• Published 18th May 2013
  • 587 Views, 14 Comments

Cross-Realm Raiding - Bishibosh the Shaman



Bishibosh and his companion Fayt travel across the Mulgore plains to meet with a very enigmatic mage.

  • ...
1
 14
 587

Peace for a Time

Cross Realm Raiding
Chapter Fifteen

It had been weeks since the funeral and Bishibosh was still shook at the experience, but the more he walked the streets of Ponyville the more at peace he became with his brothers sacrifice. Two foals were playing in the streets followed by who Bishi assumed were their parents. He gently smiled at the young ponies fun and went on his way. Fluttershy had stopped by the orchard to ask his assistance with her animals. Over time Bishi began to feel close to her and her pets, and she began to feel the same. It was only an hour ago that they finally cleared the damage from the first dragon attack and tomorrow Applejack had plans to replant new trees. Bishi and Fayt were to take care of them, mostly because Bishi still felt bad for the destruction. Fayt was still disgruntled about work.

As the shaman made his way to Flutters cottage, he picked up the smell of something he remembered but couldn't quite put his nose on it. Trotting his way to the door he raise a hoof to knock. He heard a soft voice.

"Come on in, the door is unlocked" the voice sounded a little shaky.

Taking the invitation, Bishi then opened the door and trotted on in. There sitting at the table with Fluttershy were a great many animals all gathered around a big pot of some vegetable soup Bishi's favorite, and joining them was a tall strange creature he hadn't recognized. It was tall, with a slithering type body. Every appendage was from a different animal, and Bishi was frankly impressed.

"Wow Flutter, I thought the creatures I've seen thus far were interesting but this one takes the cake." At this the tall creature stood from the table and grinned.
"Yes, I do find myself rather interesting if I do say so myself." The creature shrewdly pointed out.
"Oh! My apologies. I had assumed you to be a simple beast" Bishibosh apologized.
"Oh no! I must be the one to apologize, see I came here simply to spend some time with my dear friend Fluttershy. I wasn't planed, Imagine that. But alas, I do believe I hear the princess calling for me, so I must bid you two a due." The... whatever Bishi was to call it stated. "Oh, and between you and me" It said as it huddled close to Bishibosh. "She is a real keeper" At this the creature vanished.
"Uhhmmm... who or what was that?"
"Oh that's Discord, he is a friend of mine. He represents the lack of harmony in Equestria and used to be evil. He is reformed now so..."
"Ok, ok... I get it" Bishi smiled. He noted before Fluttershy's tendency to ramble when he was around. "So what did you nee my help with?"

Fluttershy's eyes got really big "Oh my gosh! with Discord coming I completely forgot! Follow me!" She softly (yelled?) as she ran to the door. Bishi followed her out. He had noticed the pet pen outside her home but took nothing of it, until she stepped in and beckoned him to follow again.

"Ok, so what is it? is one of your animals hurt?"
"Oh no, nothing like that. I just felt bad, we all have a pet but I havn't seen you with one yet."

Bishi smiled again, something about her just made him think of happier things. He reached in his bag and pulled out a peace of coal.

"I have a pet, but she is real timid" Bishibosh placed the lump of coal on the ground and with a flick of his fingers the coal ignited. Within the flames came what looked like a little kitten, fur replaced by fire and with a cute little helmet sitting on top of his head. "This is Sparky, in my world she is known as a Cinder Kitten."

Fluttershy looked as though she was bursting with joy when she saw the adorable little frame of the kitten. She just about reached her paw to pet it but Bishi stopped her, and put a glove on her hoof. The glove had three slots to fill but it still fit snug on her hoof.

"That is to keep her from burning you. Just ignore the finger slots. In my world I had a few of them."

She barely heard him as she bowed down to the kitten's level. Both her and the kitty were too shy to make the first move, but once again Bishi pushed. Grabing her hoof with his, he pulled it over to Sparky and gently set it on the kittens head. Fluttershy gasped at the warmth and as she began to pet the fire kitten, Sparky began to purr. Fluttershy was sqeeing softly in excitement.

"See, you both made a new friend!" Bishi added with his best attempt at excitement.
"So your name is Sparky. I am Fluttershy, it is very nice to meet you" She spoke to the kitten, then rose her head to Bishi. "These are native to you're land?"
"Technically no, Sparky was rescued from The Firelands. The plane of fire. I found her sitting there pouting so I adopted her so to speak."
"Wow... She is beautiful"
"Yes... She really is" Bishibosh muttered to himself as he stared at the mare playing with her new friend.


Fayt was sitting in the Cutie Mark Crusaders club house as they were coming up with ideas on how to earn their cutie marks. He had been in here for every meeting they had and when Applejack allowed it, he even went out and played with them. However he avoided them when they mentioned medical cutie marks. The last time they went down that field his exposed bones were knitted together with polka dotted cloth sample provided by Rarity, who giggled at the site of the multi colored pony before giving the girls cloth patterns that matched his fur. Even though he was attached to the mangled look, Rarity convinced him that it was not appropriate in front of her little sister. Now the three fillies had plans to sneak into Twilight's Library to spook her. Fayt enjoyed this idea very much.

At first he was skeptical about these fillies, but in time they really managed to grow on him. He always had a soft spot in his still heart for animals and in his mind these three fillies were three adorable woodland creatures that he frolicked through the Tirisfall woods as a child with (Oops, promise me you wont tell him I said that). Applejack had noticed how much fun her little sister was having with him and decided to herself to let him be a sort of babysitter, rather than steal him away from them.

"Alright Crusaders, tonight's mission entails the infiltration of Twilight Sparkles library." Scootaloo began with a strong military accent. She pulled a switch from under her arm and used it as a pointer to slap random marks on a poster hung on the wall with Twilight's home crudely drawn on it. "We will need speed, stealth, subterfuge, deftness, dexterity, flexibility, adaptation, perception..."
"We get it!" Applebloom shouted.
"Right, anyways luckily for us we have a professional among us today!" Scootaloo stated pointing her switch at Fayt. "Fayt here is a veteran of over six hundred thousand missions of stealth!"
"Well, that is a good number. But still an understatement" Fayt laughed.
"He will lead the mission tonight! Would you like to take the stand honored crusader?"
"Of course, honored crusader" Fayt picked himself up and trotted to the 'stand' wherein Scootaloo handed him her switch.

Fayt began to teach the three fillies the fundamentals of stealth operations. They sat and listened the entire time not taking an eye off Fayt as he stood there and taught. Occasionally he even started swatting the poster randomly as well to add effect, and the fillies loved it. As he was in that tree house, Fayt felt a warmth in his chest he hadn't felt since before his death. It was enough to draw a small tear to his eye, which he quickly dried to keep up his appearance to his young students. In the back of his mend he thought. Twilight, you are in for a scare tonight.


The day was late, and the sun was setting. Yet there was Bishi still enjoying his time with Fluttershy and her animals. Sparky was also having fun with some of the animals but being careful not to burn them. Sparky was amazing the other animals by shooting little fireballs from her mouth and doing fireworks shows. Bishi and Flutter watched and laughed. The fun lasted for an hour when the sun was red and the moon was peaking above land. The two ponies gathered up the animals and put them to rest, and when all of them were sleeping soundly Bishi bid Flutter good bye. Before he reached the door though she stopped him.

"Bishi, wait please..." Bishibosh stopped at the door and turned around to see Flutter approaching him, her cheeks glowing red.
"What is it Flutter?"
"Well... I had alot of fun today, It's not often I actualy have somepony else here just to play with the animals."
"I enjoyed it"
"Yes, but now you have to go back to the orchard. Do you... want to do this again?"
Bishibosh smiled at the thought. "Yes, I think I would really enjoy that. But Fluttershy..." Now it was the shamans turn to turn red. "Maybe next time we could spend more time.... with eachother?"
"Wha-What do you me -EEP-"

Bishibosh couldn't help himself, he pressed himself against her soft lips. He had expected this to go very wrong, thought she would back away and cower, maybe she would get angry, but she just stayed there and closed her eyes. He placed a hoof by her cheek and held her there for a moment longer before releasing off of the kiss.

"I mean more of... that" Bishibosh smiled, still visibly red.
"Yes... I would very much like that."

Author's Note:

Ok, it happened. There you go. I'm a sucker for the quiet shy types so I had to go with Fluttershy xD and Since Bishibosh is just an inward interpretation of myself well. there ya go. Hope you enjoyed the read!