• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 6,228 Views, 117 Comments

Bubbles - Multi Personas



WARNING: ANTHRO PONIES. On one night, when you have trouble sleeping, you decide to go for a walk. Though maybe that wasn't your best choice.

  • ...
12
 117
 6,228

Chapter 8

Bubbles

An Anthropomorphic MLP fan fiction
You slowly open your eyes, just to shut them quickly when the sunlight flooded your vision. You feel something laying on the side of your face and the first thing you think was that it was a cat. However, the Cake's don't own a cat, at least you don't think they do, and cats have fur. What was on your face didn't have fur. With one hand you grab the thing that had decided to lay on your face, and pluck it off. Opening your eyes you see it's the alligator from yesterday. You look at it and it looks back at you, both of you not blinking.
“You're awake!” you hear a familiar bubbly voice. “And you found Gummy!” You look over and see Pinkie, already dressed in day wear and an apron, walk up the stairs. You set the alligator named Gummy on the floor and turn over so you are sitting on the air mattress. You rub your eyes trying to wake yourself up more.
“Good morning, Pinkie,” you say through a yawn.
“Good morning,” she said cheerfully as she made her way to the balcony and threw open the door, letting in the sound of birds chirping and the sound of ponies going about their morning routine. You can hear a few “'Morning Pinkie!”'s and a reply from said mare. While Pinkie was on the balcony you look around for your headphones and MP3 player. You find your headphones, but not your MP3 player. You start to question this till you remember Vinyl had asked to borrow it and must have forgotten to give it back.
You get off your bed and the noise attracts Pinkie's attention. She made her way to her bed, picked up a towel and some cloths, and handed them to you. “Mr. Cake rounded up some of his old cloths so you can take a shower and change.”
“Oh yeah, I forgot to take a shower last night,” you think out loud.
“Well that's why I’m giving you these things, silly. You can take your shower now,” Pinkie said with a big smile.
“Right,” you say. You and Pinkie head downstairs, she continues down the second flight of stairs and you head to the bathroom. You place the cloths you were given on the toilet lid and start to disrobe. However, as you were disrobing, you came across a tattoo that you don't remember getting, right on your hip. It was a computer chip and a pair of needle nose pliers. Wondering were you got it, you remember something about what Twilight said, something about a Cutie Mark and it representing somebodies special talent. “I guess this is mine?” you think to yourself. “If it is, then I was going to school for the wrong thing.”
With the discovery of your Cutie Mark behind you, you step into the shower and proceed to wash yourself. You take this time to work on your tail. “Come on...” you think to yourself as you try to figure out how to move your tail. “Move dammit!” You lose yourself in trying to work your tail, and it takes a pounding on the bathroom door to snap you back to reality. The sudden noise takes you by surprise, making you stumble and almost fall, but you catch yourself in time. “Yeah?” you shout at the door.
“You've been in there for about an hour, are you ok dear?” you here Mrs. Cake call from the other side of the door.
“Oh, yeah I’m fine, I'm about to get out now,” you say as you turn off the water and get out. You dry off with the towel and dress in the cloths that have been provided for you, a blue long sleeve shirt and orange cargo shorts. You gather up your dirty cloths and exit the bathroom, where you run into Mr. Cake as he exits his room.
“Do the cloths fit alright?” he asks.
“Yes they fit pretty good, thank you,” you say.
“No problem, here let me take those dirty cloths,” he says as he take your dirty cloths from you. “I'll get them washed and give them back to you by tomorrow.”
“Alright, thanks,” you say.
“I believe breakfast is being served downstairs, why don't you go down and get something?” Mr. Cake suggests. You nod your head and head downstairs. The moment you reach the bottom floor, you smell a very delicious smell come from the kitchen so you make your way to it. You find Mrs. Cake feeding both Pumpkin and Pound baby food, while Pinkie was making pancakes, a big stack already on a plate.
“Hey, you're just in time,” Pinkie said as she placed another pancake on the stack, turned off the burner, and brought the plate to the table. The table was already set so you sat down next to Pinkie, Mr. Cake came through the door and sat next to Mrs. Cake.
“Well, dig in!” Mr. Cake announced as he speared a couple pancakes with his fork. Pinkie did the same, and as did you, grabbing three pancakes. Pinkie hands the syrup to you and you start to pour it over your pancakes. You cut a small triangle off the pancake and put in your mouth. It was the best pancake you have ever tasted. Once you got over how amazing it tasted, you managed to slowly chew and swallow the edible heaven.
You proceeded to roll up the rest of the pancake with your fork, spear the whole thing with it, and stuff it in your mouth. You normally have better manners than the ones you are showing now, but these pancakes are too good. You finish off the rest of your pancakes the same way you did the first. After you finish the last pancake you set your fork down and wipe you mouth with the napkin that has been provided. Everyone is giving you an amused look, including Pound and Pumpkin. You clear your throat.
“Those were some pretty good pancakes,” you simply say. This caused Pinkie to start laughing.
“So, what are you going to be do today?” Mrs. Cake asked you as she took a more appropriate bite of her pancakes.
“Um, well I was going to Vinyl's store to retrieve my MP3 player, other than that, nothing,” you say scratching your chin.
“Alright, do you need any help getting there?” Mrs. Cake asks.
“Nah, I think I’ll be fine. Though, what time does she open her shop?” you ask.
“On weekdays it's open from 10am to 7pm, and on weekends from noon to 5pm,” Pinkie answered happily.
You look up at the clock that was in the kitchen to check the time.
“It's almost ten, I’ll go now,” you say. They nod their heads and you make your way back up stairs, to Pinkie's room, so you could slip on your shoes. With your shoes on you head back downstairs and head outside. You are instantly blinded by the sun. You squint your eyes trying to help your eyes get adjusted to the suddenly brightness. Still squinting slightly you start off down the street to Vinyl's store.
On your way, nearly everyone gives you a wave or a nod of their head, and you return each and every one. You pass by a flower shop that had a few plants out in the open, you see Roseluck watering the plants. She had a tan shirt on with tan khakis and flip flops, and a bright yellow apron that was holding shears, garden gloves, a spade and other various small garden equipment. She spotted you looking at her and she just gave a smile and a wave. You wave back and she just went back to tending to the plants. Glad that she didn't stop you, you continue walking.
After a few minutes of walking you arrive at your destination. You open the door and again, there is nobody at the counter again. You ring the service bell and you hear Vinyl shout out “I'm back here,” so you take this as an invitation to walk behind the curtain. Behind the curtain you see a couple of doors that are closed save for one. You head to the open door and you see Vinyl sitting at a wooden desk, her feet kicked up. There was a speaker on the desk that was currently playing “The Ballad of Mona Lisa” by Panic! At The Disco from your MP3 Player.
“Oh, hey Mr. Alien, I'm sure you want your music back, huh?” she asks.
“Yeah, that's why I'm here,” you say as you take the chair in front of the desk. You bob your head to the song, enjoying the music.
“I got to say that you have some pretty good music from your world,” Vinyl says.
“Yeah, you like rap?” you ask.
“Yeah I like rap,” Vinyl says, nodding her head. You pick up your MP3 Player and go through your rap music. You select “Am I a Psycho” by Tech N9ne.
“Try some Tech N9ne,” you say, leaning back in your chair. Once the chorus plays, Vinyl raised an eyebrow, but she had a smirk on her face.
“Interesting song,” she says, “not a lot of ponies would rap about being a psycho.”
“Yeah well people make a lot of money for stuff like that,” you say, taking your MP3 Player once more.
“Hey I have to pick some stuff up in the market, wanna come with?” Vinyl asks.
“Sure,” you say. Vinyl unplugs your MP3 Player, and hands it to you. You both leave the room and Vinyl stops only to turn off the light. Before you both go outside, Vinyl stops again to put up a “Be back in 15 minutes” sign. Vinyl turns to you.
“Let's go.”
You both take off down the street to a very busy market square. You have yet to be to the market but it's pretty easy to navigate. You follow Vinyl though the crowd and to each of the stall she needs to go to, most of it food stalls. You arrive at Applejack's stall and Vinyl gets a couple bags of apples and you talk a little. After Applejack's stall, you kinda get the way money works in this world and how much one would expect to spent just picking up groceries. You notice that this world apparently has and extremely good economy. Another thing you notice is the time Vinyl takes to get this done is remarkable. She says she has almost everything she needs and you've been here for about five minutes.
You were passing a stall while carrying some of Vinyl's groceries, you're not sure how she managed to get you to do that, when you see something that from your world has entertained you for years, making you stop. Vinyl stops once she realizes you are no longer following her and she turns around to find you looking at a small rainbow crocheted ball that looked slightly worn out. Without a word you hand Vinyl the bag that you were carrying, who takes it with slight confusion, not taking your eyes off the small ball. You slowly pick it up and look up at the old stallion who was working the stand.
“May I?” you ask him.
“Y'all go right ahead,” the old stallion said with a smile.
“What's so great about a ball?” Vinyl asked with confusion.
“Ok, first off, it's not just a ball, it's called a hacky sack. I'm honestly surprised that you don't know what this is,” you say before throwing it up in the air. It came back down and once it got close to the ground you kicked it back up again with your right foot, the hacky sack came up to your chest, it fell again and you kicked it back up with the opposite foot. You continued to juggle the hacky sack with your feet, once you got a feel for it you started to do little tricks, such as doing a little twirl once it was in the air. You were in the zone.
Feeling you have kept this up long enough you kick the hacky sack so it went behind you, the using the heel of your foot you kicked it over you and caught it in your hand. While you were in the zone, you failed to notice the small crowd you had attracted. One you caught the hacky sack the crowd started to clap. The sudden attention made you turn a light scarlet color. With a sheepish smile you turned back to the old stallion and held out the hacky sack so you could give it back.
“Keep it, you obviously know how to use it,” the stallion said with a smile.
“Oh! Thanks,” you say with a short chuckle. You put your new hacky sack in your pocket and turn back to Vinyl, who hands you the bag you were carrying before.
“Where did you learn that?” Vinyl asked as you both started to leave.
“I got bored a lot when I was a kid, I often asked Momma Melody for something to do. She got fed up with me always asking so handed me my first hacky sack, taught me how to use it, and I was never bored again,” you say.
“Yeah? Sounds like fun, think you could teach me?” Vinyl asks.
“I could, just set up a time and a date, and I’ll see what's on my schedule,” you say. Vinyl smile in amusement, and the two of you continue to her house.
It took about fifteen but you eventually make it to Vinyl's house, and Vinyl guides you in and directs you to the kitchen, were you set the bag down on the table. You start to take stuff out and Vinyl tells you were to put stuff.
“Vinyl?” a voice called from somewhere in the house.
“In the kitchen!” Vinyl called back with her head in the fridge. You heard footsteps and a gray mare entered the kitchen. She had a long black mane, wearing what looked like a business suit and high heels.
“Oh! Hello,” she said to you.
“Hi,” you say, waving your hand.
“Oh, where are my manners, my name's Octavia,” she said. You tell her yours.
“It's a pleasure meeting you,” you say.
“You too,” she says with a smile.
“You need me Octy?” Vinyl asked.
“Yes, I came to remind you that we are having dinner with my parents tonight, I know you forgot,” Octavia said, crossing her arms.
“Oh please, I didn't forget,” Vinyl said, she leaned in close to you and whispered, “yes I did.” apparently Octavia heard because she rolled her eyes and glared at Vinyl harder than before. “Alright, I appreciate your help today, but I'm gonna have to ask you to leave,” she said to you.
“It's fine, I should probably have to get back to the Cakes anyway, see ya later,” you say taking your leave. Just as you were about to open the door you hear Vinyl call out your name, making you turn around.
“For you help,” she said before tossing you gold coins. You caught all five pieces and you recognize them as Bits. You smile at Vinyl before leaving her house. As you were walking away you heard the sound of breaking china from the house, making you quicken your pace.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Flaming reign for proofreading, and sorry for the wait i had a bad case of lazy and writers block. The next chapter should be out sometime next weekend or something. So upvote, downvote, comment, or not. It's up to you.