• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 928 Views, 16 Comments

Painful Memories - Wayofthepen



A pony wakes up with amnesia, but as his memories slowly creep back, the more disturbing they get...

  • ...
 16
 928

Chapter 5: Saving Lives

Tears formed beneath his eyes. "Your...Your dead though..." She walked closer to him, light illuminating the night. "I know I am, but that's just it...We were never supposed to die." Travus put his wings around him, feeling the softness of his feathers. He wiped his tears with one of them and turned back to her. "You weren't supposed to die?" She nodded to him. "You see, you changed history inside your memory. By using your brain, you devised a plan that saved Ven and Grazer. They were originally going to come with me until they disappeared to the land of the living." Travus stroked his hand through his hair, which was unkempt. "Elena, are you telling me that I...Can change history?" She nodded once more. "I don't get it. Do you all have wings?" She looked towards the sky. He followed her gaze to see the glorious moon of princess Luna. "We have white wings, as all the dead have wings. Yet here you are, with yours. Not only that, but they are black." She said turning back to him. "Can I ask you something...?" She came even closer to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. He looked down to his feet, then back into her red eyes. "What is it like to die?" She looked shocked at this, but regained her smile. "It hurts at first, but the pain goes away quickly." He stood there, staring into her eyes for what seemed like hours. He wrapped his arms around her and started to cry openly. She embraced his hug and let tears stream from her eyes as well. "I'm so sorry...I should have done something to save you..." Travus said, trying to speak clearly since crying was taking a lot out of him. She hushed him. "You were wounded and couldn't even save yourself, it's not your fault...Hmm?" A crunch on the snow made them both turn. "Elena, you can speak to him later. Wings? Is he...?" She shook her head no. "Strange. Come on, he needs to return amongst the living. They already are worried since he hasn't responded." A light appeared behind the man, which Elena started walking towards. "Remember, Travus. Your friends are there to help you, and they always will be." She called to him before stepping into the light, having it close behind her. He was alone inside the snowy clearing, tears still streaming from his eyes. He let out a sigh. "Time to wake up..." He said to himself as reality collapsed over vision.

- - - - - -

When he woke up, his eyes were closed and his body felt weak. He couldn't move any part of his body, but he could still hear. "I just felt his pulse, Twilight. He's gone." Eric choked on the last words. His body had regained some strength, at least enough for him to open his eyes and speak. "Should have asked her...If she wanted me to say...Hi..." Travus said weakly, scaring both of the unicorns. "What?! You're alive! Who is 'her'?" Eric said to him. Travus shook his head slowly, indicating that he was too weak to speak. "Alright. Let's give him time to rest..." Eric said as the two left the pegasus. He closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep. "You saved us...I don't know if this will reach you, Trav, but I wanted to thank you. From Graze and I." Travus gained a smile. They are alive...How do I stop everyone from dying? He thought as he slowly drifted back to the snowy field.

He was flying above when he saw Ven and Grazer talking to each other. When he landed next to them, they both nearly had heart attacks. "Trav? Where are we?" Ven asked him looking around. "I don't know. I heard what you said, and you're welcome." Ven looked at him awkwardly, and then realized what he meant. "How did you hear that? I said that outside of our home world." Travus shrugged. "I came here to tell you two something important. Are you ready to hear it?" Ven and Grazer nodded impatiently. "I'm going to save everyone. If I could save you two, I can save Elena and those others." Ven was about to say something when Travus brought up his hand. "Don't ask. You will see in your memories." Travus gave him a smile as he left the two in the strange dream world.

- - - - - -

He forced himself to remember where Elena died. He was still fighting the guards in the main room while Ven and Grazer escaped. He had just killed all the guards when Elena ran up to him with three more patients. "Run! They're coming!" Travus grabbed her and shoved her towards the portal room. "Go, Elena! Now!" He shouted as she started running. He walked slowly to the hole in the wall and closed his eyes. "It's him!" A guard shouted. He put his arms in the air to block them from going. He gained a smile and opened his eyes as he turned to Elena, who was watching him from the portal. "If you want them, you gotta get through me first!" He shouted turning back to the last of the guards. Each one started pulling the trigger on their rifles, sending bullets flying through Travus. He was overtaken by pain as he fell to his knees. "I got...One last trick..." He said as he pulled out a small trigger. He pressed the button and an explosion crushed the room the guards were in. "Travus!" Dash called to him as he fell backwards. He turned his gaze towards the portal room to find her flying to grab him. Right as she reached him he blacked out.

- - - - - -

He opened his eyes to the snowy field. "Travus...You would have given your life to save your friends?" A voice called to him as he was immobilized on the ground. "Yes, and I would do it again to know that they are safe..." Suddenly, he was whisked to his feet and turned to the direction of the voice. A hooded figure stood there with white wings much larger than his own. "Then you have finally figured out what I wanted for you, my son." The man took his hood off to reveal a man with brown hair, light blue eyes, and a smile. "D-Dad? You're dead too?" He shook his head. "I am, but you aren't. Do you remember this field?" He asked his son. Travus looked around and noticed small mark in the snow, big enough to fit a filly or colt. "This is where I was found. Why am I here?" His dad walked over to him and hugged him, tears forming at his eyes. "Because I was there with you the entire time. I have always been. Now it is time for you to go back." Travus was about to protest when light consumed him.

- - - - - -

He felt pain overtake his body, causing him to jolt to an upright position. He was back in the hospital with even more wounds than before. A nurse rushed to his side and laid him back down, giving him something to dull the pain. Eric and another pony rushed inside the room. "The doctor says he might not know who we are, so don't get too excited Elena." Travus gave them a painful smile. "Well...You were right, Elena...It hurts at first, but it...Get's better..." He said, making her smile. "Get some rest. They still have to work on you since you were shot so many times." Eric looked from Elena to Travus. "Someone explain to me what's going on?" Travus laughed at him. "You'll figure it out..." He said as the nurse gave him sedatives. As he drifted to sleep, he thought about all of his friends. My friends are always there for me, and I finally repaid the favor...

Comments ( 4 )

400950 Yeah, happens when ideas decide to go dead. I work with others now, so I usually can go into detail and take it slow... Usually...

this is a good story. have moustaches
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

442817 I will admit, when I wrote this I might have made it a little too confusing, but I currently have too many projects to go back and fix anything. Sorry bout that.

This is a good base for a story but needs a lot more to it if the story was longer and went through the scenes slower it would make for an excellent read but this seemed like a midnight snack compared to other stories
5/10 pinkie pies :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment