• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 526 Views, 12 Comments

Musicnotes story - Musicnotes

  • ...
13
 12
 526

gaining a teacher

Musicnotes continued dreaming as her horn still glowed dimly as the dream was almost finished. She started to see the outside of a old mine and found out it was inside a mountain of some kind . Inside was grey and dark but there were more of the sparkling gems of all colors and sizes. She saw shadows but didn't know what they were and continued to hear yelling and screaming as it went on. She woke up. She didn't know what to think of that dream, it seemed like a lot more than just a dream. She noticed that she tossed and turned while she was dreaming causing the blankets to become messy. She got out of bed and took the bandages off her wing and head, feeling alot better but she still didn't feel up to fly quite yet. She could still hear the rain fall as she started walking to the door. She opened it and saw the zebra Zecron in front of a big pot. She looked around seeing masks hang on the walls and jars on the shelves. Zecron saw her and smiled. "Hello Musicnotes how are you. I hope your not feeling blue." Musicnotes smiled. "Im fine Zecron what are you doing." Zecron grabbed a green looking plant and put it in the pot. "I am working on some medicine to help pony folk when needed. When they are hurt I give them something so they could be treated." He put some more plants in the pot and started to stir.

Musicnotes looked at theses medicines with wonder. She wondered what they could do, how long to make, would it be easy to do, and if she could learn."Really there are ponies around here in this forest." Zecron nods. "Yes there are some ponies not meant for the cities or come here to hide. But they are still like you and me on the inside." Musicnotes thought for a minute, when she was walking around the forest she didn't see anypony out there but then again it was a pretty bad storm and she did walk in the wrong direction so it could be assumed the other ponies could just be hiding and waiting for the storm to end. She looked up at Zecron. "Can you teach me how to make these, they may be of some usefulness on my travels." Zecron nodded and grabbed a few books from a shelf. They all looked like they had information on plants and they were pretty thick with more than a three hundred pages maybe. "Read theses they have info on plants that can do well but also do wrong. Study these and you will know which can work to get along. " Musicnotes took the books and started reading like mad. She was a really fast reader so she figured she would be able to read all the books in no time. She remembered that there were times that other ponies would call her an egghead cause of how fast she was able to read. It seemed to have taken her an hour or so till she finished all the books. When she finished the books she had them memorized and was ready for the next step.

Zecron pulled out some plants in all colors, some looked like weeds, others had flowers and some looked like seeds. Zecron put them in front of her with a mortar and pestle. "Mix up these ingredients and use the ones right, that would help a hurt pegasus get back into flight." Musicnotes thought for a moment. She knew he wanted her to make medicine for a pegasus with a injured wing. She thought back to the books and remembered. She grabbed a few of the seeds and crushed them with the mortar and pestle. She combined a few more ingredients until she thought it looked right and poured the liquid of what she got into a jar. It was clear and seemed to shine. She took it to Zecron. He looked at it and smiled. "Good job, you make an wonderful student in my eyes. I hope what I teach you will help by the time we say our goodbyes." He put the jar on the shelf.Musicnotes smiled and nodded. "They will, Im sure of it." The rain continued to pour so they decided to keep learning and teaching. Musicnotes never really thought of anypony as a teacher but Zecron might just be a teacher to her. She pulled out her blue journal/notebook that Mr. and Mrs. Veggie gave her before she left and started writing about what was going on and she might just even send them a letter. Dear Mr. and Mrs. Veggie, how are you guys doing? I am fine, It turns out I went the wrong way but I have been having a really good time. I met a nice zebra named Zecron and he has been a really good teacher for me. I have learned so much and I hope I can learn more. Ill write you more love Musicnotes.