• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 57,390 Views, 9,323 Comments

MLP Time Loops - Saphroneth



Twilight Sparkle has been here before. In fact, she's been here so often she's thoroughly bored. Time Loop stories for Equestria.

  • ...
92
 9,323
 57,390

PreviousChapters Next
MLP Loops 141

141.1 (Evilhumour)

Queen Twilight, Savior of Ponykind, Banisher of Tirek the Terrible, Mother of Equestria, Defender of All, and a lot of other titles, tapped Her hoof in annoyance. Her six daughters; Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Diamond Tiara, Nightmare Moon/Nyxie Poo, and Silver Spoon had done a wonderful job in leading Her little ponies into a golden age after Her breakup with Discord ended up in a tiffle* that made Her rethink Her actions and let Her daughters start fresh on; in a fashion. She let them know of Herself; that She would brook no fighting between them. They would rule together and She outright refused to let any of them to know who was born first. She told them a few other dozen little rules; no banishing a sister unless it was outright required and She would come home early to make sure, don't rule with an iron hoof, don't drink too much, don't abuse their rights as Princesses, the general stuff a mother and ruler would tell Her daughters before leaving to rediscover Herself.

What She forgot to mention to Her five alicorn daughters and one draconequus was about boys. Her eye twitched as She looked over the last boyfriend, the one damnable rugged alicorn stallion from another world, that was cuddling close to Her Nyxie-poo, with the other five boys in similar situations with Her daughters.

"So girls, want to introduce me to your boyfriends once again?"


*Said tiffle resulted in new land formation, the Rebirth of the Three Tribes, the Reunification of Ponykind, the Era of Silence/Deafness, the Separation of the Tribes, the merging of the Three Great Herds, the Horrible Divide of the Eternal Herd, the minor intergalactic war with the Solar Republic, the Lunar Kingdom and the Everfree Nation against the Seapony Empire, the Rebuilding of the Unified Stable, which was toppled when Queen Twilight threw King Discord into the ruling capital city which dominoed into the toppling of the civilization and leading to the era of Wildness. After which, Queen Twilight turned the King into stone, gave birth to her daughters, brought forth Equestria and took off to rediscover Herself and possibly find someone who wouldn't forget their anniversary.°

°Among other things, like forgetting to take out the trash, leaving the toilet seat up, letting his chaos go a bit wild, and other little stuff.


141.2 (Detective Ethan Redfield)

"What the Bark are you doing?!"

One Twilight Sparkle watched in horror as the Crystal ponies smashed the blackened soot that had once been the remains of Sombra with sticks, bats, hoes, or anything they happened to be carrying at the time. A blue pony stepped forward, appearing sheepish, "We're just, letting off a thousand years of pent up aggression. You have no idea the horrors he inflicted on us what we were gone."

One of the crystal pony foals slammed his stick into the soot, which caused Twilight to snatch the gathered ponies' weapons out of their magic/hooves with her own magic and shout, "You are better than this, better than him! Just go on with your life!"

Another whack on the ground caused Twilight to turn and see Pinkie with a stick in hoof. Twilight narrowed her eyes, "And what are you doing, Pinkie?"

Pinkie looked pleased. "Well, everyone else was hitting the pile of soot, I wanted to join in too. It looked like so much fun!"

Twilight muttered, "Pinkie, you are literally beating a dead horse."

Pinkie didn't even miss a beat. "Pony."

Neither did Twilight. "Whatever. You're one of the saviors of the Crystal empire, act like it, alright?"

"Okie-Doki!"

After the crowd dispersed, two unicorns wearing carny hats lifted the black soot. They grinned to one another as the one with a mustache spoke first. "You thinking what I'm thinking, dear brother of mine?"

The other one seemed almost giddy with excitement. "Indeed, dear brother of mine."


Some Time Later

"Hey Twilight," Pinkie said as she poked her head into the purple unicorn's room.

Twilight replied, "Yes Pinkie?"

"You remember a couple days ago when you stopped us from beating Sombra's dead remains?"

Twilight rubbed her forehead. "I'm not going to like this, will I?"

Pinkie shrugged. "And you remember those brothers who tried cheating Applejack and her family out of their farm?"

Twilight groaned. "What did they do now?"


Flim shouted. "Come one, come all, to the show of the century! Yes for just today, you can whack the evil, and dead, King Sombra!"

Flam continued. "Three bits a whack and no more than nine whacks at a time, but you can return to the end of the line for more whacking! Come one, come all!"


141.3 (Evilhumour)

Addon to 84.20

As Emperor Guiding Light watched his son walk away with snigger still on his lips, the Captain of his Guards walked up to him. The pony went by the name of Little Kitten, which tugged on his mind for some reason.

"My Lord?" The golden armor pony looked up at him with confusion on his face. "Does this weird stuff happen often in these loops that Lord Fenrir mentioned?"

The pony next to him had the rare privilege of the Emperor of Ponykind doing a double take with wide eyes. “Wh- what did you just say?”

“I simply asked if this is a common occurrence in these loops my lord,” the pony repeated his question, looking steadily at the now sweating alicorn that easily moved the sun.

“Yea- well, no, -actu-" Guiding Light shook his head, trying to get his thoughts in order. “You are the Captain-General of the Custodes, are you not?”

“Indeed my lord,” the pony nodded his head. “Do you require any assistance my lord?”

“I-no- I - Gah!” The alicorn placed a hoof to his face, trying to calm and steady himself. “How long have you been looping?”

“Only for about a hundred or so millenniums my lord,” the pony responded as if it was the most natural thing in the world to have time repeat over and over again-then again, it was their loop they were talking about. “Are you sure you are alright my lord?”

“Ye-yes, it is just a bit of a surprise to find out.” He gave a weak smile to the pony next to him. “There are a number of materials I must go over with you now, but we shall be fine overall. This loop is relatively peaceful and tranquil, although if you have any questions or comments, please tell me now before we begin our lessons.” Guiding Light smiled, gesturing with a wing to his private chambers.

“Nothing truly to report, my lord.” The pony said with a nod of his head. “Although, I’m glad that my battle brothers don’t run around naked and oily in this loop as my memories are informing me. Although, it seems to be a lesson that I have to frequently reeducate them on…”

The Emperor of Ponykind could only groan as he facehoofed, hoping that whatever Leman was dealing with was far more mature and sane.


141.4 (Evilhumour)

"Get back here Lemon!" Nyx shouted, chasing the yellow stallion across Ponyville with many turning their heads in confusion. "Fluttershy told me about it and I want to see it now!"

"Never!" The earth pony jumped over several of the carts in the market street, landing nimbly on his hoofs with something pressed close to his chest as he ran towards the train station. "You'll need to pry it out my lifeless hooves-MEEP!" Lemon squeaked as Nyx teleported in front of him, causing him to rear back. Nyx used her magic to tip her boyfriend over into the fountain and grabbed the magazine before it was destroyed by the water. Using her wing to block the splash the sputtering stallion made, she took to the air as she looked at the pictures of Sour Punch that Photo Finish took.

Blushing and snickering, she had to admit that like his mother, Lemon made one hell of a good model.


141.5 (Ryuus2 with some of Wildrook's ideas)

Almaz sat quietly at his desk and pretended he was paying attention to the lecture his teacher was giving. Normally he would at least try to pay some attention, but he'd sat through this lesson so many times he could recite it by rote...while asleep. The only reason he was even here right now was because he Woke up at the desk and was too polite to leave in the middle of class if it wasn't an emergency. Instead, he mentally went over his plans for this loop...which amounted to "get closer to Princess Sapphire to try and get her looping."

"Alright class, we've got a new student today!" He turned to the door and shouted, "Get in here!"

What walked into the classroom was the single strangest creature Almaz had ever seen, and in this school that was saying something. It's entire body seemed to be a mish mash of different parts in a roughly draconic shape. Its head was vaguely equine with a cropped mane, its body was serpentine and covered in feathers, and it had a dragon’s tail. On its left side it had an ibis’ horn, birds wing, eagles talon, and bulls hind leg. Its right side had a deer's antler, bats wing, lions paw, and a dragons back leg. And every part was a different color, like a child’s color by numbers picture. "Hello, I'm Discord! And I'm going to become this schools Number One Delinquent!"

Just then, another Discord drove by the classroom on a Vespa shouting, "Top Honour Student! Yeah!" before speeding away.

"I hope we all have a Looping good time!" Almaz's head snapped back and forth between the duplicated student and the extra capital letter added to the subtitles...that hadn't been there before. It said something about the nature of his universe that twin chimeras and spontaneous subtitles didn't warrant more than a surprised shrug from anyone in the class. Before anyone could ponder it too much, dual shouts from either side of the room quickly distracted them.

"Darn it, let me in!" Raspberyl shouted from outside the classroom as she banged her hands against an invisible barrier.

"Damn it, let me out!" Mao shouted from the desk he was cocooned to in the front row seat farthest from the door.

Almaz choked back a snicker. Neither of the demons was looping this time, but whoever had the balls to do that would certainly be in trouble when the two tracked them down. Turning back to his desk, he saw that Discord had taken the seat next to his and was presenting a claw to shake, specifically his right leg with his left paw. "Hello, Discord, Equestrian Looper and demigod of Chaos."

Almaz took the appendage with a queasy smile, not sure if he even wanted to think about how he was doing that. "Almaz, hero and Anchor of...I think he called it Disgaea?"

"Oh good, you've had the multiverse talk already. I was wondering when I didn't receive a ping back earlier."

"Yeah, someone named Blues gave it to me just a few loops ago. I'm still getting used to all the new terminology, and I'm not that good at sensing or sending pings yet." Almaz scratched his head in embarrassment. Then something Discord said struck him. "Excuse me, but, I thought Equestria was supposed to be full of horses?"

"Ponies mostly,” Discord shrugged. “But we also have Griffons, Dragons, Sheep, Cows, Minotaurs, Chickens--just about everything you could find on a farm or in a mythology textbook. I myself belong to a uniquely elite breed of chaos spirits known as Draconequii. So elite, that there are only two of us in all the loops, and rarely both of us on Equestria at the same time." Once he was done pontificating from the stage that used to be his desk, he snapped his fingers and was back in a normal seat. "It's good you've already had the talk. If you have any questions, I believe Twilight Sparkle, Equestria's anchor and most accomplished bookworm, has replaced your librarian this loop."

"Er, will she be okay?"


Meanwhile, in the Library.

"Hello, I'm the new Librarian, Twilight Sparkle. The library is for studying and reading. Troublemakers will immediately be removed from the premises."

"By who, you? Bwa Ha Ha!" An unruly freshman demon punk taunted.

"No, I leave that job to my assistant," she said matter of factly.

"And what's he, a bunny rabbit? Ha!" Another punk ribbed, getting guffaws from his friends.

"Actually, he's the giant dragon breathing down your neck." The punks turned around and came face to snout with a fully grown, unawake, Spike, who proceeded to snort out a plume of smoke that left the punks coughing ash. "Be glad it's not the rabbit; he's a lot less gentle." Even when he's not awake, Twilight thought humorously.


"She can handle herself."

Not to be forgotten, Mao had finally broken free, and he and Raspberyl had started peppering their respective sides of the doorway with attacks in hopes of breaking through. Right as they were about to release some of their more damaging attacks, Discord snapped his fingers and the two blasted each other through the no-longer-there barrier. As they were getting up, the other Discord drove by again, and hit them both with lemon meringue pies. They immediately drew weapons and chased after the laughing chaos sprite.

Through his laughter, Almaz managed to pull a couple of cloaked surveillance drones out of his subspace pocket to send after them. This loop had just gotten a lot more interesting.

Later that loop:

"Pretty pony princess...chibi demon cutie...I cannot decide! I must hug them both!" Princess Sapphire shouted before leaping at the two cutest residents of Underworld Academy for a double glomp.

Almaz fought desperately to hold back his laughter as his drones recorded the scene. He'd heard it was decidedly hard to get dirt on the Equestrian anchor, and it couldn't hurt to have something for the Princess and Raspberyl down the line.


141.6 (Evilhumour)

Rarity's ear twitched as she heard loud arguing and shouting outside her shop, faintly aware of the familiarity of the voices.

Without warning, an obsidian alicorn stallion flew into her shop, a grin on his face as he levitated a magazine over to her.

"-xy, please don't!" a yellow alicorn mare whined as she flew into the Carousel Boutique, landing with a pout and blush on her face.

"Sorry, Lemon-er Sour Punch, but this was needed!" The stallion grinned at her, puffing out his chest. "See how good she looks, Aunt Rarity?"

"Indeed." Rarity raised an eyebrow, a tiny bit surprised of much her friend's adoptive son was just as stunning as a model as she was. Then again the loops had a strange kind of humour. "And it is good that you brought her in, darling." Rarity smiled to the stallion of the moon, whom she often foalsat herself.

"Wait, what?" Sour Punch blinked, looking between the two ponies in front of her.

"I know, it's the only way I can actually get her in something without having to search all of Equestria for her." Erebus huffed, rolling his eyes. "Do you know the last time I tried to do so, she hid for the entire loop?"

"Tsk tsk, that won't do." Striding towards the back of her shop, Rarity used her magic to lock the doors and windows. "Would you be a dear and not buck down my walls? If you do, I will tell Fluttershy." She heard a chuckle from the stallion and a groan from the mare behind her. "Nor can you teleport out, as I have far more experience in magic then you."

"Bucking tree..." the mare muttered darkly behind her, the stallion laughing louder.

"Well, I told you should have practiced your magic a bit more, but noooo." The stallion had brought the mare into the room with Rarity, the air filling with measuring tapes.

"Yah, yah," the mare grumbled, stepping onto the podium. "Please no frills; my brothers will never shut up if they hear about it."

"Oh darling," Rarity said, her smile inspiring fear in the heart of the anchor of one of the harshest Loops. "I'm going to make you so lovely!"


141.7 (Evilhumour)

Nyx tapped her hoof on the ground, looking at sweating and panicking man sitting next to her.

"Come on, you can do this!" She ignored the snickering they were getting from the Space Wolves, neither of them bothered to try and glare at the marines anymore.

"It's just so... dainty." Leman grumbled as he placed his hands on the wheel. "I mean, why can't I just drive a tank?"

"Because not everything is a Spruce tank!" She snapped, flapping her wings as the snickering started to die off. "Please, for me?"

The Space Wolves certainly did not d'awww at the sight of the pony giving their king the puppy dog eyes nor did they glare angrily at their king for daring to say no to her. Leman did blush at her big, beautiful eyes and turned his head towards the screen before sighing. "Alright Nyx, for you." He leaned up to give her a kiss on her cheek before cracking his fingers. "I mean, how hard can this driving simulation be?"

Later, Leman would learn to regret saying those words when he managed to drive his car into the ninth floor of a ten story building and then into a twelve story high building roof pool across the city to the amazement of everyone involved. Nyx just shook her head and slapped Leman with a pillow as to get him used to the concept of airbags.


141.8 (Evilhumour)

The library door opened as two wolf cubs walked in, sniffing around. Twilight recognized the two as Geri and Freki, but why were they he-

All of a sudden, Freki leaped behind the sofa.

With a yelp, a yellow foal tried to run the other way but Geri was standing in his way.

"Traitors!" The foal shouted as Geri and Freki pressed into the colt, and dragged him out. "I don't wanna take a baaaaaaaaaaaath!"


141.9 (Gym Quirk)



Fluttershy Awoke to the sound of the bell on the door to Carousel Boutique. She peeked over the counter to see Spike dragonhandling a large birdcage toward her.

"Hello?" he said. "I wish to register a complaint."

The pegasus glanced around at the variety of cages and concluded that she was the proprietress of a pet emporium. She continued to crouch behind the counter.

"Hello, miss?" the dragon called.

Gathering herself, she stood taller and looked at the cage Spike was attempting to lift to the counter. "Oh. Hi, Spike. What seems to be the problem?"

"I wish to complain about this phoenix I obtained not half an hour ago from this very boutique."

She decided to let the loop memories provide details of the transaction. "Ah. The Everfree Red? What's...um...What's wrong with it?"

"I'll tell you what's wrong. He's dead. That's what's wrong."

"Are you sure he isn't just resting?"

Spike gestured at the pile of ash at the bottom of the cage. "No. I'm pretty sure I can recognize a dead phoenix, and that's one right there."

Recognizing the setup, the pegasus decided to play along with a mental shrug. "No. He's clearly resting. Remarkable bird, the Everfree Red; lovely plumage."

"The plumage is beside the point. He's stone dead."

"Nonononono..."

"All right. If he's resting, I'll wake him up." The dragon cupped his claws and bellowed into the cage: "Hey! Peewee! Up and at 'em!"

A yellow wing reached out and nudged the cage. "There. He moved," Fluttershy suggested.

"That was your wing hitting the cage," accused Spike.

"Oh...I guess you're right. But I'm afraid you may have stunned him with your yelling."

"Stunned?"

"Um...yes. The Everfree phoenix is easily stunned, you know."

The dragon regarded her with an incredulous look. "Fluttershy? Are you okay? I mean I got Peewee home from here just a little while ago and he burst into flame and is now just a pile of ash and soot."

"Well, he probably thought there was a timberwolf nearby or something. Remarkable bird, the Everfree Red. Wonderful plumage..." she repeated with quiet enthusiasm.

"Timberwolf? Seriously? Look. He's passed on! This phoenix is no more! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! His metabolic processes are now history! He's kicked the bucket, shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain, and joined the great migration!! THIS IS AN EX-" Spike trailed off, blinking, "...phoenix?"

The dragon was showing the tell-tale signs of a newly-awake looper.

"Fluttershy? Have we been doing the 'Dead Parrot' sketch with Peewee?"

"Sorry, Spike. I couldn't resist. Here. Let me bring him back for you. Regenerate."

As the druid spell took hold, the ashes reconstituted themselves into a small bird, who cheeped apologetically.

Any further discussion was cut off by the door opening.

"Fluttershy! We would have words with thee," declared a midnight blue alicorn as she strode into the shop.

"Oh. Hello, Princess Luna. What do you need?"

" 'tis about this possum you did provide us yestereve. We fear that he may have expired."

Spike regarded the motionless opossum on the princess' back. After stretching out with his Force senses, he shook his head. I don't think the princess will appreciate the joke, Admiral...


141.10 (Detective Ethan Redfield)

Celestia looked at the stars, a sigh escaping her lips as four particularly bright lights in the night sky descended behind the moon, causing the mare image to disappear. And then, the four stars started drifting back outwards. Celestia blinked in confusion. A very familiar voice echoed beside her, "Blast these stars. I look away from them for a second, and they go right out of place."

The white Princess turned to the pony next to her, a familiar navy blue alicorn with stars in her mane and a crescent moon mark on her flank. Afraid that this was a dream and that she would wake at any moment, the white princess reached a hoof out slowly, and touched her sister. Her throat dried up and she couldn't speak as Luna turned to her and tilted her head in confusion, "Uh, Tia, do you mind? I'm trying to get this just right."

Celestia blinked, looked at her hoof, then touched Luna again. This time, however, the moon turned a violet color. The night princess groaned in frustration, "Yes, yes, I'm here, I'm alive, you're not dreaming. Look what you made me do! Now I'll be stuck all night trying to fix this."

Luna started muttering minor tree curses as the color of the moon shifted to pink, then cyan, and then so brilliant white that it was basically daytime once again.


141.11 (Detective Ethan Redfield)

The sound of metal rattled overhead as Twilight rested against the wall in a Canterlot Dungeon. Her hoofs were strung up overhead and around her were her best friends and the two princesses in equally dire situations. Each of the Unicorn's horns were covered in a magic inhibiting material, as were the Alicorns' horns as well. Dash looked to her hoofs and asked in a mildly annoyed tone, "Remind me again how we got into this dark situation?"

Fluttershy looked away, "Well, that one was actually me. Last loop was a stealth loop, and Rarity ended up going to Iron Will's seminar. Through a bizarre turn of events, Rarity felt empowered through his seminar and accidentally turned herself into Nightmare Rarity. So this loop, I wanted a break from Iron Will. With Mac's suggestion, Iron Will presented his seminar to Canterlot instead...mostly...the nobles I think..."

Applejack asked the most pertinent question in a dry tone, "Since we're all loopin' here, how'd they get us again?"

Rarity answered, "I think they put sleeping droughts in our drinks at Celestia's party last night."

The doorway opened a second later. Two pony guards lead in a shouting Blueblood, "Get your hands off me, peasants! I started this revolution, I should be the one leading it!"

One of the Unicorn guards must have finally had enough, as Blueblood's head glowed orange for a second, and then his shouting ceased. After being chained up and once the guards had left again, Twilight allowed the Force to flow through her, and sensed he was not dead. "Sleeping spell. This sounds like the Prench Revolution. Might be best to escape before things get any worse out there. They might even start cutting off the oppositions' horns soon if we don't."

With that, all the chains opened (except Blueblood's, who they laid out on the dungeon floor after pulling out his chains from the wall) as eight ponies landed on the ground. Six ascended a second later. With one strike of her hoof, Applejack knocked the door off its hinges and issued the other ponies out. Celestia would go on to use this incident as means to put an end to the Nobility completely. Fluttershy, unfortunately, was tasked with handling Day Court for the loop as a small punishment for her part, but she accepted it humbly.


141.12 (Bliss Authority)

The four Planeswalkers made an odd quartet as they made their way across the unforgiving desert of the Salt Lick Road.

On the ground, one earth-pony mare with golden hair and a mane split between green, blonde and blue, in full barding of Bantian articulated plate, loosely holding a shining spear of white steel that glittered with inner sunlight in a forehoof, sitting upright mounted on a great and regal white lion - and debating the merits of Theros stoicism with that lion.

Next to them, likewise armed with a spear festooned with dragon bones and Zendikari octahedrons, was a purple unicorn with a streak of red and another of blue in her violet mane, clad in furs and scale mail made painstakingly of real dragonscale - shed from willing donors.

In the air above them, soaring on great leathery wings, was an ashen batpony with milk-white hair and eyes clad in black armor, who was sucking the juice from a mango with his fangs as he flew with great gusto.

Elspeth, Ajani, Twilight Sparkle, and Sorin Markov carefully made their way across the alkali sands towards the site of Ugin Spykoranvellutar's Nexus - when they saw a flash of blue.

The very air around them detonated in an explosion of rainbows and deafening thunder as Twilight was knocked to the ground, a hoof on her throat.

A wild, ululating cry sounded in the distance: an orcish shaman, shaking a rattle made of pony skulls and dragon-bone. Suddenly, unicorns, earth ponies, orcs and goblins on the ground surrounded the four of them; pegasi and griffons circled them in the air.

A pair of carmine-red eyes bored hatred into Twilight's own, fluttering rainbow hair above it, blue wings spread. "Sparkhan Twi," the pegasus snarled. "Welcome back to the Mardu. Do you like what I have done with the clan you abandoned?"

Twilight quickly consulted her loop memories. Her 'friend's' name in this reality was Rainbow Helmdasher, and - oh. "Great khan of the Mardu, old friend," Twilight said as best she could through the weight on her throat. "Nothing I can say can erase the pain of your allies dying in the fire. All I can say is that my draconic power, my Spark, was not yet Awake. My own parents were caught in the flames, great khan Rainbow Helmdasher. I had to leave so that my power wouldn't endanger the clan. To say it threw me for a Loop was an understatement."

Rainbow Helmdasher's ears twitched. She smirked, and it was a cruel smirk. "So you just left? To dally with the Surprai and their meaningless wisdom? The Apples and their reliance on shades, memories, and the children of the orcs they kill? Or perhaps you went to the Sultai seeking forbidden knowledge?" She laughed, bitterly, then snarled again. "Traitor!"

Oh root and branch, she wasn't Awake. This was not good.

"Nice army you've got there," Elspeth said, her voice cool and calm. "Shame if something were to happen to it."

"Lame-o is bluffing," one of the griffons shouted. "Just kill them, Dash."

"In a moment, Gilda Razorclaw. In a moment. To lead is to bleed, and this is the blood I would spill." Her red eyes never left Twilight's. "I must have words with the disloyal. You have returned in fire, traitor. I would see you leave as ASHES!"

"Have you ever seen the Wrath of God?" Ajani said. "A great explosion, a fireball of sunlight to blot out the sky? It isn't a pretty sight. It is not a spell to use lightly or without forethought. And three of us know how to cast it."

"Or perhaps more… targeted destruction," Sorin said, landing on two legs to properly gesture with his fetlocks. "A taste of conjured hemlock, perhaps? Or perhaps the dread Rite of the Serpent, practiced by naga cultists in the swampy jungles of the Sultai? Perhaps a blade of pure void that annihilates the first creature it touches would suit. "

"Ixnay on the oomday ladeblay, Sorin." Elspeth hissed. "Therosian, base and Khanate spells ONLY. I don't want to risk Eiken in the morning."

"I thought that Doom Blade had been patched," Sorin sighed. "It's such a fun one. I suppose it's for the best, given how black their hearts are; having them removed won't help."

Gilda landed before him to point a talon. "You dare insult the Mardu?"

Sorin buffed his hoof. "My dear, I have faced vampire lords, werewolves, rakshasa, and world-eating horrors. Why should I be frightened of a griffin with more beak than brain?"

Gilda spread her wings and reared up rampant. "You're going down, milk dud!"

They heard the sound then, like the clattering of bowling pins against a great swirling ball of dragonstorm. The earth-ponies, unicorns and orcs around them went down in a crashing concussive wave, almost all of them with enough time to react clutching a vulnerable point and falling with wordless screams.

"WHO DARES!?" bellowed Rainbow Helmdasher.

A familiar musical voice that squeaked like bubblegum sounded throughout the Salt Lick Road. "I am the terror that pronks in the night!" it said with glee.

Sorin just raised an eyebrow.

A blur of pink and saffron sent one earth-pony collapsing in a heap before it bounced high in the air and hung there for a second, framed by the sun. "I am that little bit of sand that gets stuck in your shoe before it becomes a pearl of wisdom!"

Twilight started laughing, before Helmdasher applied a little more pressure. The other planeswalkers just boggled.

Well, Elspeth and Ajani boggled. "Really?" Sorin said with a sigh, shaking his head and chuckling.

"I am the cloud that rains on your hit parade, the enlightened master of the Way of Fun championed by the Surprai!" the pink blur said, landing in a fetlock-stand before Gilda - and taking her down as she twirled in a spinning kick. She pronked again, landing in a perfect Horse Stance in front of Rainbow Helmdasher, her necklace of white, red, and blue pearls bouncing off her barrel. "I am PINKIE NARPAI!"

"YOU!" Helmdasher snarled, drawing and swinging a sword in a single blinding motion - only to have it knocked up and away with a perfectly executed high block. Dash drew her other sword, lifting the oppressive weight on Twilight's throat and leaving her gasping for breath, and thrust; Pinkie gave ground in a flip kick that battered the blade away from her vitals. "Surprai lotus eating navel-gazer! I have words for you as well! Mardu - deal with the four interlopers while I handle Narpai!"

With a wild scream, the Mardu that could charged at the planeswalkers.

Twilight slammed her hooves on the ground and channeled red-hot mana from beneath the mountains of Tarkir, calling forth goblins of her own to defend her; her allies did likewise. Ajani summoned his lionine kinfolk and Elspeth an angel - which looked suspiciously like an alicorn with an Avacyn bident - using power from sun-drenched plains. And where Sorin gestured with his sword, skeletons clawed their way out of the ground like bubbles from under a swamp.

Dash swung a forehoof at Pinkie in a single, bone-breaking punch. Pinkie smirked, and held up the frog of her own hoof - and channeled mana into it. Dash was thrown back by the force of her own punch, and Pinkie bounced over her - with a knife at her throat.

"Say it," Pinkie said. The Mardu hordes stopped to stare.

"Never," Dash hissed.

"Say it, or the Mardu die."

Sorin gathered up crackling void in his hooves to shape, just in case.

"Very well," Rainbow Helmdasher sighed. "Though it pains me, I must say -"

"HERE'S YOUR WELCOME TO TARKIR PARTY, TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" every single Mardu present - and Pinkie - yelled. Pinkie pulled a table set with an entire Quilinese banquet out of her pocket, and pulled a pair of chopsticks out of her mane. "YOU DONE GOT PRANKED, TWILIGHT SPARKLE!"

Twilight's jaw dropped, as did Elspeth's. Ajani facepawed, and Sorin sunk to his knees, clutching his head, laughing.

"Were you surprised, Twilight? Huh? Huh?" Pinkie said, bouncing in place. "One I knew Rainbow and Gilda were awake and she told me her loop memories we got an epic prank and party for you!"

"I am going to murder you in your sleep!" Twilight howled, though she was smiling.

Gilda was rolling on the ground laughing as Rainbow Helmda- Rainbow DASH offered her fetlock. Twilight took it and Rainbow Dash pulled her roughly up. "Oh, come on. The look on your face was priceless, come on. We set it up so that no one would get hurt and all the Mardu were in on the joke."

A goblin bounced and hooted. "We scare Twi Twi good! We scare Twi Twi and all Mardu laugh laugh laugh!"

"Welcome to the Equestrian Loops, kinda! Have some cupcakes!" Pinkie said, bouncing over to the Planeswalkers and handing each one a confection.

Elspeth bit into hers. "…This is Bant honey-cake," she said.

"And mine is filled with cherry syrup," Sorin remarked. "Amusing."

"I come prepared," Pinkie Pie said, her voice solemn.

(Courtesy of Set Designer FoME:

Rainbow Helmdasher
1RWB
Legendary Creature — Pegasus Warrior
Flying, haste
Rainbow Helmdasher attacks each combat if able.
Rainbow has indestructible as long as it's your turn.
Whenever Rainbow attacks, defending player may sacrifice a creature. If he or she does, put a +1/+1 counter on Rainbow and prevent all combat damage it would deal this turn.
4/2

Pinkie, Enlightened Jester 1URW
Legendary Creature — Horse Monk
First strike, hexproof
Whenever Pinkie, Enlightened Jester attacks, exile the top card of each player's library. Until end of turn, you may cast noncreature, cards exiled with Pinkie this turn without paying their mana costs. (Permanent spells cast this way enter the battlefield under your control.)
"Within fun lies true wisdom. Plus, you know, it's fun!"
3/2)


141.13 (Gamerex27)

"You...want to learn martial arts?" Rainbow Dash asked, tilting her head.

"Yep!" Pinkie Pie said, doing some stretches to make sure she wouldn't strain herself. "I can't think of any new recipes at the moment, so I'm gonna try something different this Loop!"

"...Pinkie, you can't learn martial arts just for kicks. There's a serious commitment you have to take for this. Years of training, and centuries of practice to make sure the muscle memory sticks in between Loops?"

"C'mooooon," she whined, "we're in a time Loop! We've got forever and ever to do whatever we want! And it looks like a lot of fun!"

"...alright, then," Rainbow Dash said, smirking suddenly. "Just remember: you asked for this. We'll start tomorrow."


She was having the most wonderful dream: she had baked a cake as big as Equestria, with an oven the size of the Moon. It wasn't easy: she had used the most exotic ingredients, from Saddle Arabian cane sugar to golden egg yolks to love-crystalized, solid love taken from her own heart, that is. She put down the icing tube, satisfied of the murals of her friends partying, playing pranks on baddies, and beating up that nasty, mean, awful Naok-uh, the Fiend that they had fought in recent memory.

Slowly, and with great pomp and circumstance, she cut a piece of the cake no bigger than her hoof: everypony knew the first slice was the best, after all. She brought it up to her mouth, and-

"WAKE UP, YOU SLACKER! FIVE LAPS AROUND PONYVILLE, NOW!"

Pinkie jumped at least twenty feet in the air in surprise, leaping right out of her dream and back into the real world, just short of smacking her head on the ceiling.

"Hey, Dashie..." she muttered, a bit groggily, " it's a bit early for-"

"No buts!" her new sensei shouted. "Now, get going, unless you want to run ten instead! And no using toon physics, that's cheating!"


"She's been running for hours, and you haven't let her stop," Zecora commented as Pinkie Pie galloped towards them, panting heavily. "Isn't this a bit over the top?"

"It's not the exercise," Dash noted, "it's the discipline. Pretty much every martial art I know has some kinds of trials you need to do to learn the cool stuff-endurance tests like this, for instance. Annnnd that's the last lap," she finished as Pinkie stopped in front of them, before promptly collapsing into a boneless Pinkie Pie-shaped puddle of flesh.

"So...tired," she said, as she shakily rose to her hooves. "Need...glucose...or...maybe...a...sugary...drink..."

"Okay, you get a ten minute break to eat," Rainbow Dash told her, ignoring the gasp of shock, "and then we start with the 'the floor is lava' test. No ascending to fly out unless you're really going to fall in, and yes, it's real lava."

"But won't the heat of being near it boil her alive?" Zecora asked, as she removed a stamina potion from her Pocket and hoofed it over to the distressed Element of Laughter. "The convection alone will cause her coat to get skived."

"I...just...wanted to...learn how to buck bread into shape!" Pinkie panted before she chugged down Zecora's brew, wincing at the bitter taste. "I wanted to hit dough and say 'you are already bread' to cook faster!"

"You wanted to-" Rainbow Dash facehoofed. "Wanting to make a pun is a really bad reason to subject yourself to this. Are you sure you don't want to stop?"

"I...need something to do!" Pinkie Pie told her. "There's always a shortage of sugar this month, and I ran out of the supply in my Pocket, so I need something new to do, or else I'll get boooooored!"

"Alright, then," Dashie said, shrugging. "Since you're my friend and all, I'll grab some hot coals instead of real lava. Not really traditional, but learning balance is better when you only risk second degree burns rather than fifth or so."


141.14 (Filraen)

It was the first morning of a new Loop and a currently human Twilight Sparkle was making breakfast for her guests. She, along with Celestia and Scootaloo had Awoke the previous day in this seaside cabin and since it was getting pretty late by the time of their Awakening they decided to stay the night at the cabin, which according to their loop memories was Twilight's anyway.

'Let's see, lettuce and tomatoes should be...' Twilight stopped herself at hearing someone coming from the bedrooms.

"Good morning," the usually-a-pegasus yawned to nobody in particular.

"Good morning Scootaloo" Twilight greeted back. "There's milk and coffee ready if you want some."

"Please." Scootaloo poured herself a cup and started drinking.

Halfway through her cup Scootaloo could feel herself a bit more awake "Oh, that's better. New loop, here--!"

"Shut up!" Twilight's quickly hushed Scootaloo. "You'll ruin the surprise for Celestia if you shout that loud!"

"For Pr- Celestia? Are you cooking something for breakfast?" Scootaloo asked a bit curious.

"Not really." At Scootaloo's confused look Twilight elaborated, "she raises the sun everyday back in Equestria. How often do you think she can just sleep in?"

"Point."


141.15 (Leviticus Wilkes)

The muffins, hot and fresh from the oven, looked delicious. Ditzy smiled and gently took one between her hooves, and brought it to her mouth.

"Waitwaiteaitwaitwait!" The muffin shouted. Derpy blinked and stared at the muffin.

"Oh... My... Cylinders! I BAKED A TALKING MUFFIN!"

The muffin, perhaps thrown by the use of cylinders, shook it's body in an approximation of a shaken head. "Neigh young ma'am, you have not baked a talking muffin. You have baked the brilliant, the beautiful, the dazzling, the one-of-a-kind! You have baked... THE KAMINA MUFFIN!"

In the background, an Explosion wrecked Twilight's library, proceeded to climb out of the library, and argue with Discord over who had hit whom while driving.

The muffin turned magnanimously. "Kamina cake, if you prefer."

A second, smaller Explosion proceeded to wreck the town hall, exit the two hall, and argue with Discord and the Explosion over why their hot-tub and library tree were out in the middle of the road.

Bright Eyes squeezed her cheeks together and squealed.


141.16 (Detective Ethan Redfield)

Thousands of ponies stood in the fields surrounding Ponyville. All of them were arrayed towards Sugarcube Corner, wearing various bright and pink robes of all different shades. All had balloons of different kinds, some carried them on string, others wore them on their heads or around their necks. Among the most prominent members, patches of their fur had turned bubblegum pink or their manes had portions that were poofy and wild.

Sugarcube Corner itself was different from most loops. It was more like a cathedral, with a massive balcony that could be seen for miles, even in Canterlot. Upon the platform, there stood 6 ponies. One lowered her hoof, revealing a poofy haired Celestia who shouted, "My little ponies, I bring you great news from our glorious goddess. She longs to address you before beginning her yearly Super Ultra Mega Deluxe Party! However, she is rewarding her personal student with a gift that takes time and preparation to complete. Before she addresses you, I present to you the Chosen of Laughter!"

Hoofs stomped as the entire countryside shook. Four of the cloaked ponies stepped forward, and as one they lowered their robes, revealing Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity and Dash, all bearing the same bubblegum mane and pink coat. In addition, they wore their Elements of Laughter. Their hairstyles remained the same though. One by one, they addressed the gathered ponies. Fluttershy impressed on them the importance of Kind Laughter, where you build each other's jokes up and help them improve. Rarity spoke on the nature of Generous laughter, that pony kind must all go out of their way, giving freely in your quest to bring joy back to a sad pony's life once again.

Applejack lectured on honest laughter, the importance of being willing to tell the truth about a joke in the hopes that they might improve themselves. Finally, Rainbow Dash preached on Loyal Laughter, that even when a friend continues to make bad jokes, you must stand by them, that one day their jokes will be funny if you keep trying.

With that, the four ponies stepped back. Celestia took the stage again. "Thank you, Chosen. Now before the Pink One addresses you, I would like to welcome back into the fold my Sister, Luna, who has returned to her position as High Priestess of the Pink alongside me. She will be taking up her duties once again and will receive visitors during the Night Vigil. I will, as always, oversee the Day Ceremonies."

The fifth pony stepped forward and lowered her hood. The only difference with this Luna and baseline was her mane and coat had a streak of pink running through them. Almost as quickly as she stepped forward, she raised her hood and stepped back. Celestia looked back to the entrance to Sugarcube Corner, where the door was slightly ajar. Taking her cue from the pony within, Celestia nodded, "Now I may present you with the Warp Goddess of Celebration and Laughter, Pinkie Pie!"

Once again, hooves beat the Earth as one pony in a cloak stepped forward, following a leaping Pinkie Pie, who seemed ecstatic for some reason. "My super duper awesome ponies, I have the bestest news of all time! Today, I have decided on my final Chosen to join the ranks of her fellow chosen and bear the element of Magical Laughter."

Pinkie pulled out a necklace bearing a starburst. The cloaked pony lowered her hood, revealing an annoyed Twilight Sparkle, bearing the same bubblegum mane and pink coat of the other chosen. Pinkie quickly placed the element over her neck, then turned to the crowd and shouted in the Royal Canterlot Voice, "PONYVILLE! THE SLEEPER, HAS AWAKENED!"

Twilight could only facehoof. Sure, she had done this during each of her Chosen's inductions from her in loop memories, but it was still cheesy no matter how you looked at it.


141.17 (Detective Ethan Redfield)

Twilight looked between the bird glaring at Twilight, and the brothers that had replaced Flim and Flam this loop, "Pinkie's already done this."

The two looked affronted. "Please, we beat Pinkie at her own game."

The right one continued, "Too true, we bet Pinkie never tricked Tirek into eating one of our newest variations of canary pastries."

"Though you might want to lock it up and prevent your other friends from attacking it."

"It's a cucco after all."

Twilight's eyes widened in growing horror. "Wait...that...is a cucco?"

The two looked excited, "Oh yes! We've been working on upgrading our temporary cucco cream into a permanent one, and we made a breakthrough last loop."

"Wanted to test it on the baddest of the bad here before giving it to You-Know-Poo."

"Like we said though, as long as no one attacks him, there won't be a problem."

A shout echoed from above, "Look out below!"

Rainbow Dash came out of nowhere, completely out of control as she slammed the bird into the nearest house, through it and then through the next two buildings. As what sounded like a rooster echoed across Ponyville, Twilight suddenly found herself lifted in Fred's Magical aura while Dash was is George's. The two blazed through Ponyville, screaming. "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES," as cuccos started descending upon the town.


141.18 (Drachefly)

Shining Armor woke, and in the exchange of pings, caught three others. Is she one of them? His nervousness dissipated as Cadence teleported in. Yes!

She declared, for the benefit of the other officers, "A moment, captain?"

"Certainly, princess."

They withdrew. Through long experience they'd found this was too early to do any more than talk without lasting consequences.

He asked, "How many loops since we met last, for you?"

"One between. You?"

"One, and it... well, we've had some awkward moments in our time, but Rarity and Spike had an awful one."

Her eyes sparkled in anticipation. "Late awakening?"

"Right. So, Rarity was awake from the start as Sweetie Belle. She managed to get unawake Spike's attention, and they got married."

"Then..."

"Spike woke up. As Snails, of all ponies."

"Okay. Go on -- that doesn't quite compare to our convolutions, yet."

"Right. So, Rarity set about getting her unawake self to finally return his undiminished affections. Just when it was working, Sweetie Belle woke up as Rarity."

"So did you have Rarity as her sister asking her sister as her to keep stealing her husband so she could be with her husband? That's counts as fairly weird by our scale. On par with you-as-Chrysalis and me-as-you."

Shining Armor nodded and went on. "The three of them took a while to decide what to do. They were secretly meeting so often that Snips got jealous of Snails' attention. He disguised himself as Spike to gather information. It. Was. Terrible. In the end, he was so pathetic they explained the loops and swore him to secrecy."

"That's pretty awkward."

"Especially since unawake Spike was listening in."

Cadence blinked. "I... I think we've only topped that once. So what did they do?"

"Didn't matter. He ran away, somehow found his way through the mirror, and settled in as Rarity and Sweetie Belle's dog."

She winced. "Okay, invoking the P-chan gambit wins."

"No. See, I had woken up as Sunset Shimmer. The awkward moment was after I'd confronted him, and he'd finished explaining, and they too had overheard."

Cadence was stunned, trying to imagine the situation. Their time to talk without creating a disturbance ran out, so Shining Armor bowed and backed away.


141.19 (DrTempo)

"HOORAH! Nice work, everypony."

Another day for the Royal Guard, and another Loop. Shining Armor thought to himself. It was a while after the Changeling attack, and the Guard had just defeated a remnant force. While his men celebrated, he saw a new recruit sitting down, removing her helmet. She had a frown on her face, like something was bothering her. Trotting over to her, he inquired, "Are you all right, Private Shimmer?"

The unicorn nodded. "Yeah. I was just thinking of something." Shining smiled, replying with, "I know you're Awake, Sunset. What's bothering you?" Sunset started crying.

"It's just...Compared to nearly every other Looper from here, I spent my first few several Loops in battles. I guess it changed me. Sometimes, I remember those I saw killed, and those I had no choice but to hurt badly..or even kill. One life for a thousand..." Sunset then sighed. "I guess I suffered a little shell shock. I think I might've first noticed it during my Loop with those Titans smashing everyone...It was so...dreary. I had to take down monsters who were simply poor souls who had become monsters. Even then...I didn't like it."

Taking a breath, she continued, "I felt at times that I had lost my way, but I remembered what Equestria is all about. I knew, no matter what, that to protect what one cherishes most, you have to fight. You guys have always strived not to fight unless needed, but I feel like I'm more violent."

Shining nodded. "I've known that for millennia. I get what you mean, though. It seems that you've never let the desire for battle cloud your morals. And Rarity did mention you had said something like this to her a while back."

Sunset nodded, sniffing. "I know. But I can still see those I had to hurt. I sometimes enjoy fighting."

Shining laughed. "It's all right. You want to test yourself. I understand that, too. Besides, with all the places you've ended up, I'm sure you would never forgive yourself if you just stood by and did nothing. Never lose sight of who you are."

Sunset smiled; she seemed to feel a little better. "You're right. Life is precious. I just have to remember the values I cherish, and I'll never become a monster." Grabbing her helmet, she then said, "Let's get back to work, sir!"

Shining nodded, thinking, I know you've been through a lot, Sunset, and your early Loops weren't exactly peaceful. But you've never lost sight of your morals.

Had I been in your shoes, I would be the same. I hope.


141.20 (Evilhumour)

Big Mac blinked as he was presented with a very unusual sight from behind his bar. It seemed that they were in a fused loop with Warhammer again with the Adeptus Astartes pouring in, although the fact they were grinning and not firing on him meant something was up.

As they began to crowd the bar, one of them walked to him and smiled weakly. He recognized him as Bjorn faintly, rare as it was that he saw the looper as a human and not in his Dreadnought.

"Sorry Ser MacIntosh," the man chuckled weakly as he looked around. "Leman and I accidentally let it slip we've found something stronger the Fenrisian Ale and we're forced to share." He gave a backwards nod of his head towards the slightly uncomfortable Space Marines. "Is Lady Punch Awake?"

"Yes, I'm here," the mare smiled, walking out from the back with the Space Wolves shouting in joy at the prodigal alcohol maker's presence. "Let's see if I have anything that you boys can handle!" She grinned at the mock calls and eager took on their Primarch who was grinning from ear to ear.

They all later had the rare privilege of watching Leman Russ being drunk under the table by a talking, colourful pony who was only slightly buzzed by that point.


141.21 (Evilhumour)

Leman Russ place a hand to his face and slowly counted back from five.

My son, do you have any-

"No Father, I do not know how she replaced Khorne, nor do I want to know."


"MUFFINS FOR THE MUFFIN THRONE!"

Author's Note:

141.1: Oh, dear. The one thing worse than the Talk - finding it's too late to give it.
141.2: Not this again. It's beating... uh, never mind.
141.3: As we know, it's not.
143.4: Rule 63 collorary one: everyone you know wants to see you under rule 63.
141.5: Dis Gaea is kind of a cool bloke to get to know.
141.6: collorary two: And they want more pictures.
141.7: Leman cannot drive.
141.8: One does have to wonder if he's playing up the childhood thing as a rest from his grim loop.
141.9: Ah, this one's the Dead Peewee Sketch. (Also note anchor Tibbers.)
141.10: Inverted controls.
141.11: The Revolution Will Not Be Bona Fide.
141.12: Cardponies the third!
141.13: Because of course Dash has unreasonably high standards.
141.14: Getting up after the sun's already risen not really an option for Celestia.
141.15: Pick a name and stick with it, please.
141.16: Pinkie Priest.
141.17: Fear the twins. Or, rather, fear what they've done by mistkae this time.
141.18: Trek, I believe.
141.19: Better to want redemption than to not want it.
141.20: Space Drunkies.
141.21: Oh.

PreviousChapters Next