• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 6,232 Views, 117 Comments

Bubbles - Multi Personas



WARNING: ANTHRO PONIES. On one night, when you have trouble sleeping, you decide to go for a walk. Though maybe that wasn't your best choice.

  • ...
12
 117
 6,232

Chapter 9

Bubbles

An anthropomorphic MLP fan fiction
The bell above the door rang when you opened the door, making Mrs. Cake look up from the newspaper she was reading.
“Did you get what you needed to get?” she asks as you make your way to the counter.
“Yeah, sorry I took so long. I somehow managed to get roped into carrying Vinyl's groceries to her house.”
“It's alright. I have a favor to ask actually,” Mrs. Cake says, putting sown her newspaper.
“Sure, what is it?”
“Could you possibly install those new wires for the computer?” she asks.
“Of course.”
“Thank you, Mr. Cake should be upstairs in the computer room,” she says as she goes back to her newspaper.
“Alright,” you say and you make your way to the stairs and ascend them. You find Mr. Cake in the computer room looking at the insides of the computer. You make your presence with a knock on the door.
“Huh? Oh! There you are,” Mr. Cake said and stood.
“Yeah, I heard that you needed some help?” you ask.
“Yes, I need some help installing the wires, if you wouldn't mind.”
“Of course not, were are wires?” you ask. Mr. Cake digs them out of his pocket and hands them to you along with a flashlight. With all the needed equipment you get to work. It didn't take long and after you pop the covering back on and plug it back in. You press the power button. “There we go,” you say as the computer turns on and the monitor flickers to life.
“Ha ha! Thank you! I have no idea what I would do without you,” Mr. Cake says as he claps you on the back.
“Probably spend a few bucks on having someone repair it for you,” you say.
“Bucks?” Mr. Cake asks, looking at you with slight confusion.
“Er, bits, sorry,” you say with a short laugh. Then you high tail it out of there before it can get anymore awkward. At least you tried to.
“Hey!” Mr. Cake say just as you were about to leave. He takes out a small brown bag and tips out some gold coins. “For your help,” he said as he puts four bits in your hand. You thank him and leave. You go up the second set of stairs and find Pinkie playing with Gummy, who was dressed quite dapper in a small suit.
“Hey Pinkie,” you greet her as you make your way to your air mattress.
“Hey! What do you think of Gummy?” Pinkie asks, holding him up so you could properly see him.
“He looks quite dapper. All he needs is a small cane and monocle and he could get into any ball. With or without invitation,” you say with a smile.
“You know what? I think you are right,” Pinkie said as she held him up in front of herself, eying him. “Wait a minute!” Pinkie exclaimed in realization. “I do have a small cane and monocle!” she said before reaching under her bed and pulling out a chest. She flipped open the lid and dug around in it. It wasn't that deep but Pinkie's top half seemed to disappear as dug around, getting in deeper and deeper. You were about to call for help but Pinkie suddenly righted with a small cane and monocle in hand. “Ah ha! Found them!” she happily exclaimed before closing the lid and sliding up under her bed once more. She then turned to Gummy and put the monocle on him and stood him up so it looked like he was using the cane to be held up like a normal person would. “What do you think?” Pinkie asked you.
“He looks so sharp that he could pop a balloon,” you say as you pick up your headphones and set them on your neck. Pinkie giggles at your poor excuse for a joke.
“You're right, he could!” Pinkie said as she scooped him up and set him on her head. She then raced down the stairs and out of sight. You can't help but smile as you plug your headphones into your MP3 player. You turn it on but when you see the battery percentage you turn it back off. You'll need to pick up a charger. You put it in your pocket and head downstairs to the ground floor and walk up to Mrs. Cake who was still at the counter reading her newspaper.
“Hey Mrs. Cake?” you ask to get her attention.
“Yes?” she asks, looking up from her newspaper.
“Is it alright if I go for a walk?”
“Of course dear, oh and thank you for fixing the computer,” she said with a smile.
“It was nothing, I should be back in about an hour or two,” you say as you walk to the door.
“Alright dear, have fun!” she calls after you. You hold the door open for a purple mare and brown stallion, you give Mrs. Cake one last wave before stepping out into the street. You walk to Vinyl's store but it is still closed.
“Fifteen minutes my ass” you think to yourself. With nothing else to do you do the next thing that was on your to do list. Walk around randomly.
It doesn't take long for you to spot someone else you recognize. You spot the mare with the gray fur and blonde mane, Derpy if you remember correctly. She had what you assume is the post office mail mare's outfit on; a tan colored hat, tan button up t-shirt with, what you assume is, the Ponyville Post Office patch on the left breast pocket, tan shorts that came up a little past her knees showing a band-aid on her right knee, and sneakers, the laces tied this time. She also had four mail bags with her and she looked like she was struggling a little bit so being the nice guy you are, you walk across the road to her.
“Hey Derpy!” you call out.
“Huh?” she started to look around, she smiled when she saw me waving my hand and she waved back. “Hello!”
“Hey Derpy,” you say as you stand in front of her. “How are you today?”
“I'm doing pretty good, how are you?”
“I'm pretty good, do you usually carry that much?” you say pointing to her bags.
“Huh? Oh! No, a couple of other mail ponies called in sick today so I took their routes,” she said with a smile.
“You look like you're struggling, do you need some help?”
“Nah, I got.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yup!” Derpy said with a big smile and swung the bags onto her shoulders to prove her point. Her point would have been proven if the bags didn't weigh her down too much and make her fall backwards when she swung them on. “AHH!” she screamed as she fell, but with your quick reflexes, and since you had a feeling this would happen, you catch her before she hit the ground and right her. “Ok, maybe I could use some help,” Derpy said with a sheepish grin. With a smile you take three bags and swing them over you shoulders, and damn were they heavy. But of course you don't show or say this, your inner man won't allow it.
“That better?” you ask.
“Yeah, thanks,” she said with a smile and together you both take off down the street.
“So when did you come to Ponyville?” you ask trying to make conversation.
“Me and my family came from Cloudsdale about ten years ago when my mom and dad had my little sister, Dinky,” she said. She stopped to put mail in one of the shops mailboxes. “I was ten when we moved.”
“Ten, huh? It had to be tough to move away from all of your friends.”
“Actually it wasn't that hard, we always wrote to each other. What about you, where did you live before here?” she asked.
“I lived in a town called Desoto. It was an alright place, when I was 16 I moved to the town next to it called Hillsboro. Hillsboro and Desoto are pretty different, Hillsboro being mostly country people and Desoto being a lot of people who thought they were better than everybody else,” you say. Derpy quickly puts mail in another shop's mailbox.
“Now when you say 'people' are they what you used to be?” Derpy asked.
“Well that's what they are called when a lot of them are in one place at once,” you say.
“Oh, so like when a lot of us are in one place we are referred to as ponies, right?” Derpy asked.
“Yeah. So, what's Cloudsdale like?”
“Oh it's very pretty, especially being so high up in the sky. The people are pretty fun to be around, though the little foals can be a bit mean, teasing and stuff,” she said with a small hint of sadness, but she covered it well. She stopped to give mail to a shop owner who was fixing his sign. “But, it simply is an amazing place.”
“It sounds nice,” you say. The rest of the route was spent in casual conversation. You turned onto a road that had houses lining each side of the road and started walking down it. “So is it fun being a mailmare?” you ask.
“Yeah, a lot of perks, like free postage, I don't get junk mail, and if I have a letter that I don't want anybody else to get to, I just hide it before anybody can see it,” she says as she puts mail in a mailbox. “It's the little things.”
“I bet,” you say with a chuckle. “I use to work at a post office, I sorted the mail, but one day, one of the senior mailmen took me out to show me how to deliver the mail and I have got to ask: How can you remember each route?” you say. Derpy giggled and stuck some mail in it's mailbox.
“It's easier than it looks,” Derpy said.
“Nah, I've tried, you have to be smart to remember a couple routes and the houses on it.”
“It's gets easier the longer you do it.”
“I don't know,” you say with a laugh. “It seems hard to me.”
Derpy laughed as she put mail in a mailbox. You looked ahead and saw Vinyl walking down the road towards you.
“Hey, Vinyl!” you say with a wave, Vinyl returns the wave and jogs to you.
“Yo, Mr. Alien, aren’t you just Mr. Helpful today, huh?” Vinyl asks when she sees the bags you are carrying.
“Actually I just can't turn down a favor when asked by a female. Or kids, once they pull out the puppy dog eyes, I do what they want and more. They want a juice box opened, I build them a tree house,” you say with a shrug.
“I think I’ll keep that in mind when I need my house cleaned,” Vinyl said with a laugh.
“Yeah alright,” you say with a laugh.
“I gotta get back to the shop, see you guys later,” Vinyl said as she started to walk away.
“Oh wait!” you say making her stop. “I need a phone and MP3 charger.” Vinyl starts to dig around in her pockets and produced two chargers and tossed them to you. You caught them and looked at Vinyl with an eyebrow raised. “So you always carry around chargers in your pocket?”
“Of course, for charger emergencies,” she says before walking away again. “See ya later!”
“Bye!” you and Derpy call after her. You and Derpy continued the route and by the time you were done you had only one bag left which Derpy carried and you carried the bag with the other bags stuffed inside.
“Hey, wanna get some lunch?” Derpy asks you.
“Sure I could eat,” you say and with that the two of you make your way to a park and you both sit on a bench and Derpy produces two big muffins from her pocket. You raise an eyebrow when she hands one to you. “For muffin emergencies?” you ask with an amused smile.
“Of course,” Derpy says before taking a big bite from her muffin. You take a bite of your muffin. Banana nut, one of your favorites.
“Does everybody just carry random stuff in their pockets for emergencies?” you ask taking another bite of your muffin. Derpy just shrugs. You both eat your muffins in silence, watching the world go around.
You finish yours before Derpy so you stand up and fetch your hacky sack from your pocket and start to hacky sack. You just juggle it between you feet but it manages to get away from your and towards Derpy, who had stood up. You expected Derpy to just catch it in her hands but she caught it with her foot and started to juggle it in between her feet.
She was pretty good, and it totally caught you off guard as to how well she could do it, at risk of sounding like and asshole, because of her eyes. But there she was, doing it, and pretty good at it too. She kicked it over too you and you kept it up in the air. You juggled it a couple times before kicking it back. You two lost track of the time and before you know it a whole hour has passed. You kicked it to Derpy but kicked it wrong and it was way off, making Derpy fetch it.
“Sorry about that Derpy,” you say as she comes back.
“It's fine. What time is it?” Derpy asks as she started to juggle the hacky sack between her feet. You take out your phone and turn it on.
“It is 2:30,” you say.
“What?! Shoot! We have to get going!” Derpy exclaimed as she tossed the bag you were carrying and your hacky sack and the two of you took off. You both managed to get Derpy's route done pretty fast and Derpy dropped her bags off at the post office, and you decided to hang out with Derpy some more.
“Wanna hang out at my house?” Derpy asked. You thought about it. “I've got video games!” your decision was made.
“Hell to the yes,” you say and the two of you start for her house.

Author's Note:

And another chapter done. as always i would like to thank Flaming Reign for proofreading, if it wasn't for him/her, then this story would have so many mistakes including mistaking "coarse" for "course". That's just embarrassing. anyways, upvote, downvote, comment, or not. it's up to you.