• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 898 Views, 15 Comments

Keep on Dreaming - Noogy



Read me Seymour! Brandon is sent to Equestria and wakes up scared and alone... Maybe that yellow Pegasus can help?

  • ...
5
 15
 898

First Meetings

It was around noon when Fluttershy and I departed from her small cottage, it was quite the distance from town maybe two and a half miles for you and me but since Fluttershy could fly, the journey never really seemed to bother her. As we trekked along the dirt road I could see that there was something on Fluttershy’s mind, but she kept her mouth closed.

“Fluttershy is there something you want to ask me?” I asked in general curiosity.

“Oh… well um yes,” She quickly searched for the words in her head, “I was just wondering why you were crying when I found you on the road?”

I paused and had to think things over before I continued to walk and answered, “I woke up in the middle of a forest, not knowing where I was or how I came to be there.” I paused again, “It was kinda scary…” I trailed off and blushed, feeling quite unmanly for breaking down into tears not so long ago.

She let out a small giggle seeing me blush but then focused on the topic at hand.

“I can see how that would be quite scary.” She shivered, “But you’re feeling better now, right?”

I noticed her walking closer by my side now and I felt quite a comfort in that.

“Yes, I’m feeling much better. Thank you, Fluttershy.” I smiled in reply.

We continued down the path talking as we walked and that’s when I took notice of how big Fluttershy actually was, with me standing at 6’1” the top of her head came up to my lowest rib in height. I was shocked to realize that she was actually quite large and that the other ponies must stand around the same height that she is.

She noticed me staring at her form and blushed deeply, she then unfolded her left wing and waved it past my face. I snapped back to reality and realized she had seen me staring so I too blushed and started to apologize.

“Oh… I, I uh… I didn't mean to stare, Sorry. I was just seeing how tall you were.” I stammered nervously with a break in my voice and shifting eyes.

She couldn’t help but let out a little chuckle at the blabbering idiot in front of her and I too joined in laughing.

Sooner than expected we could see the tops over Ponyville’s buildings above the trees, as we continued to walk along in peace.

We were soon on the outskirts of Ponyville and we could hear the chatting and laughing ponies that walked around the market square. We luckily didn't have to pass through the market because Twilight’s library was located on the other side of town.

Finally arriving at the library door, I gently knocked three times. We could hear the sound of movement inside and after a few seconds the door lit up with a purple glow and swung open. I’m guessing Twilight didn’t see me at first because she only greeted Fluttershy.

“Oh hey Fluttershy, come on in!” The purple Unicorn greeted her friend warmly.

The door swung open the rest of the way to reveal me standing next to the yellow Pegasus. Twilight’s face suddenly changed from a warm smile to complete shock and panic, she started walking backward without taking her eyes off me. I proceeded into the house to try and explain who I was to the stunned mare.

Twilight snapped out of her daze and her expression changed to anger, he horn started glowing with magic.

“What the buck are you!” She exclaimed as more of a statement then question.

“My name is Brandon and I’m here with Flutt-“ I was cut short when I was lifted from the ground by the unicorn’s magic and thrown back against a wall.

I groaned in both pain and discomfort while she held me off the ground and against the wall with her powers. Fluttershy now realizing what was happening quickly ran in and tried to plead with Twilight to release me.

“Twilight plea-“ She was cut off by Twilight.

“I’LL ASK YOU AGAIN! WHAT. ARE. YOU?!” She was almost screaming.

“Oh… please just liste-“

“WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?” Her magic grew tighter around my body and I could feel it crushing me slowly “ANSWER ME!”

I yelled out in pain, that was the final straw for Fluttershy.

“TWILIGHT! PUT HIM DOWN! NOOOW!!” Fluttershy yelled at her friend.

In her shock Twilight’s magic let me slip and I crashed onto the floor with a loud very unmanly yelp. As I started to regain my composure I looked up to see Twilight arguing with Fluttershy, I stood up and cracked my back before I started to walk toward the two bickering ponies.

“He’s a human, he’s not from this world and he needs our help!” Fluttershy insisted.

“He’s not from this world alright! Looks like a hairless monkey that walks on two legs!” Twilight exclaimed in a disgusted manner.

Fluttershy was taken aback by that last comment, her eyes filled with tears and she hid behind her mane. Realizing what she had said hurt her friend, Twilight quickly changed tone.

“Oh Fluttershy I’m sorry… It’s just, when a species I don’t know is standing in my doorway and enters my home uninvited I tend to become a little protective and hostile.” Twilight explained.

Yeah… probably wasn’t such a wise move to advance on the most powerful Unicorn in town who has never seen you before.

Fluttershy blinked her tears away and sniffled, “So you’ll try and help him?”

“I don’t know, depends if he’s going to try and come into my home uninvited again.” She turned to me and gave me daggers.

“Okay I know it was wrong of me to enter your home without permission and yes I know that I should have let Fluttershy do the talking but I wanted to show you I meant you no harm.” I said as I tried to appeal to Twilight.

She simply gave me a small nod and turned to Fluttershy, “I will do my best to try and help him.”

At hearing this Fluttershy suddenly became quite ecstatic and hugged her friend “Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!”

I was just glad we were all on neutral terms now, no more being flung into walls by powerful Unicorns for me.

We all wandered over to the table, it was a bit short so I asked Twilight for a cushion to sit on instead of a chair, she supplied one and we all sat down.

“Okay so firstly,” began Twilight, “Who are you?”

“My name is Brandon; I’m a human from the planet Earth.” I found it quite strange to be saying this but questions needed answering so I kept my mouth shut about it.

Twilight simple nodded a few times and proceeded with the next question, “How did you get here?”

“I wish I knew, all I remember is running from some local hoons. Oh and the moonbeam!”

“Moonbeam?” asked Twilight, cocking an eyebrow.

“Yeah, there was this weird column of white light coming down from the sky and it was emitting this high pitched sound.”

“Interesting.” Twilight commented whilst using her magic to bring over some parchment, an ink pot and a quill. She began to scribble down notes of our conversation.

We talked for a while and even shared some laughs before there was a loud knock at the door and an angry sounding voice on the other side. We all looked at each other a shrugged, Twilight got up and trot over to the door. Just as she was about to open it the door flung open and two large white Pegasi barged in. They were dressed in golden armour and quickly surrounded me.

“Don’t move beast!” Warned one of the guards.

They spread their wings and on the margin of their wings they had thin metal blades. Clearly they were used for aerobatic dog fights, to cut down the enemy as they flew past but in this case they could be used just as effectively as a sword. I froze in both panic and fear.

Twilight was now standing behind the guards. “What is the meaning on this intrusion?” She barked at the armed Pegasi.

“I can answer that my pupil.” A soft and elegant voice called out from behind us all.

Twilight gasped and turned to face the large white Alicorn Princess. It didn’t take long for it to register in my head.

Princess Celestia!

“P-Princess Celestia, what’re you doing here?” Twilight managed to ask.

“I came from Canterlot as soon as I could. Did he hurt you?”

“What? No!” Twilight argued, “If anypony got hurt here today it was him!” she pointed to me.

Fluttershy was shrinking into the backdrop and cowering behind her mane, I noticed that even Twilight was looking uneasy. I realized I may be in deeper shit that I first thought.

“How did you know he was here Princess?” questioned Twilight.

The Princess was quite shocked when she heard the question, “Why you had Spike write me a letter of the utter most urgency did you not? Saying you were being attacked by a,” the Princess cleared her throat, “A mutant hairless monkey.”

“What? No! that’s just sill-“ It dawned on Twilight. “Spiiiiike, get in here.” After a few short moments a short little purple and green dragon appeared at the top of the stairs.

“Did you write a letter to the Princess saying we were in danger from a mutant hairless monkey?” Twilight gave Spike an irritated look.

Spike shuffled nervously on the spot. “Spiiiiike?!” Twilight was growing impatient.

“Yeah okay it was me! I heard some commotion downstairs and when I looked you were getting ready to blast that thing with your magic. So I did what I thought was right and wrote to the Princess…” Spike trailed off.

Twilight let out a small giggle, “Oh Spike, we were only confused at that time. I know that Brandon would never harm me.”

The Princess raised an eyebrow and spoke, “You would vouch for this Human?”

“Yes Princess, Brandon is no more threat to me than you are and all he’s doing is trying to figure out how he ended up in our world.” Twilight replied.

The Princess gave a moment to think things over, “Very well, I have heard and seen enough here today. The Human Brandon may stay in Equestria until we find a way to send him home to his world, but until that day I hereby place him in your care Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight’s face grew to a smile and even Fluttershy seemed to be gleaming with happiness behind her pink mane. The Royal Guards retracted their wings and started for the door. The Princess nodded to Twilight and Fluttershy and if I didn’t know any better I would have said she smiled at me. She turned and left, the library door closing gently behind her.

Everything was silent for a few seconds before Twilight sighed. “What’s wrong Twilight?” asked Spike.

“With all my research to be done and my reports of friendship to be written I will barely have any time to watch over Brandon.” She sulked.

Fluttershy ever so gently and quietly piped in, “Well what if I look after him then? Even with all the animals the cottage can get quite lonely, it would be nice to have some company.”

Twilight thought for a moment and then agreed, “Yes Fluttershy that’s a brilliant idea!”

“Well hang on! Don’t I get a say in this?!” I questioned in a louder than usual tone.

“Okay Brandon what do you want to happen?” said Futtershy quietly.

I was taken aback, I’m so used to not having a say in things that when I actually do I don’t know what to say!

“Uh well… um,” I struggled, “Uh… I’ll stay with Fluttershy.” I cleared my throat and confirmed.

“Great! Then it’s settled, Fluttershy is now your Equestrian Guardian!” Twilight cheered.

I looked over to Fluttershy and we smiled at one another.

Maybe things won’t be so bad in Equestria after all…

Author's Note:

Chapter 3 is here! Finished it at 2:20am and uploaded straight away for you lucky readers!

***Yet again! My editor has worked his magic, fixing this chapter that was once riddled with mistakes and errors and truly making it shine! Thank you - http://www.fimfiction.net/user/The11thWonder ***

For my first piece of writing I think this is coming along splendidly!