• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 885 Views, 2 Comments

Nightmares End and Anothers Beginning - PoeticJustice33



What if the elements of harmony killed Nightmare Moon instead of purged her. How would Celestia react ,and for that matter how would the Mane Six react?

  • ...
5
 2
 885

Chapter Two: A Princess Mourns

Nightmare Moon had been placed within a special coffin so that her sister could see her. Unlike regular ponies who start to deteriorate after they die alicorns didn't. Allowing Celestia to create a see through crystal coffin colored dark blue, representing her sisters original coat color. Princess Celestia hadn't left the room at all and was left alone by her orders. She knew that she should save face and act the way a royal should but she just couldn't. Not with something like this. It was really her fault that her sister was dead not the six mares. From the beginning Celestia had watched over potential element bearers and planned for the day her sister would escape her prison and once again make the night last forever. It had seemed flawless but Celestia had never counted on the elements killing her sister. There was know way she could have known that they could do that.

When the Elements of Harmony were first found by herself and her sister Luna they had been in a temple of some sort. Odd words were carved into the walls and pictures of bipedal creatures were everywhere. As amazing as the sights were the elements were far more amazing. Each a jewel holding unlimited amount of power within them. Without a second thought the sisters took the elements and took a desperate gamble by using them on Discord the spirit and god of chaos. The gems had turned the dracaneques into a statue freeing Equestria from it's madness. Of course Discord was a god so it was only obvious that they couldn't kill him but merely encase him in stone, but then how was she able to imprison her sister for a thousand years?

Was it possible that the elements had minds of their own, or that they were nothing but a tool of war? If so then Celestia had made the biggest mistake by using them even once.

It was settled then, if the elements were a threat she would put them back were she found them. If they weren't though she could still protect Equestria with them, but that would mean having to reunite Twilight with the five mares back in Ponyville. That might be a problem. She wasn't even sure she wanted them to have the elements back. Those things had murdered her sister, and had proven themselves more a threat than a protection. If she gave them back to their bearers whose to say what might happen.

" What choice do I have though"?

Celestia looked down at her sister and felt tremendous guilt rise within her. How could she even think of allowing such things to exist anymore when she was more than capable of protecting her subjects.

She could and would destroy the elements and their bearers so that her sisters death wouldn't be in vain. She looked down at her sisters face one more time before leaving.

"I'm so sorry sister. If only I had known."

Author's Note:

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to this but I'm not sure what to do with it even. You think writing stories is easy but it's anything but.

Comments ( 2 )

Damn Tia has to kill the mane 6. :raritycry:

Login or register to comment