• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 524 Views, 12 Comments

Musicnotes story - Musicnotes

  • ...
13
 12
 524

the truth and a dream

Musicnotes has been having fun since she got her cutie mark. She always loved to sing and she can even play some instruments now that she learned a little. One day Musicnotes was trying to get her pet bunnies to sleep. She had given them names since she got them. The white bunny was called Snow, the black bunny with a white tale was called Storm, and the other black bunny was called Coal. They were jumping all around her room when it was suppose to be bed time, She thought they would have already wasted all their energy today when they were playing. "Alright my little bunnies time for you to go bed." Musicnotes said when she entered her room. The bunnies payed no attention to her as they jumped on her bed. "Please my friends." Music pleaded. They still didn't pay any attention. Soon Musicnotes was going to give up and leave but she didn't notice she was humming a tune since she hummed stuff all the time as she worked on her chores and homework. With in a minute all three of her bunnies were fast asleep. Musicnotes looked up. "How did they get asleep so fast?" She thought about it for a minute and realized she was humming.

Musicnotes flew downstairs to Mr. and Mrs. Veggie and asked. "Soy, Dandelion do you know what Im humming." She started to hum and slowly Mr.Veggie started to fall asleep but before he did Mrs.Veggie woke him up. "Now Musicnotes that song is something we always heard you hum." Musicnotes looked at her. "So...you don't know the song." Mr.Veggie looked at his wife with a sad look. "We have to tell her everything." "Tell me what." Musicnotes asked. Mrs.Veggie set down some cookies on the table. "About the day we got you." Music was confused she was always knew that she wasn't their child but she figured they knew who her real parents were. "I thought you told me you found me and that was all I know." Mr.Veggie told her all that they knew. They told her about the stormy night and showed her the basket they found her in from the attic. They told her that she was always humming that song and figured her real parents sang it to her as a lullaby. Mrs. Veggie sighed. "That's all we really know. We would have told you everything but we didn't want you to get mad at your real parents since they left you out in a storm."


Musicnotes stared at the ground and then looked up. "Im going to find out what the song is and I'm going to find my parents." Mr. and Mrs.Veggie gave her a hug and said "That's fine with us. We always figured you would go do that. " Musicnotes left her home and went to the library in New Saddle. She went up to a mint green pony with a yellow mane. "Excuse me but do you have any books on lullabies?" The pony smiled and she said. "Yes on that shelf." Musicnotes thanked her and started searching. She searched and soon found a old purple book and when she opened it she saw a page that said something about a magical lullaby. Musicnotes read it and it said it was a lullaby written to put anypony or thing to sleep and that only a certain family who originally wrote it has the ability to do it. It also said if it was sang in a certain way it would mean that the pony hearing it would never wake up. Musicnotes kept reading it and saw something that was written below. She read it softly to herself. "The members of the family who can sing this have to sing the song from beginning to end or else they become really weak." She looked at the bottom of the page and saw the lyrics. She sang them aloud and when she looked up from the page everypony in the library was asleep. She waited a minute and they woke up. She whispered "Okay the lyrics match the melody of whatever I was humming and everypony fell asleep when I sang it but to make sure that this is a clue...." Musicnotes got to keep the book for a few bits and ran to a few of her classmates who also had music as their talent. She got them to sing the song but nothing happened. She was now positive that this was a clue to her true family.

She ran back home and fell asleep. That night she had the strangest dream. There were a few ponies running through a mine full of gems. She felt like she it wasn't a dream but couldn't place the where the mine was. She woke up. She figured that it may be another clue or it could just be a dream. She thought for a minute and figured it was best to take the chance of it being a clue,she figured it was time for her to leave the farm and begin her quest for the truth. She didn't know what would happen or what it would be like but she knew that she was almost old enough to leave, she wasn't the filly she was when she got her cutie mark. She can fly pretty well and even if she couldn't do magic well she believed that she would still be able to discover the truth. She decided to look for pictures of the mine and she would go there.