• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 524 Views, 12 Comments

Musicnotes story - Musicnotes

  • ...
13
 12
 524

diamond dogs

Musicnotes slowly trotted up to the figures, as she got closer she noticed that they looked pretty ugly, they had big paws and weird looking tails. She didn't know what they were, she wasn't sure if she wanted to find out. One of them noticed her. He was tall and wore a brown vest and a black collar. "Look a pony is here." His voice sounded squeaky. He got up to her face to face. "You look for gems." His breath smelled. She shook her head. "No I will not, I don't know how." Musicnotes lied on the second part, she did know a spell but she didn't want to use her magic. "What are you." The monster snickered. "We are diamond dogs." Musicnotes looked at them closely, she could see why they were called diamond dogs, they looked like dogs and they did live in this mine full of gems. She wondered what they did with them, did they eat them like dragons do or do they use them for something. One of the diamond dogs took out a bridle. He put it on Musicnotes. She shook her head to try to get it off. "I will not wear this." The diamond dogs nodded. "If you don't look for gems then we will ride you pony." Music flapped her wings ready to try get the diamond dog off of her. "I will not be ridden on. I am here on a quest." Musicnotes ran and flew into walls making gems like diamonds, rubies, and emeralds fall to the ground. The gems hit the diamond dogs. One of them said, "This pony is trouble."


Then a another diamond dog who looked really different from the others appeared. He had nicer looking clothes and he didn't look that ugly. " Guys let go of the pony." The others seemed to listen to him so they took of the bridle and ran out of the tunnel. Musicnotes watched as they ran. She wondered why they ran like that. Could it be that they were scared of this diamond dog. The diamond dog smiled and walked down another tunnel, he motioned for her to follow. She followed. She followed him to a room full of gems all over. She looked at him. "Who are you." The diamond dog smiled. "The names Doug. You must be Musicnotes or do you go by Music." Musicnotes stood shocked. " I go by both at times. How do you know my name?" He laughed. "I knew your mother and father, they are good pony folk, they brought you here when you were a small filly. You looks so much like them." Musicnotes smiled. "Really? Who are they? What happened? Why did they leave me? I need to know." Doug gave a disappointed look. "I'm sorry, I can only tell you so much, your parents orders."


Musicnotes was pretty disappointed but she understood. Doug knelt down to her level and put his paw on your shoulder. "I'm sorry I can't tell you much but I will tell you all I know." Doug got up and took a large stone from the pile. He put it by another. "Have a seat." Musicnotes smiled and she sat down. She took her saddle bag off and pulled out one of the containers full of food. She ate some of it. It was just a salad made of the fresh vegetables she helped grow back home. She listened closely when Doug spoke.

"It was many years ago. I am alot different from the other diamond dogs as you can see. I met your parents when they came searching for a few gems to make a present for their friend. I was nice so I gave them some. Years after our first meet and us trying to stay in touch they came here or almost here. It was just outside the mountain entrance to here where it meets the forest, they were running here as fast as they could protecting a small woven basket. Who they were being chased by is not my story to tell. They fought hard with who they were chasing and then soon they lead them in here but got lost in the tunnels. I lead your parents here and we talked. They showed me the basket and inside was you. They told me they must hurry so they left me with this in hopes that one day you would come..." Musicnotes nods as she listened. She now knew that her parents wanted to protect her but from who was what she wondered.

Doug went over to a pile of gems and brought out a pendant, It was a stone pendant with a blue stone. He handed it to her. She looked at it. It had her name on it. She smiled and put it in her saddle bag. "Thank you. But wait you said they were fighting, in my dream that lead me here I saw shadows and like running, it wasn't a clear dream but it seemed so real." Doug nods. "Yes I understand what you dreamed did happen." Musicnotes thought of her dream wondering how she dreamed of the past. She looked at Doug. " If you do see them soon tell them I miss them. " She wiped a tear from her eye. Doug nodded. "I will, now its time for you to be on your way." Musicnotes nodded. "Alright." She went on her way to continue her quest for the truth. She did not really where she needed to go now but she didn't really care. She only wanted the truth. She wanted somepony to explain to her what happened from start to finish. She headed out of the mine wondering if she will get any clues. She looked at her pendant after getting it out of her bag. "Well lets hope I find you both soon."