• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 19,427 Views, 185 Comments

My Life as a Prince - Night--Mist



Life can be a bit annoying, yet unpredictable for you when you're mother is a ruler of Equestria.

  • ...
33
 185
 19,427

The Big Party

(Moon Dust's P.O.V.)
I wake up the next morning to see mommy looking down at me with a smile on her face. "Good morning my little one, my, you slept through the whole night. I hope you had good dreams,"

I gurgle happily at mommy, but then as I move myself a bit, I feel my bottom wet and mushed against something and I start to cry at the discomfort. Mommy immediately knew what was going on and she picks me up and carried me over to where she always gave me a new diaper. As she removes my diaper I was wearing she says, "Sweet Celestia of mercy, my little prince made a royal stink."

Mommy waves her hoof in front of her muzzle making me giggle. Mommy soon cleans me up and places me in a new comfy diaper. She then picks me up and says, "All better sweetie, now let's get you fed."

Mommy soon carries me over to her bed and sets me next to where I get my 'meal' as she called it and start to suckle from her, letting some milk drip from my mouth, which mom wiped off me as I fed. "Hmhm, you are a messy little one," Mommy says.

Soon she picks me up and burps me again and we soon head downstairs. I was wondering where mommy would take me today as she trotted through our home with me secured to her back. I look around and see the ponies that were shiny standing on either side of mom. We soon come to a stop outside some huge doors and I wonder what is on the other side of the door. Mommy soon opened it and I was expecting her to show me another room in the castle, but instead I hear, "Surprise!"

I was so startled that I buried my head in mom's mane as we came in. "Oh goodness Pinkie Pie, I think you may have overdid it a bit, you startled little Moon Dust," Mommy says.

"Oops, sorry your highness, I was just so nervacited about his party," Auntie Pinkie Pie says.

"You do know that's not a real word right Pinkie," Auntie Applejack states.

I soon pop my little head out of mommy's mane and look at her. "It's okay sweetie, Auntie Pinkie Pie and the others just wanted to throw you a party. Don't worry, mommy's here," Mommy says as she nuzzles me, assuring me I wasn't gonna get hurt. Soon we walk into group of ponies and mom sets me in some sort of swinging bed or something and straps me in with what she called buckles. I felt comfy in it as mommy swings me. Soon other ponies came by and caught a glimpse of me, and some let me hold their big hoof with my little hooves. Some would say things like, "He so adorable, he takes after his mother," or "My your son has a strong grip, just like his father."

I saw mommy crying a few times and wondered why, soon came time to what the other ponies called open presents. Mom takes me out of the swing and lays me next to her as the ponies start to hoof me what I think were the presents. I look at mommy, confused on what to do. She then takes my little hoof and starts to help me rip away the colors on the object. I laugh as this happens and soon start to try it on my own, with mommy's help. Mommy then lets me look inside the brown object to see something colorful. "Awww, a little train set. Moon Dust will love playing with that. thank you," mommy says to the pony.

"My pleasure your majesty," the pony says.

Soon we opened more presents and see more of what mommy called toys and she let me play with a few of them. After a while mom let me feed again while placing a blanket over me and after she burps me again, she lays me in the swing and buckles me in. She then touched something over my head and it started to move in circles then I hear a tune being played that sounded like mommy's song. As the Swing swings by itself I soon fall asleep to the tune being played as I suck on my hoof. I here some ponies say, "Awwwww," but I pay little attention to it as I start to dream.

(Luna's POV)

I watch as my son falls asleep to the motion of the mobile and swing and to the sound of the lullaby I sing to him at night. Many of the other ponies find the scene to be too cute as they continue with the party after I placed a sound barrier over my son's little ears that would stop my son from hearing outside noises as he slept. Many ponies complemented on my son's birth, and of course a few politicians found this to be the best time to harass me with what they thought should be done since my son's birth. Every time they were met with a mental slap in the face after I fired back at them that there was no way my sisters and I would divert power from the royal alicorn bloodline, and Twilight agreed all the same. The other five element bearers and Spike would never stop giving me compliments and my sister Cadence kept going over to my son and giving him nuzzles and kisses, though I couldn't really blame her since she was the Alicorn of Love, and who couldn't love Moon Dust's cute little face.

Everything seemed to be going well, that is until Blue Blood decided to show his face. I was prepared to let him have it, if he was going to as some ponies say it "bombard me with insults again," though I feel he would make more of a scene than I would at my son's little party. Soon he comes up and I say, "Ah, Blue Blood, and what is your complaint of the day?"

"Prince Blue Blood, as everypony should address me, 'dear aunt'," Blue Blood says.

"The Royal Alicorn family is exempt from that and you are to address my sister and I as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna your highness or majesty, so I ask again what is your, complaint?" I ask again.

"I must ask, do take pride in embarrassing the royal family Aunt Luna?" Blue Blood asks.

"Excuse me?" I ask, insulted by such a comment.

"You go and court a common unicorn, and then decide to have a foal together, a foal who has no right to be considered of royal blood," Blue Blood says.

Ponies were watching, but that didn't stop me from defending my lost husband and son, "I will have you know that Artemis Nebula had more nobility in him then you ever will. You speak of ponies being common and needing to address you as a prince, when you yourself, treat them as if they are dirt beneath your hooves. Sister help me, Spike acts more noble then you ever have Blue Blood, and he wasn't taught a thing about royalty. My son has more right to be considered of royal blood then you ever will. Don't think just because I have been ruling for a shorter time then my sister has, you can keep running your mouth about Twilight's or my ability to rule. And don't have it in your mind for a moment my son won't have the proper guidance in learning to help rule our great nation of Equestria" I scold at him.

"Moon Dust should not be given the right to rule at all, he is unworthy to bear any crown or to be called my cousin," Blue Blood fires back.

I was about to scold him again, but then Celestia steps in and says, "Blue Blood, if you so much as speak that my youngest nephew is unworthy, disown him as your cousin again in the presence of any pony, or do not properly address my youngest nephew as Prince Moon Dust, his majesty or his highness, I will see to it personally that you will be thrown in a dungeon and have your title as prince revoked. Do you understand?"

"You can't do that Princess Celestia, I'm your nephew," Blue Blood says.

"And mine and Luna's family bonds with you can easily be taken away after what you have just said about your own cousin and my sister, your aunt. I have the power and you are hanging by a thread already. I know my sister wants nothing more then what I suggested to happen, for you insulting your cousin and uncle like that. Since I must agree to give the order, as I said, you are hanging by a thread of one order to be given by the two of us. Now I must ask you to leave this party and think about what you have said, unless you wish to receive more punishment," Celestia says.

I smile as I see Blue Blood storm out of the room and soon everypony is clapping their hooves for not just my sister, but me as well. Cadence smiled and giggled at the thought of Blue Blood thrown in the dungeon. Soon I hear my son starting to wake up. I ask Cadence to bring him to me and she obliges as she tickles her nephew, making him laugh. I soon introduce him to his uncle Spike, and my son giggles as Spike purposely let out a burp of fire, of course I couldn't hold back my laughter either, and nor could any other pony.

Author's Note:

End of Chapter three. Hope you all enjoyed it. Please read and comment. I am sorry for making everyone wait, but work had me busy, so I was off the grid most of the time. Please forgive the wait. I hope to hear more positive comments and constructive criticism. I'll update as soon as I can, stay tuned. You all rock.