• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 6,708 Views, 213 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Friendship is Magic - Mudkipman98



The final battle between Sora and Xehanort was a failure. Sora is on his last legs and his friends have all been captured. When he refuses to help Xehanort, he is sent into darkness. What he finds on the other side surprises him above all else.

  • ...
15
 213
 6,708

Stranded

Fluttershy was just about to speak again when she saw what appeared to be a shadow come out of the ground behind Sora and Riku. "Look ou-!" Before she could finish speaking, Sora set down Riku, summoned his keyblade, then spun around, slicing through the heartless in one clean move.

Fluttershy was speechless. Even in his condition, the alien had somehow stopped the creature behind him. She gulped as she thought about what else this other thing could do. Maybe he had some kind of magic as well. After all, his weapon had just appeared out of thin air in a flash of light. She decided that she should take Sora and Riku to see Twilight ASAP.

Sora stumbled again and Fluttershy rushed to his side. She supported him with her wing as she set him down. "Oh, please don't move again. You're hurt," she said.

Sora grunted before responding again. "No. I've gotta protect Riku. We're not safe here."

"No, you need to rest," said Fluttershy sternly, trying to imagine that she was speaking to one of her animals. "Don't worry. I can take care of you both. Wait here while I go and get Twilight." Before Sora could ask who Twilight was, Fluttershy hurried away over the edge of the crater, moving as fast as she could to the library across town. It was only when she was halfway across the skies of Ponyville that she regretted not getting the two creatures to her home first. It was too late now, so she tried to increase her speed.

/)*#*(\

"Spike, can you reshelve 'Myths of Mystical Weapons'?" called Twilight from her room. She had just finished reading the massive volume and no longer needed it.

Spike poked his head through the door before replying. "Sure thing, Twilight." The lavender alicorn levitated the heavy book into Spike's clawed hands. He nearly dropped it and had to regain his balance before hobbling back down the stairs outside of Twilight's room.

Twilight heard a knock on the door down in the main room, followed by the sound of the giant book dropping onto a table. "I'll get it!" called Spike from downstairs.

Twilight heard the door open, followed by the sound of running hooves. When she looked to the top of the staircase, she saw Fluttershy standing in her doorway, heaving as she tried to catch her breath. "Twilight, you have to come to the field quick! TwoalienscrashedintoitandoneishurtreallybadlyandIdon'tknowwhattodobutIthinkyoushouldcomeandtakealook." Fluttershy spoke hurriedly using all one breath, and resumed her rasping afterword.

All Twilight really got out of that burst was aliens, field, hurt, and come. That was all she needed to hear. If somepony was in trouble, then she had to help them. "Spike! I'm going out for a while!" she called downstairs.

"OK! I'll watch the library while you're gone!"

"Great!" she yelled back. Twilight gathered a few things into her saddlebags, put them on, then had Fluttershy lead the way. As her and Fluttershy were leaving the library, Twilight turned back to Spike for a second. "Don't burn the place down," she said jokingly.

/)*#*(\

It took almost twenty minutes for Fluttershy and Twilight to arrive back in the field due to the distance, where Twilight immediately spotted the crater. The two ponies rushed over to it to find an odd sight. Riku was nowhere in sight, Sora was floating in mid air on his back with stars swirling around his head, and a figure in a black cloak stood by himself in the center of the crater, holding the Oathkeeper and Oblivion keyblades.

The third alien relaxed and the keyblades disappeared. It brought its hands up to its hood and pulled it off before shaking his head. The figure was a boy with blond, spiky hair and blue eyes. He nodded to the ponies, then summoned a new keyblade. This one looked like a cross between the Oblivion and Oathkeeper keyblades, sporting a silver blade and a key bit made of black and white spikes.

The boy crouched for a second before holding standing straight up again and jabbing his keyblade high as he said, "Curaga!" A green light surrounded Sora as the boy disappeared, lifting Sora into the air slightly before touching him down on the ground.

"Oh, you're back," he said to Fluttershy with a wave.

"Oh my gosh!" Twilight squealed in excitement. "What are you? Who was that other one? Fluttershy said you were hurt. Are you okay? Where are you from? What was sword? Oh my GOSH there are so many questions I have for you!"

Sora took a cautionary step back. Noticing this, Twilight reigned herself and calmed down. "I'm sorry," she said. "It's just that you're alien to us and I'm really curious as to who and what you are."

"That's fair," replied Sora. "So, I take it you're Twilight?"

"Yes, actually. How did you know?"

"Your friend there said she was going to find you and bring you to us," said Sora.

Twilight paused for a second. "Us? But, you're the only one here."

"Oh, right. I had to hide my friend so the heartless wouldn't get him."

"Heartless?" asked Twilight. "What's a heartless?"

"I'll tell you in a minute." Sora stepped away and reached into a thick bush, grabbing hold of Riku's hand and tugging him back out of his temporary cover.

"Who's that?" asked Twilight.

"This is my friend, Riku," said Sora as he propped him up and into a sitting position.

"Is he okay?" asked Twilight, taking a few steps toward them.

"Oh, he'll be fine," assured Sora. "We've been through worse."

"Here," said Twilight when she was close. "Let me take a look at him."

Sora backed up a little bit as Twilight lowered her horn to Riku's head, channeling her magic into him to scan for any injuries. That's strange, she thought to herself. It's weak, but I can sense some kind of magic. I wonder what happens if I... She continued to delve deeper until she felt a blinding light. It was so much so that she broke her focus and stumbled away from him, her magic fading away as she shook her head.

"What's wrong?" asked Sora worriedly.

"I don't know," she said, astounded. She turned to Sora as she said, "I was using my magic to check for any major injuries when I found this... light. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but it was strong."

"That would be his heart," said Sora proudly as he relaxed again.

"His heart?" asked Twilight.

"Yeah. His heart is really strong. It's so strong that he fought off the darkness that took him over. It took him a year, but he finally managed to fight it off. Heck, he even became a master before I did."

Twilight and Fluttershy deadpanned before Twilight said, "I have no idea what half of that means."

"Oh, right," said Sora. "That light that you felt was his heart. One time, he gave in to the darkness and nearly lost it. He helped me and a couple of my other friends, but he nearly gave in completely. He worked really hard to get rid of the darkness, and he finally did. When we took a test to see if we could become keyblade masters, he passed and I didn't."

"I still don't understand very well," said Twilight. "Come on. Let's get you both back to Fluttershy's house. You can explain there."

"Okay," said Sora as he picked up Riku and hung him over his back. "How far away is it?"

"It's just over that hill," said Fluttershy as she motioned behind her.

"Great," said Sora. As they started walking, Sora asked, "Is it okay if we stay there for a little while? I'm worried about what happened."

"What do you mean?" asked Fluttershy.

"I'll tell you when we get there," said Sora as they continued off towards the cottage.