• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 518 Views, 12 Comments

Musicnotes story - Musicnotes

  • ...
13
 12
 518

into the mine of gems

Musicnotes finished writing her letter to send home to Mr. and Mrs. Veggie. She hoped that things were going well on the farm with out her, she knew soon it would be harvest time and she always was able to finish getting everything picked and ready to sell for the market. She then began to write about the mine from her dream would be like and if she would meet anypony or thing. She closed her journal and put it back in her saddle bag. She knew she would have to start packing. The weather was nice enough for her to walk or fly. She had a map that she got from Zecron that showed the mine she might be looking for was still miles away. She looked around seeing if there was anything else she needed. Zecron came up to her bringing a few jars with him. "These should help you on your quest. I know that no matter what you will past any test." Musicnotes smiled and put them in her saddle bag with her magic but they broke while they were in mid air. She frowned then cleaned up the mess. "Im sorry Zecron I didn't mean for that to happen, I hate my magic I can never seem to get it to work for me sometimes." Zecron patted her back. "Its alright my friend, no ones magic will be perfect in the end. I can tell there is magic inside you that is more powerful than you know. When you unleash that magic it will put on quite a show." Musicnotes smiled as she got more jars full of medicine. "If you say so. I'll make sure to send you letters " Zecron nods. She waved goodbye and walked out. As she walked out she realized that she will miss Zecron and him teaching her. She thought back to the past few days and him teaching her and telling her stories from his native land. She wondered when the next time they may meet.


It was sunny as she walked through the forest that she was in. It was sunny and full of life. She could hear birds singing and other animals running around. Its seemed like things were nice here. She looked at the trees noticing scorch marks like there was a fire or some unicorn was using magic.She knew something happened since she had been around tress a lot of her life.. She recognized that the scorch were very old. "I wonder what happened here." Musicnotes said quietly. She started thinking, trying to figure out why they might be like that or what possibly could have happened like maybe there was a forest fire or lightning hit it or something along those lines. She stopped walking getting tired of it and started flying.She kept looking at her map making sure she wouldn't get lost this time. She didn't even know how she got lost in the first place. All she really did was just start walking in one direction then let her heart lead her to the next part. She thought that maybe her heart lead her to Zecron's for a reason. She felt that maybe it was destiny or fate that made her heart want to take her to where he lives.

The sky grew dark as the day started to end. The blue sky started to turn into bright orange as the sun soon set. She flew at a good pace and soon she was in the entrance of the mine she recognized it instantly from her dream. She walked inside and saw just grey stone all around. She began walking deeper into it when she saw gems of all kinds glimmering on the walls. Some were rubies that shined brightly. Others were diamonds that sparkled when the light from her horn hit them. She continued walking to them, taking a glance as she pasted them when she saw a few figures in one of the tunnels. She didn't know what they were so she prepared herself for anything even if her magic was never reliable, she was still a good fighter.She started to walk towards them at a slow and steady pace as her horn glow started to dim as she couldn't keep it lite but it was nothing she wasn't use to. Her magic would never work when she needed it. She continue to walk toward the figures and was ready for anything.