• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 4,132 Views, 72 Comments

The Monster In AppleBloom - unicorn92243



There's something wrong with Apple Bloom, she's unhappy, shying away from her friends, and no one can figure out why. Where has the happy filly gone and why did she leave?

  • ...
7
 72
 4,132

9. Barney

Chapter 9

Barney

Group therapy made Apple Bloom feel ashamed of herself. So many ponies had lives that were horrible. They’d been abused, had few to no friends, or countless other reasons to be depressed like they were. She had a great life, yet she was still depressed, and still stuck in here.

It wasn’t long before she bumped into the colt with the lasso cutie mark again, literally.

“Oof! Oh excuse me... oh it’s you! Are you feeling better?”

Apple Bloom blushed, remembering how the first time she’d seen him she’d been crying like a baby. “Yeah, I am.”

“Well that’s good, I’m Barney.”

“It’s nice to meet you Barney, I’m Apple Bloom.”

Barney turned out to be nice and charming. He often flirted with her, which would make her blush and smile.

Things seemed to be looking up. The new meds she was on was making Apple Bloom feel better, the therapy taught her coping techniques, and she could talk to other ponies who had the same feelings she did, so she didn’t feel so alone.

And of course, there was Barney.

Apple Bloom was sad when Barney got better faster than she did and was released, but she was overjoyed when, after being at the hospital for two weeks, they told her that she was well enough to go home, as long as she continued out patient therapy, which she agreed to.

After she was home a couple of days, Apple Bloom was delighted to go outside and see Barney waiting for her. She ran straight into his waiting embrace. He seemed just as happy to see her as she was to see him.

Was she falling in love?

A few days later Barney showed her his place, which was actually not much more than a shack. He shared it with his roommate Storm Cloud, who was a pegasus who was light grey with a dark grey mane and tail, with a dark cloud with a lightning bolt as a cutie mark.

Storm Cloud introduced her to his black and white kitten, who was named Pumpkin for her orange eyes. Apple Bloom enjoyed spending time with Barney and Storm Cloud, playing with the kitten. She was out of the hospital, she was feeling better, and she had two new friends.

Things were definitely looking up.

Author's Note:

Reviews are loved.