• Published 17th May 2013
  • 2,384 Views, 20 Comments

Short Stories - Catalysts Cradle



A collection of flash fiction pieces.

  • ...
0
 20
 2,384

9. Seven Minutes in Heaven, feat. Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy

Prompt: Two are stuck in a room.


“Now have fun you two.” Rarity gave me a wink before her magic grabbed onto the doorknob and shut the closet door. The latch clicked shut leaving us in total darkness. Fluttershy let out a tiny squeak as the last sliver of light disappeared behind the solid oak door. I blinked my eyes a couple of times, but I really couldn’t tell whether my eyes were open or shut.

“I’m sorry Twilight,” Fluttershy’s soft voice wavered from behind my left ear. “I have a very small closet.”

“Just be glad we’re not stuck in Rarity’s closet,” I replied. “Or else we’d be drowning in a pile of dresses.” I let out a small laugh to lighten the mood. I tried to listen for any response from Fluttershy but only silence filled the small space. Wait, did I offend her? “I mean, not that you don’t have a lot of really pretty dresses yourself...” My voice trailed off into the void of sound filling the closed.

Oh Celestia, this is not how I wanted this to go. I knew perfectly well what Rarity was doing and I should have suspected as much the minute she suggested a game of truth or dare. Remind me never to tell Rarity when I have a crush on anypony ever again.

Fluttershy shuffled her feet, but wasn’t able to move around much in the cramped space. Our bodies were pressed together tightly, and in our infinite wisdom, we hadn’t even thought of facing the same way. Still, the feeling of warmth radiating from her body, the softness of her feathers, the slow rhythm of her sides moving in and out with every breath – it calmed my anxieties a little. I closed my eyes and focused on the feeling of her downy coat gently tickling my side.

I felt the nervous tick of her primaries in the moment of hesitation before she spoke.

“Um, Twilight, if you wouldn’t mind, could you please stop swinging your tail. It keeps getting in my face.”

“Oh sorry.” I stiffened up, instantly stopping any motion. “Maybe one of us should try turning around.”

“That sounds like it might be hard.”

“Well, if I just get up on my hind legs—” I reared up pressing my front hooves against the wall of the closet. I leaned over trying to shuffle my feet around but being the uncoordinated klutz that I am, I slipped and came crashing down onto Fluttershy.

My face was buried against something warm and soft. I quickly lifted my head. “Oh gosh, oh gosh, I’m so sorry, Fluttershy.” I scrambled around with my hooves to orient myself, searching for the ground but finding nothing but Fluttershy’s soft curves beneath me. She squirmed underneath my touch and I felt a wing fly up and slap me in the face.

“Uh, Fluttershy, do you mind folding up your wings?”

“I can’t.”

“What do you mean you can’t?”

Her reply was barely audible. “It’s sort of, um, involuntary.”

“How is it invol—” I began to say then stopped, my cheeks warming when I came to realize what she meant. My own wings began to unfurl.

“I’m sorry. Please don’t hate me Twilight.”

“Fluttershy, I...” I paused. Okay Twilight, you can do this. This is the moment you’ve been waiting for.

I leaned my head forward, guiding myself by the sounds of her soft, tense breaths and the gentle puffs of air they made. I breathed in, the wonderful floral aroma of her perfume filling my nose. Puckering my lips, I leaned forward and planted kiss straight on her… nose.

Fluttershy giggled slightly as my lips brushed against her nostrils.

“What was that?”

So much for the romantic, perfect first kiss. “I was trying to kiss you.”

“You were?”

“Yes,” I replied. “I like you Fluttershy. I mean, I really like you as something more than a friend.”

I heard Fluttershy squeal in excitement before feeling a hoof smack me in the face.

“Sorry, I just so excited, I just wanted to hug you.” Her voice dropped a bit. “That probably wasn’t such a good idea.”

I chuckled, and grabbed her hooves, guiding them around my neck. “No, it’s the perfect idea.”
I felt her weight shift underneath me as she leaned forward, wrapping her forelegs more tightly against me.

“I like you too, Twilight,” she said softly, her voice now mere inches from my face, her warm breath encircling me. I puckered my lips only to feel her give me a kiss right on the eyeball.

“Oops,” Fluttershy said.

Before we could continue, light flooded the closet, blinding me temporarily.

“Okay, you two, the seven minutes are up, you can come out now.” Rarity’s voice stopped as soon as she caught sight of the two of us. “Oh my.”

I blinked a few times and my eyes adjusted to the bright lights to see Rarity standing frozen at the doorway, one hoof on the doorknob and one hoof over her mouth.

“Way to go Fluttershy!” called out Rainbow Dash’s voice from behind her. I could feel my cheeks blush and I saw Fluttershy’s do the same.

“Er, Rarity. How ‘bout we give them a bit more time in there,” said Applejack.

Rarity nodded as the door slowly closed shut, leaving us in darkness once again.

But not before I could take advantage of the light to give Fluttershy a proper peck on the lips.