• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 3,683 Views, 102 Comments

The Frozen North - GjallarFox



The Frozen North. A beautiful yet unforgiving place. The perfect place to share warmth.

  • ...
4
 102
 3,683

Confidence (part 2)

Confidence (part 2)

The chill hit me like a brick, sapping the warmth from my skin quicker than Dash could clear the sky. I quickly focused my magic, casting the insulation spell I'd used for the past few days to keep from catching hypothermia. I smiled as the cold was immediately blocked by my magic. The warmth that still clung to my body like leeches expanded to entangle me in a thin layer of precious heat.

The previous night had been the single greatest night of my life, and I had discovered a significant number of things about Fluttershy and myself, like the fact that as far as... intimacy... goes, she prefers the dominant position. I had also discovered that where I once thought I would have taken said position, I actually preferred the submissive position. But that was something to dwell upon later. There was a train to arrive at noon at the station in the Crystal Empire, and we were to be on it. And at the moment, I wanted to share the news to our friends about how we'd finally broken down the barriers on our relationship. I wanted to make Rarity jealous that I had gotten... intimate... before she had found a coltfriend. I wanted to make Rainbow gag at Fluttershy and I kissing. I wanted the world to know that I was on top of it. However, I still wanted Fluttershy to be comfortable with it. I was unsure of whether or not she'd want anypony to know, so I resolved to ask her about it on the train.

"Oooohhhh... I can't wait to tell our friends!" she squealed excitedly next to me. I looked over to her, wondering if I'd heard her correctly. I made a mental note that my eyes instantly gravitated towards her flank...

"I can't wait to see their faces! Rarity will be so jealous!" she gushed. "And don't even get me started on how Rainbow will react!" As if noticing me looking at her funny, she added a timid, "I mean... unless you don't want to tell them yet..."

I burst into laughter, cackling madly like a hyena at the thought that my beautiful, adorable, overwhelmingly kind marefriend wanted to be so... bold and flagrant about our love life. I pondered whether she had gone insane up here in the Frozen North, and quickly shot the idea down. Nay, she wasn't crazy, but maybe I was. But then again, there were many ponies in Canterlot that would call me crazy for dating and... sleeping with... another mare. So I decided that if I was crazy for loving her, then I should be locked in an asylum for eternity, because even after I died and decomposed, I'd still love her, and never want to be 'sane' or 'normal' because that would take away my angelic pegasus... lover...

"Oh, I definitely want to," I chuckled out, my lungs still heaving with laughter. "Maybe we could make a date out of it."

"I'd love that," she sighed contentedly, pecking my cheek.

So we set off from the cliffside, following the mountain trail down the low ridge to the plains once more. The walls of rock to our right was coated in blue ice, from which giant trees of emeralds grew. With each crunch of snow beneath our hooves, we closed the distance between ourselves until her wing was draped around me. I smiled warmly, not wanting her to ever let go. I mentally cursed my saddlebags for not allowing her much closer.

And then... Inspiration.

"Wait," I barked, halting my steps. She stopped with me, and looked at me. I gently shrugged her wing off, reaching back into my saddlebags, from which I plucked a quill and a bottle of ink I didn't think I'd need.

"What are those for?"

"I don't like that our saddlebags aren't letting us get closer," I said, smiling almost deviously at her. "I had an idea of how to fix it. Take yours off." I blushed after realizing how that could have been interpreted had there been other ponies around. She did so without question, simply going with it. I opened the ink, and dipped the quill in. "Lay down, belly up."

Why she obeyed without question baffled me. I thought I sounded insane, and the whole while, both of us were blushing like madmares. But as I approached, holding the quill in my magic, she stared into my eyes, trusting me with her mind, body, and her very soul. When I made the first stroke, she shivered, almost messing up the first rune. I continued, cautiously, making every effort to not tickle her too much. And the whole time I drew into her skin, she stared up into my eyes, and I stared back, letting my magic work itself. In the space between us, our souls danced before our very eyes. Fiery and passionate like a tango, and strangely calm and loving at the same time, like a slow waltz. I was fairly certain that they had coalesced, becoming one distinct ethereal entity. But as the final rune was drawn on her soft belly, they split apart, returning to our respective bodies. Our breaths steamed from the cold, but I believed that it was the sultry, heated situation that I had managed to put us in.

I placed our saddlebags on her belly, at the center of the spiderweb of runes I had scrawled out on her belly. Together, they were about as heavy as I was, but she nary twitched a muscle, save for her eyes that tracked my every movement.

With another flash of magic, the saddlebags were gone. Nothing was left behind to remind us of their existence, save for the runes upon her belly. I smiled, lightly lowering my face to hers and planting a small kiss on her nose.

"All fixed," I whispered into her ear, teasingly nudging it. I couldn't help but giggle foalishly as her ear twitched beneath my touch. She rolled out from beneath me, standing up next to me. The instant her wing draped itself across my back again, it pulled me close to her. I smiled contentedly at the feeling of her warm sides against mine. We walked together, moving in perfect sync down the trail. Every muscle from our shoulders to our flanks moved in harmony, never rubbing, only pressing gently against the other.

We covered miles upon miles of ice and snow walking together, enjoying perfect silence and the simple bliss of physical contact. Fluttershy was lost in thought, a dreamy smile plastered to her adorable face. Each blink she subconsciously made was slow and lethargic, defiantly staying closed for seconds at a time. Her breaths were slow and full, as though she were peacefully asleep in my hooves. I counted each breath, breathing in when she exhaled, exhaling myself whenever she drew breath so that the contact of our bellies would never be severed by our biological need of oxygen. I counted each step from the legs we shared contact with. I counted each blink, and the seconds her eyes stayed closed. One by one, I counted my blessings, smiling as I noted that I was counting the fractions of the one true blessing in my life.

I checked the horizon again, finally seeing the top of the enviro-dome that had been set up to keep the weather in the capital of the Crystal Empire as it was in Ponyville. I smiled and nudged my marefriend, dredging her up from the depths of her thoughts. She shook her head clear, looking at me before noticing where I was looking. She smiled, yawning.

Before my mind could process it, I was plucked from the ground like a carrot. Feeling nothing beneath my hooves near set me in panic. But as my mind began taking in all sensations, I realized that there were hooves around me. I smiled, feeling the wind rush through my mane as we rapidly approached the Crystal Empire's capital. But all the while, I wondered why she was in such a rush.

The train isn't till noon, and surely our friends aren't waiting... at the...

Oh. My brother. That's right. My brother kinda lives here now, I mentally slapped myself for having forgotten such a simple fact. Well, looks like Shiny's getting a big bomb of adorable today.

--

We arrived in relatively quick fashion, passing through the barrier into a sunny and warm environment. A flash of light from Twilight's horn told that her insulation spell had deactivated. My wings itched with anticipation, guiding me towards the massive tower of diamond in the center of the city. As we closed that final distance, the city's natural crystalline magic took its effect. I felt the tingle of magic wash over me, but I dared not look.

"Halt! This is a restricted area!" a particularly hefty guard in bronze armor hollered as I set Twilight down on the balcony of the tower. I landed next to her just moments later, folding my aching wings to my sides.

"We're here to visit Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadence," I said casually, not caring that the guard was holding a spear in his wing, pointing it at us.

"Not just anypony can waltz on into the palace," he barked gruffly.

"Stand down, Quartz," a more relaxed, but definitely male voice called from behind the wall. "Don't you recognize your heroes?" A white unicorn stallion that appeared made of diamond with a sapphire mane stepped out onto the balcony, a brilliant smile upon his muzzle.

Only moments later, Princess Cadence in her own crystalline magnificence trotted casually out to the balcony, gently admonishing the guard, who promptly left, for not recognizing us. I heard her and Twilight sing their signature greeting, giggling like schoolfillies whilst Shining Armor took the opportunity to approach me.

"It's a great surprise to see you again, Twilight!" her elder brother began. "But why are you here in the first place?"

"Vacation," she answered, glancing towards me.

I simply stared at the effects of the crystalline magic. Her coat, once silky smooth and beautiful in its own right, was now gleaming brightly as amethyst. From horn to tail, the glow and shine of her enchanted coat dazzled me near senseless. I felt a little drool collect in the corner of my mouth, but I didn't care enough to do anything about it. Little by little, everything they were saying stopped hitting my ears. For all I cared, they could have been screaming at me. I just wanted to bask in Twilight's beauty.

"Fluttershy?" Twilight's angelic voice snapped me from my reverie.

"Oh, um, yes?" I asked, my usual timidness returning.

"Would you like to tell them the point of our vacation, or shall I?" she asked with a smirk. Cadence and her husband exchanged confused glances.

"Why don't we both?" I suggested.

We exchanged devious smirks, turning back to look at the royal couple. If looks made us what we were, we most likely would have become devils from our smirks. For but seconds, we looked at them with knowing grins, almost forcing Shining Armor back a step. And with perfect precision that only lovers could achieve, we excitedly blurted, "We're marefriends."

The initial reaction was almost exactly what I had expected: shock. Their maws hung agape, almost hitting the floor. Their eyes opened wide, and their pupils shrunk to pinholes. Cadence's wings unfurled slightly,holding onto her husband for support. They held stone still for thirty seconds before Twilight piped up again.

"If you don't approve, I don't care," she near hissed, tears collecting at the corners of her eyes. "Ponies in Canterlot call me horrible things, ponies in Ponyville call me terrible things, and I don't care if the whole of the Crystal Empire joins them in calling me cruel things just because I love another mare, nay, because I love Fluttershy. I don't care if the world turns and hates us for loving each other, but just as surely as Celestia will raise the sun each day, I will love her with every strand in my mane, with every blink of my eyes, with every breath I draw, with every last subatomic particle that composes my being. So go ahead and oust me from your kingdom. Disown me, berate me, I don't care. I love Fluttershy with my body, mind, heart, and soul, and I refuse to stop loving her."

Even I was stunned stiff by her rant. I mean, sure, I'd been berated for being a fillyfooler and loving Twilight, but I always shrugged it off. To know that it hurt her enough to come erupting forth with the force of a volcano... I swore to protect her from those cruel ponies. I wrapped my wing around her to comfort her, shielding her from anything that wanted to hurt her.

"I am..." Shining Armor began, "...indescribably proud of you, Twily. I'm proud, and happy for you. How does it feel?"

"Like I'm invincible when she's around..." she whispered dreamily, a tear rolling down her face. I quickly lifted my wing to brush it away.

"And you, Fluttershy. How do you feel?" Cadence inquired.

"Like she's my heartbeat," I answered in my own dreamy tone. "Like if she's not around, I'm not quite alive."

They exchanged askance glances, grinning like foxes. Cadence spoke, "That is all we needed to hear. Twilight, I'm the princess of love. I don't care who loves whom. I'm just happy that you found love. Perhaps stronger love than ours." She gestured to her husband, who pawed at the balcony floor. "Congratulations to both of you."

Without warning, she tackled both of them in a hug that put Pinkie's to shame. She cried happily into their crystalized coats, her smile big enough to be seen on the back of her head. I smiled happily as well, stepping forth, and hugging them as well. It was a great day. An amazing week. I could not have been happier.

--

We waved goodbye as the train lurched forward. We were somehow in a car completely alone. For a moment, I wondered if her brother and sister-in-law had planned this, but quickly dismissed it. I didn't care. It was dimly lit by candles, and the shades were drawn to block the sunlight, making it feel like nighttime. I felt myself getting warm, and twice I caught myself staring at her flank. I blushed furiously, realizing that she was staring at me too.

"You know... We fell asleep before I could repay the favor," she whispered into my ear. I shuddered, feeling warm tingles undulate up and down my spine. I felt her hoof gently brush against my wing, making it twitch in anticipation. Within moments, she was planting rows of kisses on my neck, drawing an involuntary moan from my throat. I felt my heart quicken as she gently lowered her kisses to my wing, gently stretching it out to its full length.

"I've heard that preening can be incredibly sensual, when done right," she moaned softly, her voice sultry and hot against my wing. "I want to practice what I've been reading..."

Every word she breathed sent a new surge of heat through me, marring every thought in my mind save for the simple few that were relevant to what Twilight was doing to me.

"Ooooohhh..." I gasped as her lips parted my feathers, allowing her tongue to sweep up the debris. Needless to say, I melted almost instantly. I felt to the floor of the car in a mushy heap of pleasure, her ministrations sending wave after wave of scalding hot pleasure down my spine. I felt her hooves run down my back, stopping to trace my cutie mark.

She rolled me onto my back, spreading my wings out on the floor like the pages of a book, her eyes reading them like scrolls containing vast knowledge she didn't yet possess. Slowly, teasingly, she lowered herself to my other wing, preening them with absolute precision. The light pinches of loose and damaged feathers added to the searing waves of pleasure racing through me. I moaned with each pinch, and squealed at each tiny lick to the sensitive skin beneath my feathers, and so great were the waves they accompanied that I didn't notice her hoof gliding down my belly until...

"Twili-AAAAAAHHH!"

------

"Think they're having a good time on their own private and sound-proof car?" Cadence asked, a devilish smirk on her muzzle.

Quoth her husband, "Eeyup."

Author's Note:

Well. There will be a tiny epilogue, which I'm sure will blow your puny minds. You will absolutely love it. I swear on Celestia's mane.

Anyway, seeing as this is the final few chords of my beautiful chorale, and I wanted them to pop a bit, I threw in my brass. I'm not sure if it was used properly/effectively. I was going for a solidification of the fact that Twilight and Fluttershy love each other enough to give zero fucks about who hates on them.