• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 928 Views, 16 Comments

Painful Memories - Wayofthepen



A pony wakes up with amnesia, but as his memories slowly creep back, the more disturbing they get...

  • ...
 16
 928

Prologue: Wakeup Call

"Run! They're coming!" He ran towards the gate. "Come on, you can make it!" His feet moved faster than ever before. "Take cover! You're almost here!" He stopped, falling to the ground. Outstretching his arms, he began to crawl to the closing gate. "You, go through the portal. I can get him through." The blur nodded to the other, as the second closed in on him. He felt tired, so very tired. So...Tired...Must sleep... He shut his eyes as he felt himself lifted into the air.

- - - - - - - -

"Ahhh!" He sprung to an upright position in his bed. Where am I? Who am I? He noticed he only had one eye free to look around his surroundings. "Doctor, he's awake!" Suddenly, a nurse rushed onto the scene. "Don't move, you were hurt pretty bad." He just looked at her, shaking in fear. What...What happened to me? He looked down at his body, to see two holes in what he assumed was his chest. "Why...Why is my head bandaged? More importantly, who am I?" The nurse looked at him, and called for the doctor again. Another blur appeared through what looked like a door and closed in on him. The doctor smiled upon seeing the patient awake. "Answer the question." Both the nurse and doctor were surprised to see him talking. "You took some nasty hits to your body and head. You're lucky our town hero made it through to..." The nurse shushed him. "What? Through to where? What aren't you telling me?!?" He was screaming, which caused a pain in his head. The blurs around him darkened and sounded much more distant.

- - - - Doctor - - - -

"He's out again...He has no idea who he is, or where he is from. Tell her he is recovering, but slowly. She might cause too many memories to be brought back, so keep her away." The nurse nodded to his orders. "You know her, she won't like it." The doctor walked to the window and closed it. "She has to understand he isn't ready...She was there too much, it could cause a problem with his recovery." The nurse nodded again. "What was his name? Surely she told you." The doctor looked back to the nurse, thinking. "She didn't tell me. She does know it though. We need to find out how she knew about him and where he was in that world. As far as I can see, he wasn't tested on like his friend. When he recovers, we shall question him." The nurse once more nodded, shifting her head over to the patient. "How often do amnesia victims recover?" The doctor trotted over to him, and looked towards the nurse. "Not often. Maybe he's an exception..."

- - - - - - - -

"How did you get here?" A voice called out to him. "I woke up here. They told me to go in here, room transfer or something. Eric, something isn't right here." Eric shrugged and laid back in the bed. "Just relax. I got rammed by some car and nearly died. They took me here, and it's been peaceful. Something is wrong though. Those other kids aren't showing any...Well, emotions. Kinda like you." At first, the two laughed, but it was short lived. "No emotions? That's not right." A noise from a vent caused him to get down on his hands and knees. "Did you hear that?" Eric shook his head. Crawling closer, he thought he heard someone say "Whoa, that's new.". He shrugged and found a bed with his name on it. After laying down, something inside him yelled. It's a rouse. Don't believe them. He shrugged these thoughts off, and drifted to sleep.

He heard someone step inside and opened his eyes. He laid still, to ensure that he wasn't discovered as awake. "Hold him down. This will hurt." Two nurses held down Eric as the doctor shoved a needle into his arm. Eric's mouth was covered, but he was screaming. Slowly, Eric fell back down in his bed. The doctor refilled his needle and moved over to him. "This one is asleep already. No need to hold him." Big mistake, jerkoff. As the doctor prepared the needle, the patient reached for his arm. He twisted the doctors arm and grabbed the needle, and proceeded to slam it into his neck. "How do you like it!?" He shouted before running out into the halls. This isn't a hospital, it's a nightmare! He thought as he began running randomly. He heard the sound of footsteps behind him and turned around. "Come on kid, solitary for you." He looked around, not seeing many options now that he backed into a corner. The guard walked over to him, holding a fake smile. Before he could react, the guard had tazed him. God, save me from this place! Was all he could think before slamming onto the concrete floor.

- - - - - - - -

When he awoke, he was in a room with nothing but a small vent hole. He heard some noises from inside, and crawled to it. "Hello?" No answer. "Just my luck...I get kidnapped and now I am alone...This is just too much for a teen to handle..." He was thinking aloud, and started crying. "You're not alone." He was startled as he looked back to the vent, still seeing nothing. "W-Who's there?" A small chuckle from the vent. So I am not insane...Good. "I can't talk now, but I will be back. Try to stay in these types of rooms. Shouldn't be too hard after your performance earlier." He looked at the vent closely, trying to see who was talking to him. It sounded like a female, but all the patients were too drugged to move. "Where are you going?" The voice didn't respond too quickly. "I have to tell my friends what I found here. I'll be back, just try to stay the way you are...Those others seem...Off." He nodded to the voice, and sat back. At least...At least I won't have to be alone through this...