• Published 25th Apr 2013
  • 2,675 Views, 123 Comments

Not Your Average HiE Story - Aegis Steelshield



A young man's life changes when he's brought to Equestria in a fiery Explosion

  • ...
18
 123
 2,675

6 Suprise

"Aaaawwww, you broke the chapter naming scheme for little old me!" Came a cheerful voice from just behind me.

I panicked, and crushed the glass of water Rarity had given me after pulling the two kids (fillies?) off of me. In an instant, glass and water where everywhere. In less than an instant, purple-tinted translucent shields formed around everyone just as Twilight's horn began to glow. Off to the side, I saw Rarity's horn glow light blue, and each shard of glass followed suite.

Needless to say, I was impressed.

"Pinkie," sighed Twilight, "What have we said about sneaking up on possibly dangerous beings?"

"That it could end smashed-cupcake bad, so I shouldn't do it, oh hai Nighthawk, I've got a party for you, but Twilight says to wait for the Mayor to meet you, but then I said that meeting at a party was funner, but she said you might scare ponies, and I said that wasn't very fun, and-"

"He gets it, Pinkie." She sighed again before the glass glowed purple and the shields faded away, "And thanks Rarity for thinking quickly."

"Think nothing of it deary."

As I watched, the glass reformed, and the water refilled it. She saw my hesitation, and said, "The water's clean." She held up her right hoof. "Scout's honor."

"But you weren't a scout, silly~"

I turned to the party mare, "That was stupid of you."

The ponies around me dropped their jaws, but I continued, "If I was the least bit less controlled, I might of swung on reflex," I rose my voice, "And taken your damn head off!"

My nostrils flared as I turned back, "You know, I'd hate if someone got hurt. Just... Don't do it again."

I paused as I heard sniffling behind me. I felt bad, but I wasn't going to let it show.

"I'MSOSORRYPLEASEFORGIVEME!!!" I lurched forward as I felt hooves wrap around me. The others must of saw my confusion, because they started to snicker. "I'LLBEGOODTHISTIMEISWEAR!" She was practically yelling in my ear.

I swallowed my pride as I turned, "I should be saying sorry. I didn't mean to yell."

Her tears disappeared and she smiled, "Forgiven~" She said as if singing. Definitely dreaming.

"So, you're a super hero?" she asked, as if she didn't know.

"Super strength, speed, invulnerability, I can briefly levitate, and no. I refuse to sign anything."

She opened her mouth, and I cut her off, "I get this a lot."

The next time I tried to cut her off, she shoved her hoof in my mouth. I might of gagged if it didn't taste like cotton candy.

"I wanted to know what happened to your costume."

Fluttershy spoke up for the first time in awhile, "I had to burn it." She froze up as I turned to her, "I-it was soaked in blood! I wanted to fix it but-" I held up my hand.

"It's okay. It was probably damaged beyond fixing. I'll just make a new one when I get the chance."

"I've been meaning to ask about that." Rarity said, "About your fashion, I mean. I can make a new one for you, easily. Think of it as repayment for helping Applejack. Just tell me what you want." She floated over a small notepad with a pencil. Damn that was cool.

I decided to draw it instead. A nice two piece costume, a belt where the two pieces met. I thought for a moment, before adding a cowl off to the side. I passed it back, and saw their astonished looks.

"So I draw fast? It's no big deal."

Author's Note:

Birthday update spree!!!!