• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 15,326 Views, 914 Comments

Let's Be Evil! - MythrilMoth



The mane six play a very ridiculous game.

  • ...
39
 914
 15,326

Honestly Rotten To The Core

Pinkie laid the spinner on the table and gave it a good, hard spin. The six mares leaned in close, watching the little arrow as it started to slow down...

"Oh, ponyfeathers," Applejack said as it landed on her cutie mark.

"Well, AJ, looks like you're up," Rainbow Dash said, grinning. "Oh, this is gonna be hilarious."

"How's that again?" Applejack asked, glaring at Dash.

"Well, duh! How are YOU gonna pull an evil scheme on ANYPONY? There's not a dishonest bone in your whole apple-buckin' body!"

"Is that so," Applejack drawled. Her face contorted into an evil expression so chilling, Dash shuddered.

* * * * *

Night fell over the peaceful town of Ponyville. The last light had gone dark in the last window. Everypony was snug in their beds.

Everypony, that is, save for one.

Clouds obscured the moon. Thunder rumbled.

"So, it's time..."

A flash of lightning revealed the silhouette of a cloaked mare, standing on the roof of the Ponyville town hall.

"Citizens of Ponyville...sleep well tonight, for tomorrow, you will know the EVIL of—!"

Applejack paused, pulling the wide brim of her hat down over her face. "Oh, donkey dip, Ah can't rightly use mah real name for this. Ah gotta come up with a real good disguise so's Ah don't up an' shame th' Apple name."

As the first drops of rain began to fall, she muttered, "Ah also gotta figger out just whut Ah'm gonna do..."

The rain had begun pouring down by the time Applejack made it back home. As she walked in the door, sopping wet, a light came on and Apple Bloom trotted in from the direction of the little filly's room. "Applejack!" Apple Bloom said, eyes wide. "Are you just gettin' home? Why were you out so late in the rain?"

"Uh...just thinkin' some mighty long thoughts." Applejack paused. "An' whut, pray tell, are YOU doin' outta bed at this hour?"

Apple Bloom ducked her head, pawing the ground with a hoof. "Um...Ah may have kinda et one'a them green apples outta th' south field that ain't quite ripe yet, just t' see what they tasted like." Her cheeks reddened as she muttered, "It kinda gave me th' Trots."

Applejack reared, a nauseated look on her face. "Okay that's WAY more'n Ah needed t'know, little sis." She shook her head. "Y'all git on back up t'bed now, if'n yer done, uh, doin'."

As Apple Bloom slowly shuffled off to bed, Applejack stared in the direction from which she had come. Then, suddenly, a slow, twisted grin blossomed on her face.

"Th' TROTS..."

* * * * *

At lunch the next day, five mares met up at a cafe near Sugar Cube Corner. "Has anypony seen Applejack today?" Twilight asked.

"Not me," Pinkie Pie replied.

"I haven't either," Rarity put in.

"She must be off planning to be," Rainbow Dash chuckled, waving her hooves in the air dramatically, "EEEEvil."

Pinkie Pie and Rarity giggled.

Twilight frowned. "I know we all agreed to do this, but I honestly can't see Applejack doing anything bad to anypony, even if it's just a prank."

"Eh, just wait. In a couple hours, she'll come around sayin' she gives up, and it'll be somepony else's turn," Dash said, waving a hoof dismissively. She took a long gulp of her ice water.

"Oh, I don't know," Rarity said as she delicately sipped cold water from a crystal goblet, "Applejack certainly can be uncouth when she wishes to be. Which is most of the time, actually," she added.

"Um, I still think this whole thing is a silly idea, and—"

Twilight levitated her water glass and sipped from the straw for a moment. "Give Applejack some credit," Twilight said. "She may seem like a simple farm pony, but she can be pretty clever when..." She trailed off, peering oddly at her water glass. "Um...is it me, or...does the water taste a bit..."

Everypony looked at each other.

Five sets of eyes widened in horror.

Five mares dashed for the nearest bathroom, scrambling to get in. Twilight made it first, sending the others on a mad dash to find other facilities.

It wasn't easy. Every bathroom in Ponyville seemed to be occupied.

Thirty minutes later, Twilight woozily cantered out of the bathroom, only to be greeted by a frantic Spike. "Twilight!" the dragon yelled, hopping up and down in a panic. "This is terrible! The whole town's water supply is contaminated!"

"You don't say," Twilight said flatly.

"Everypony in Ponyville is coming down with the Trots!" Spike continued.

Twilight snorted. "Never would've guessed THAT," she said.

"Um...Twilight? Are you okay?" Spike asked.

"Suuure, I'm just fine, Spike. I just LOVE spreading the last seven point eight meals I ate all over Equestria." Twilight scowled. "I think we'd better head to the Ponyville reser—" She paused, eyes wide. "—restroom," she finished lamely, dashing back into the stall (to the annoyance of Bon Bon, who had just reached the door).

* * * * *

Three hours later, the five friends reconvened, looking rather worse for the wear. "This is a total disaster," Twilight said, looking around. All of Ponyville was rapidly turning into...well, you know.

"What the heck happened?" Pinkie asked, looking around. She had produced a glass of water from nowhere and was about to take a sip...

"Pinkie, NO!" Twilight shouted, yanking the water away with her magic and spilling it on the ground. "The water supply's been contaminated!"

"Oh, THAT'S what it was? I thought it was the cherry chow mein."

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. "We need to head to the reservoir," she said. Nodding in agreement, the five mares raced across town.

* * * * *

Many other ponies had figured out the water supply was tainted, and had rushed to the reservoir to find out what was happening. A crowd had gathered around a hastily-erected but surprisingly solid four-foot-high fence which blocked access to the reservoir.

Behind the fence, a charcoal mare with a dirty white mane and tail stood on a stack of crates. A grey cloak billowed around her body; her face was covered by a black mask, and a broad-brimmed black hat sat on her head.

"Citizens of Ponyville!" she shouted; her voice carried the accent of the Manehattan upper-crust. "I have taken control of this reservoir! By now, you know what will happen if you drink the water in town! If you want the antidote, fork over fifty bits per pony! Anypony who doesn't pay up...will have the Trots forever!" With that, she reared on her hind legs and cackled madly.

Everypony gasped.

Twilight stepped forward. "Just who ARE you?" she asked.

"I am glad you asked that!" the charcoal mare said. "My name is Quick-Step!"

"Quick-Step, huh?" Twilight frowned. "Alright, Quick-Step...just you wait. We'll put a stop to your little scheme!"

"You are most certainly welcome to try!" Quick-Step replied.

Twilight looked around at her four friends, and nodded. "Come on, let's go."

* * * * *

Back at the library, Pinkie Pie put her hooves on Twilight's shoulders. "This is TERRIBLE!" she cried. "That mean jerk pony's a big mean jerk pony! What're we gonna do, Twilight?" She paused, then peered around. "Hey, shouldn't we go get Applejack?"

The other four looked around at each other, then sighed.

"DUH, Pinkie Pie," Dash snorted. "That WAS Applejack."

"Huh? No it wasn't," Pinkie said, blinking. "It was Quick-Step, remember?"

"Pinkie," Twilight explained patiently, "Quick-Step IS Applejack. She's in disguise. This whole thing with the tainted reservoir is her evil scheme."

Pinkie gasped. "No WAY! Really? Are you sure?"

"I'm pretty sure."

Pinkie blinked. "Woooooow. She's GOOD. I mean evil. I mean good at being evil?"

Dash shook her head. "Man. AJ. Who knew?"

"So, um...what do we do?" Fluttershy asked softly.

Twilight snorted. "Simple. First, I whip up an antidote. Then, we go back to the reservoir and kick her butt."

* * * * *

Two hours later, five mares stood in front of the reservoir, standing guard over a squirming canvas sack. "Everypony, listen!" Twilight said. "Wait a couple hours before you drink the town water. By then, the antidote will have neutralized the poison she put in the water."

"So what do we do with Quick-Step?" somepony asked.

"Leave her to us," Twilight replied. "We'll take her to Canterlot to face justice."

The five mares were hailed as heroes as they hauled the sack containing the evil Quick-Step to the edge of town. Once they rounded a bend and lost sight of everpony, Twilight teleported the six of them directly to Fluttershy's cottage.

"Alright, come on out," she said, untying the sack.

Applejack, still disguised as Quick-Step, shook herself down and stretched. "Hooo-EEE," she said. "Y'all sure got me good, alright."

"Applejack, what is WRONG with you?" Rainbow Dash screeched. "That was...that was...that was really sick!"

"Simmer down, Sally," Applejack said, tossing the disguise hat in the sack and producing her own hat from someplace. "Truth is, y'all didn't even need t'do anything ta th' water. Ah only had enough green apples ta give everpony th' Trots for a few hours. An' nopony got hurt. It was really just a great big prank."

"Well it WASN'T FUNNY!" Fluttershy said sternly, staring Applejack down.

Rainbow Dash suddenly let out a snicker. "Okay, it KINDA was," she said.

"Well, anyway, y'all got me, so I guess it's somepony else's turn now..."

"Wait, wait," Twilight said. "We can't even continue the game now. Remember the rules? Your little stunt affected everypony in Ponyville."

"But Ah was in disguise, Twi," Applejack pointed out. "An' y'all didn't out me. Far as anypony knows, Quick-Step was just some random nutcase. Soon as I get this crud outta mah hair, she's gone for good, an' nopony knows any diff'rent."

"Oooh, clever," Rarity said.

Twilight sighed. "Okay, so you found a way around that rule," she admitted. "Okay, so who's next?"

Applejack thought for a minute, looking around at her friends. "Okay," she said at length, "Ah choose..."

Author's Note:

*****VOTING IS NOW CLOSED FOR CHAPTER 2*****

Well, there we go. I hate to overuse toilet humor, but when an idea hits, sometimes you just have to run with it.

There are a lot of logic holes in this chapter, but since it's a silly nonsense story, we'll just ignore them.

Okay, so AJ's out! Now it's time to decide which of the remaining five will go next! Lock in your votes, readers!

*****VOTING IS NOW CLOSED FOR CHAPTER 2*****