to have a few soul searching days.

Right after watching it, I got the idea that me and her would be a perfect pair. Yeah, I know, its funny cause I’m inserting myself into the story and all that jazz. But… as you saw in the story, I really am blind in one eye. I’ll give you a brief history there, don’t want this to turn into a pitty the author, boohoo thing. I was born 2 months earlier and spent some time in the hospital. One day, my dad was playing with me and noticed that I didn’t react whenever he moved on my right side. So they took me to the doctor and found out I had a rare eye cancer, retinoblastoma. If my dad hadn’t caught it, well… I’d be blind and good lord knows what else would be wrong with me…

And I’m sure I don’t need to elaborate my childhood… Like I’ve said, I exaggerated for the sake of dramatic tension… but everything that happened to Icy, happened to me. The play “wrestling/fights” my dad and I would get into left bruises and scars. I still have a few. We would, and still do to this day, get into fights, both verbal and physical. But that’s another story for some other time.

Primrose and Storm were a mix of how they showed her and a few other people. My grandma and grandpa were a heavy inspiration on how they treated their blind filly. They were always there for me and my grandpa would willingly give up his eye so I could see normally, if the technology allowed. I had a few visually-affected friends were their parents would ignore them for their sibling…

The reason I’m telling you all this is just so you could get a perspective of why I wrote this. Anyone that went through what I have, just remember there are others that are going through and went through what you are. There are people that are willing to listen and help any way they can, me included. If you ever wanna chat, don’t hesitate to msg me here haha. I’ve made quite a few friends through that.

Speaking of that, this story would be absolutely different if it weren’t for WeLCxAlphaPuppy and Rglloyd. Constantly helping me with refining certain plot points, the names, describing, dealing with my bipolarness, pushing me to finishing a chapter, for always helping me edit. Especially Rglloyd. Without him, this story would’ve been over before it even started. So everyone should thank him for it! And I wanted to thank him for always helping me come up with those random things… WeLCxAlphaPuppy, the last handful of chapters wouldn’t be done without his editing. They may have mistakes still but they are a lot better thanks to him.

Well then.. this went on a lot longer than I thought… so, if anyone is still reading this, thanks for sticking around and hopefully I’ll see you in the sequel. Till next time.

Michael, aka FlashKenshin77

Comments ( 90 )

4013060
A little yeah, but alcohol can make you do some horrible things that you regret the next morning...

Until next time... If you have the time read my story.

4013195
:pinkiesmile: Then what I was going for worked... sorta. It was more him just having somepony be there for him..

4013229
:pinkiehappy:

4013236
I'll do what I can... I'll msg you when/if I do

*Finshes reading story*

Take my feels. Take them all...

4013774
haha :twilightblush: Thanks... who am I to refuse a hug? And they say you write what you know... and I think I did a good job. Hopefully I kept doing well till the end...

4014474
By golly I'll give you that trilogy! :pinkiehappy:

And yeah, apparently I'm good at sad fics... :fluttershysad:

I....I think you just made my heart cry with feels:fluttercry::pinkiesad2::raritydespair:, and don't even think I have one!! Is that even possible?
(Don't answer that)

Every. Bucking. Chapter. THE FEELS !
Why do you make me cry every damn chapter ?!

Thank you for this amazing story. You're a very talented writer.
Good luck for the sequel. I'll be there (crying again, probably...)

Until then, Live long and prosper, good sir.
"Ze Frenchie"

4017981
Alcohol... can do strange things... or at least that's what I'm running with...


4018037
When in doubt, Dr Whooves...:rainbowdetermined2:

4018111
hehe... <3

4018179
Thanks! Definitely made my day... needed something nice... :yay: It's been a rough day... :pinkiesad2:

4018259
Yeah... :heart:

4018307
Double thanks man... guess it was worth it eh? :fluttercry:

4018449
This is where I make up some excuse... truth is, didn't plan for that to happen. Was just writing, it worked... didn't think about it till it was published and I was working on another chapter. Friend brought that up and all I could think of was it wasn't really 'adopting', they just filled it out so he wouldn't go to an orphanage. In the sequel, I'll address it. But that's a very weak excuse I know...:rainbowhuh:

4018524
All I can say to that is "Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey..."

But I'd say Icy just turned ~12, 13 and Snowdrop's only a year younger. I should really get those facts straight... was trying to copy the show haha

4019997
:fluttershysad: I wish I could say something that wouldn't be spoiler heavy...

oh damn.... you have my respects Flash:pinkiesad2:

4018259 what i think of his dad:

He is just lost. he needs to get rid of the alchohol

Great story......ya,icy's dad is just lost.......long lost:fluttershysad:

4025015
:heart: If they had a hug emoticon, I'd send it...


4025057
Thanks and yeah...

4032267
:pinkiegasp: :pinkiehappy: THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :pinkiehappy:

Also, read that in Pinkie's voice... thank you for that laugh :rainbowkiss:

4033117
Of course! :pinkiehappy:


4033144
Oh god... I was hoping no one would notice... I think I wrote that after watching that episode too :rainbowhuh:

Mufinator-that's just sad

Good story, man. Good story :fluttercry:

Muffinator- ya,if they were that would be awkward ....and illegal :derpytongue2:

4040484
:derpytongue2:

4040065
Technicality for the win! :pinkiehappy:

4039206
Haha yeah... that's what my best friend said... :pinkiesad2:

4038332
Thanks... :heart:

4040065 4040484 They're not biologically related so it's not creepy at all :pinkiecrazy:

(JK, there's nothing wrong at all :twilightsmile:)

4040987
4041109
Not creepy at all! Nor was it planned... Blame Star Wars :derpytongue2:

I have been reading this story over and over for months, it is possibly the best piece on this website. Amazing work. I had a childhood similar to some characters in this story and I really felt like i oculd relate.

thank you for finishing it

Its so butiful:pinkiehappy::raritydespair: love love love love love love love love loooooovvvee it:pinkiehappy:

4248807
:twilightblush::pinkiehappy: thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!:pinkiesmile:

4517067
I'm very good at the terrible puns of damage... So good... :derpyderp2:

i need dat sequel

4666251
The sequel is slowly coming... :derpyderp1: Trying a few things first.

i have a request, can you stop me from staring at this?

5230860
Sadly, I cannot... cause I do the same thing...

words...words fail, fail to describe what i just read, which is kind of ironic since i just read a lot of words to begin with. just, just bravo, brilliant, fantastic, amazing, and well done my fair gent.

5357581
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it... Did you go back and read the missing chapters or just go after 8?

5357808
went back and read the one chapter i skipped. i would like to read the non-cannon one, but since it's non-cannon i doubt my mind will let that happen.

5360338
Eh, it's just a Christmas special of sorts... More shipping... Some more references, a cute little lesson... Nothing too major haha

5360410
okay then. i shall take your word then sire.

Let me show you how much I like this story.

Let's see, Downloading 99% complete. etc etc.

I offer my blessing towards you and what happened in our youth. I hope that things have gotten much better over the years and want to let you know that this is one of my favorite stories on this site and I doubt I will forget about it for a while.

8152537
Hehe thank you for the kind words.. it has helped a lot being able to articulate what happened in words... and am glad that you liked it ^_^

8152913 No problem man. I know what pain feels like, but I've never felt pain that was physical or out of pure anger like you have. Like I said, I hope things have gotten better for you.

8153490
It has for the most part, life has given me a break for the moment... is nice to feel happy haha

8153540 Yeah, it's hurts to feel that way. I feel happy sometimes but I think it's just the medication talking.

Login or register to comment