• Published 25th Apr 2013
  • 2,669 Views, 123 Comments

Not Your Average HiE Story - Aegis Steelshield



A young man's life changes when he's brought to Equestria in a fiery Explosion

  • ...
18
 123
 2,669

17 Nurse Sparkle

Twilight wrapped the tape measure around my bicep, and pulled it tight. "You've lost nearly two inches of muscle since the fire."

"Maybe it's from lying around in a hospital."

"I don't think so. You're losing too much, too fast. Remember when you said your stomach might be eating itself? What if it was eating your muscle instead?" She let the tape loosen, and fall. "I... I have a question. I've been meaning to ask, but I never could find the right time. What do humans eat?"

I let out a sigh. I had hoped she wouldn't ask me that. I've been living off of apples, salads, and pancakes since I got to Equestria, all to avoid it.

I tugged at the some of the few bandages left. After I woke up, my healing increased exponentially. My arms and a portion of my leg where still covered in burns, but the rest had healed, for the most part. All I needed was the Doc's okay to leave.

"Human's are omnivores. We eat plants... And meat."

"I thought so." She made a note on her clipboard, "It explains your larger canines. Larger compared to ponies, I mean."

I paused for a moment.

"You aren't going to freak out?"

"You aren't the only omnivore on Equis, silly. You aren't even the only sapient one."

I let out a held breath, before standing. I stretched out my unused muscles. "Don't suppose you know how to prepare it?" I asked.

She made a sickened face, "No offense, but the thought grosses me out."

"You know what I miss? Bacon. I miss bacon." I said, a smile quickly forming on my face. I opened my mouth to say more, but her horn flared, and an apple found its way into my mouth.

She chuckled, before asking, "Where... Where you the only superhero?"

I thought for a moment. I knew of a few costumes, but should I really tell her?

"I knew one or two people who wore costumes, but they didn't have any powers. Knew a supervillain, REM. That's about all."

"What did REM do? I mean, if you're okay telling me. You thought he created us, and thought you were dreaming, so I'm guessing he can create illusions."

"Not quite. REM could put people to sleep, control their dreams. He used them to extract information out of people, and to give them their wildest fantasies. He... He got one of my friends once. Took Vengeance a full day to figure it out, and free himself. I was surprised it took that long."

Twilight took down another few notes. Looking over her shoulder, I saw that they were related to my health, rather than my story.

"Was he dangerous?"

"Of course he was. If you didn't realize that you were dreaming, he could keep you there until you starved to death. Not to mention what could happen to your body before then. I'm glad the Seventeens were too fucking stupid to pull off my mask."

"These Seventeens, where they another supervillain?"

I let out a laugh, "You sure are curious today."

She smiled at me, "Princess Celestia asked me to find out what I could about your world. She said it might help her find a way to get you back home."

My mouth opened and closed a few times. "You... You mean..."

"She's doing all she can. My spell was... Incomplete, but the Princess said it was a good start. She thinks it'll be ready in a year or so."

"I gotta stay here for a year?" My voice quivered a bit.

She reached out for me, hugging me softly. "It's alright. Let it out."

I took a few breaths, getting myself under control.

I get to go home.