• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,060 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,060

PreviousChapters Next
18. Daniel catches Celestia rockin' out. (You Brighten My Day/Songfic) (Restored)

As he arrived home from another boring, thankless day at work and pulled his car into the car port... that was when he heard the music...

"Ah-auh aaa aauh aaa-ah
Ha-uh aaa aauh aaa-ah.
Wa-uh aaa aauh aaa-ah,
Ha-uh Aaa aauh AAa-ah!
HAuh AAa Aauh AAA-ah!
Thun-Der!
Thun-Der!"

Fearing that someone might have broken into his house whilst he'd been gone - and fearing for the safety of his guest, Celestia - quickly and quietly, he exited his car and made his way into his house. What he saw as he entered the living room, however, took him by surprise. The furniture had been moved out of the way... by a very familiar pony. Therein stood Celestia, but she was dressed like a punk rocker from the 1980's.

As he watched - struggling to contain his laughter - the Princess Pony began to dance and sing along with his "AC/DC: Live at River Plate" DVD that she'd put into the DVD player, and as she totally rocked out - shaking her rump and belting out the familiar lyrics - Daniel couldn't help but think, 'Holy shit... she's... she's really good!'

"I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track (Thunder)
I looked 'round,
And I knew there was no turning back (Thunder)
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do? (Thunder)
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you (Thunder)"
"Sound of the drums
Beatin' in my heart
The thunder of guns!
Tore me apart
You've been ... thunderstruck!"
"Rode down the highway
Broke the limit, we hit the ton
Went through to Texas, yeah Texas
And we had some fun
We met some girls,
Some dancers who gave a good time
Broke all the rules, played all the fools
Yeah, yeah, they, they, they blew our minds"
"And I was shakin' at the knees
Could I come again please.
Yeah the ladies were too kind
YOU'VE BEEN! THUNDERSTRUCK!!"

At this point, Daniel just couldn't help himself; leaning heavily against the door frame, he near-choked with laughter! The sound threw Celestia off, of course; startled, she shrieked, leaping a foot into the air and whirling about to face whomever it was that had intruded upon her... study of human culture. Yes, her study of human culture. When she espied Daniel, however, she breathed a sigh of relief; it was only him... wait a minute... Utterly mortified, the Solar Princess blushed crimson from her muzzle to the tips of her ears, which only made Daniel laugh harder! "Who - he-he-he - Who are you and... wh-what have you done with Celestia - ha-ha-ha..."

Irked, Celestia frowned, before replying, "Oh, har-har, Daniel, very funny..." Then, heaving a weary sigh - dispelling her 'punk rocker' illusion - she stopped and ejected the DVD, before straightening the room. Afterwards, she slumped dejectedly upon the couch, a sob escaping her as her eyes misted with tears. Concerned Daniel made his way over to her and sat down with her, putting an arm about her barrel. At his touch, Celestia looked to him and then - removing her tiara from her head - she held it before him within her magic - as she quietly stated, "I. Hate. This. Crown. With it, I can't ever have a moment of peace; can't ever be myself; can't be Celestia the Mare. All I can ever be... is Celestia the Perfect Infallible Princess. And I hate it! I FUCKING HATE IT!" With that said, the Solar Princess glared at the hated head adornment, something dark rising and writhing within her; she so wanted to destroy the accursed thing... It would be so easy. So simple...

But then...

Then, something stopped her...

The gentlest of touches upon her shoulder...

The gentlest of touches by a very special human man...

"You can't destroy the Crown, Celestia" Daniel stated softly as a lump welled in her throat, "your people need it. Your people need you. But..." - and here he gently took her tiara and set it aside - "you can set it aside for a while before you wear it again. Here, in this place, in my home - now your home, too - you can take that tiara and shove it in a bag in a closet somewhere. We all need time to crash and unwind, even pretty pony princesses." At his last words, a smile creased Celestia's muzzle and she giggled before replying, "Oh, so I'm a pretty pony princess, am I?"

"Yes" Daniel replied, grinning, "a perfectly pretty princess pony purposefully punking...-" Covering her muzzle with a hoof, Celestia snorted, unable to contain the laughter bubbling up from within her chest. "St--stop it, you!" she giggled, poking him with a hoof... and then, suddenly, she and Daniel were tickling each other mercilessly, his hands and her hooves everywhere they could poke, prod and reach! At the end of all things - once both had calmed down - Daniel looked at the ejected DVD still in the caddy of the player. "Speaking of 'punking out'... would you excuse me for a moment, m'lady?" Another giggle escaping her, Celestia nodded; then Daniel left the living room and - a while later - returned, dressed in the absolute shabbiest, grungiest clothing Celestia had ever seen. "Now" he said, returning the DVD to the player as the eyes of the Solar Princess went wide, "where were we...?"

Furniture was once again set aside. An illusion was cast. And then - as the familiar strains of 'Thunderstruck' were heard once again, a princess from another world dropped everything to totally rock out. This time, however, she and Daniel rocked out together.

PreviousChapters Next