• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 4,489 Views, 142 Comments

When Worlds Collide - Chris-Cross13



Christian, a simple anti-brony on Earth, is about to discover that Equestria isn't fake after all, much to his dismay.

  • ...
32
 142
 4,489

A Rather Big "Change" Of Events

After a few seconds of blinding white light, Christian opens his eyes to reveal that he is back in the throne room of the castle. The orange sun's setting light was shimmering through the stained-glass windows. Dusk was upon them. The castle was empty with the exceptions of him, Celestia, and a few guards. Christian looked over at Celestia, who looked nervous, distraught, angry, and sad, all in one emotion. She sauntered over to her throne and slumped down into a tired and stressed out position, hardly anything 'royal' or 'proper' for a princess of her stature. Christian slid over nervously to the throne, still worried about whatever he did wrong.

"Umm, Celestia... What's this about? Is this about me messing with Twitlight? I swear, it's too entertaining!" He shouted quickly. Celestia looked up at him with a sigh, then changes her view to peer at the small table next to her throne. Her face turns serious as she gets up and approaches the tan pony. She towers over him, making Christian back up a bit in fear. He was in for it.

"Christian," She says sternly. "It's time you knew why you're REALLY here..." Christian's eyes grow wide as he grinds his teeth in anger. He was kidnapped by ponies, turned INTO a pony, just to be told lies... BY PONIES?!

"WHAT?!" He shouts. "What do you mean 'Why i'm really here'?! What is this?! A joke?!"

"No," Celestia says grimly. "It is much more serious than a joke. Don't take what i'm about to show you lightly, this could affect all of Equestria... And possibly your planet." Christian could tell by her tone that she wasn't fooling around. She meant business, and not the kind with cupcakes in it. Celestia looks over to the small table again and levitates a small envelope toward Christian. Celestia releases the paper from her magical grip. It floats down in front of Christian as it unfurls itself when it lands on the tile floor. He uses one of his forehooves to open the note further and reads it aloud:

"Dear Princess Celestia,

It is I, Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings! Yes i'm aware that the last time you saw me I was defeated by Armor and Candance, but did you really think that was the last you would see of me? HA! I merely took that time off to grow stronger from all of the love outside of Equestria! Celestia, I have contacted you for one reason: An ultimatum. If you don't surrender to my rule in fourteen days, Me and my changeling army will deal with you and your kingdom personality!

I'll see you soon!
~Queen Chrysalis"

Christian's spine shivered as he finished reading the message. He didn't know who this " Queen Chrysalis" was, but she seemed to have it out for Celestia. Christian pushed away the letter so Celestia could magically place it on the table once more. Christian looked at Celestia, who was looking down at the floor in a sad manner.

"Who's Chrysalis?" He said perplexed. "Is she like, your mom or something?" He asked. It didn't seem natural that the 'Queen' was sending her a threat. Celestia's head quickly pivoted in his direction, disgusted at what he just said.

"Heavens no!" she shouted. "Queen Chrysalis is one of the most dangerous foes in Equestria. She and her army of disgusting bug-looking ponies can take on the appearance of anypony in Equestria! Without Shining Armor and Princess Candace's strong love toward each other, she would be ruling right now!" Christian once again, gave a confused look toward the alicorn.

"Who?"

Celestia sighs. "Nevermind, i'll tell you the whole story about that later. But now do you see why we needed you Christian?" She said urgently. Christian nodded.

"Yea, I think so. You need me because... Umm..." Celestia sighed once more. He wasn't grasping the concept very well.

"The reason I need you here, Christian, is for your power and the element of surprise." She said scientifically. She started to walk around Christian as she continued her explanation. "You see, your anger toward ponykind got me thinking; we could use that anger and hate toward us as an advantage, as our enemies would never see it coming! Think about it, we ponies are all about peace and harmony. You humans, especially you Christian, cause fights and wars over the most trivial things! That's why you must learn to respect us, but also contain that hatred. Understand?" Christian was gawking at her detailed rant. It at least explained why the ponies were acting weird when he was starting to like whatever he was working on! It also explained his transformation into a pony, a clever camouflage against the enemies of Equestria that would make him pass off as any other pony!

"But how did you know about our wars and such?" He said as his final question. Celestia chuckled at him.

"Christian, did it ever occur to you that I may have been researching Earth while keeping my eye on you? The continent you live on, The 'USA' as you call it, has had a war with themselves because of a leader's election and a disagreement with each other on slavery! Your nation could have easily found a better way to settle that!"

Christian nodded in agreement. "Anyway, back to the Chrysalis thing. How many more days are left until she arrives with her army?" He asks quickly.

"The moment I received the letter, I started to make a plan. By the time I summoned you here, We had only a week left."

"So that means we only have seven days now? Technically six because we kinda wasted this one?" He said nervously. Celestia nodded to his response. He snickered a bit. Celestia's plan worked so far, he figures that may he is as powerful as she says he is! "Alright then," He glared up at Celestia with confidence in his eyes. "Let's show that wasp and her little cronies what a human can do!" Celestia smiled at the perky human. He was ready.

"Alright then, Christian. We'll start your training tomorrow." Christian jumped for joy.

"Awesome!" He started off upstairs to his makeshift room. "See you tomorrow then!"

"Wait!" She shouts to stop him just as he starts to climb the steps. "Before you go, can you do me a favor?" Christian smiles and nods.

"Sure, why not?" He responds happily.

"Excellent!" Celestia's horn glows again, and from the left of her emerge a stack of two books. Each were about the size of a dictionary, and looked very bulky. "Can you put these in the library downstairs? I used some of them to research Earth a while back, and I never had the time to put them away." Christian tilted his head in confusion. She could teleport. Why the buck didn't she do that before? He shrugs of the simple solution and holds out his right hoof. Celestia places the stack of books onto the bottom-up side of his hoof. Christian's hoof strained under the weight of the books. He sauntered toward the lower staircase to the lower levels of the castle. As he tried to maintain balance and walk at the same time, Celestia said one final comment. "The library is down the first set of stairs and is the first door on the left, NOT ON THE RIGHT! Understand?!" Christian took a moment to take in what she just said. It seemed odd that she was very strict about some directions to a library.

"No problem Celestia!" He shouted as he started to descend the stairs. The lighting naturally grew darker as he descended, with only a few torches along the walls to guide him and help him watch his step. As he walked, he noticed that the atmosphere of the castle was changing drastically. No longer the bright and sunny castle that he normally saw, now it was like the fresh air and sun was sucked out, leaving the lower levels dark, dank, and smelling downright horrible. Christian finally manages to make it to the bottom of the stairs. He walks down the black hallway toward a pair of wooden doors; one on the left and one on the right. Christian heeded Celestia's warning and walked through the left door. Inside, he was greeted with sunlight once more as he saw an enormous library. He looked left and right, marble bookshelves were stacked high up to the dome ceiling. "Whoa, talk about your bookworms! This is crazy!" Christian looked up toward the tops of the high-up shelves. There were a few empty spaces on one of the topmost shelves. "How am I supposed to get up to the ceiling?!" He shouted, his voice echoing around the room. He looked toward the door to find a small table. "I don't think she'll mind if I just leave them here." He dropped the books onto the small table carefully and left. As he closed the door behind him, he looked at the door parallel to him. Instead of looking pristine, the wooden door looked rotten and old. Christian quickly peered around the area. No one else was around.

Christian slowly approached the door. He thought about Celestia's words one final time. He won't dare to go against the one pony that decides his fate, but his curiosity was peaked at this point, and the door WAS slightly ajar. Slowly, he put his hoof on the ancient wood and quietly pushed it open. He crept in and slowly pushed the door closed.

"Whew!" He shouted quietly as he wiped some sweat off of his forehead. He looked around the new room. The lighting was still very dark, but he could faintly see iron bars blocking off several different smaller rooms. the room smelt horrific, like dirty laundry and garbage mixed together. It made Christian tear up a little. He started down the dark, dank corridor. "Huh, this must be the castle dungeon." He said while looking into each of the cells. Each cell was empty and void of any life ever being there. Odd. He thought to himself. He gave off a quizzical look and continued down the hall, looking left and right in each cell still finding nothing. Christian glanced back at the door, which was almost completely shrouded in the dark in the distance. He rubbed his hoof on his chin. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea." He said to himself. He quickly turned and started to walk back. Hopefully, Celestia wouldn't notice his long absence.

"Hello?" A feminine voice said from the darkness. Christian stopped, as did his heart with fear. He froze with fear for a moment as he looked around the area he was in. The cells still looked empty.

"W-Who's there?" He said, wide-eyed and shaking with his response. It could be Celestia playing a prank, he thought. But that voice sounded nothing like her. It sounded smart...and familiar.

"Please... Help..." The voice said. Christian turned to one of the cells right next to him and peered between the bars. He could now faintly make out a shadowy blob inside. He squinted a bit more to notice that the blob had a horn on its head. It was a unicorn.

"Who are you?" Christian said to the unicorn prisoner. The shadow slowly moved out from the corner of the stone cell and into the light of the torches around them. The chains around the ponies hooves clanged together as she moved toward him and into the dim lighting. But even though the small amount of light, Christian could still see who the prisoner was. What he saw made him grin ear to ear. "Well, well, well, what do we have here? Why, if it isn't Twitlight Sparkle! So, Celestia locked you up because you threw a fit about me liking a song? Man, Celestia's more strict than I thought!" He laughed a little. He had to thank Celestia later. He was just wishing he had a camera. Twilight looked up at the laughing tan pony in front of her, and gasped quietly.

"You're the human..." She said suddenly. Christian stopped laughing and looked over at the purple prisoner in confusion.

"Uhh, duh! Of course I am! You know that Twitty, you were there when I got hit with the spell remember?"

"No... I don't." She responded, worryingly.

"Alright Twitlight, stop playing dumb. C'mon you know who I am!" He said, casually.

"I'm sorry, all I know is that you're a human." Twilight responded. Christian couldn't comprehend what she was hearing. She knew who he was! Out of every pony, she knew more about Earth and himself than the other five!

"You're messing with me right?" Christian said as he got closer to Twilight's cell bars.

"I'm afraid she ain't." Another voice said behind him. Christian turned to see another shadow, but this one had a cowboy hat on. Christian rushed over to see Applejack in chains, lying down on the cold, tile floor. Christian backed up, dizzy with confusion.

"Ok, what the buck is going on? I JUST saw you a few minutes ago outside with me! You came over with Twitlight and tried my cupcakes that I baked for Pinkie.

"No you didn't... I'm right here." A third voice said. Christian moved up to see the pink pony sitting in the light. Her hair wasn't fluffy and puffy though. It was straight and long, like someone ironed it out over a long period of time. Christian grew wide-eyed again. Twilight, Applejack, AND Pinkie were all chained and in cells from the time he saw him to the time he had his talk with Celestia.

"Why are you three down here? Did you all get in trouble by Celestia? And what about Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash?" He said confused. Twilight motioned a chained hoof behind him, pointing toward three cells. Christian quickly rushed toward them. In the first cell, he saw a blue pegasus who just got up from a nap. Dash looked at him with pleading eyes. Christian exchanged the same looked as he moved on. The next cell had Rarity quietly weeping on the floor. Christian looked up and down the hallway. The crying was barely audible, but he was surprised it didn't echo in the noiseless dungeon! The last cell Twilight pointed to showed a yellow pegasus who was crouched in a corner, simply looking sad. "They're all here too..." Christian said to himself. He ran back toward Twilight, the other five trotted to the bars of their cells to get a look at what was going on. "This is just weird. I gotta go tell Celestia about this!" He went to race off toward the door.

"There's no need for that, Christian." The tan pony froze in mid-step and turned halfway toward the cell next to Twilight's. He slowly crept over to see the white alicorn, also chained and distraught. Christian was absolutely baffled. Why would she put herself in a cell?

"W-What the?! Celestia?! How the? But you were just... Wha?" Christian's brain was starting to hurt. This was making absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why was Celestia down in her dungeon, chained and locked up? What kind of a prank is this? "Someone better explain what is going on right now!" He shouts.

"SHHH! Not so loud!" Celestia whispers. "If Chrysalis catches you down here, you're history!" Christian's brain finally clicked. 'Celestia' told him that Chrysalis could transform into anypony, as could her changelings. But how did she get here early, and while Christian wasn't looking?

"Chrysalis?" Christian says, baffled. "No... no, that's not possible. Chrysalis wrote a letter stating that she would arrive in six days from now."

"No Christian;" Celestia approaches the cold bars of her cell. She puts a chained hoof up to rest on one of the bars and exhales. "Chrysalis defeated me, my sister, and The Elements of Harmony over two months ago. She's secretly ruled ever since" Christian simply stared at the alicorn in disbelief. He quickly thought about everything that has happened to him today. Would the REAL Mane Six and Celestia kidnap him and turn him into a pony against his will? Christian gave the princess another look of confusion.

"So, you're telling me that two months ago; Chrysalis caught you and The Six completely off guard, you all ended up getting captured, and thrown into these cells? What about you royal guards, huh?!"

"Well, Armor and Candance are on their honeymoon... and I did allow Armor to have the entirety of the royal guard escort them and watch them during their vacation. We didn't want a repeat of the wedding." Celestia answers. Christian became a bit angry, this wasn't making any sense at all.

"Yea right! I bet YOU are really Chrysalis and these are your changelings in disguise right now!" Celestia turned her head away from the tan pony and walked to the back off her cell. Christian moved a bit to the left to reposition the light inside. He couldn't see anything. After a moment of silence, Celestia reappeared with another alicorn following her. This alicorn looked like the complete opposite of Celestia. She was smaller compared to Celestia and her fur was a dark blue instead of white. The most obvious difference was that this smaller alicorn had a moon as her symbol, unlike Celestia's sun. "Who is this?' Christian said quietly. Celestia approached the cell bars again.

"This is my sister, Luna." Sister? Christian's brain clicked again. Sister... He remembered that when he tried to ask about Celestia's sister to 'Celestia', She cut him off. That now made sense, but couldn't another changeling copy Luna as well?

"Wait a second..." Christian said suddenly. "How does Luna answer my question?!" Celestia gave Christian a grim stare.

"If we really were changelings, that would mean there would be TWO changelings the size of Chrysalis."

"So?"

"That's impossible, Christian." Twilight said from her cell. Christian thought to himself. They did make a good point. Christian sighed and looked at the ponies in the cells. He felt a little bad for them. However, this was probably the coolest thing he's ever seen. He hated these ponies, and now they were all in cells! He was really wishing that he brought his camera. Christian snickered a little.

"So, do you know what Chrysalis REALLY wants from me?" Christian says. Celestia nods her head a little.

"Yes, she wants to use you as a weapon for her own purposes. The 'training' you're going to go through will make you stronger than any other human on Earth."

"How do you know that?" Christian asks.

"Before I was captured, I was researching Earth and you myself after I received a tip-off from Manehatten, claiming they found another planet full of life. It was actually though the prototype portal device that I received that Chrysalis was able to locate you and bring you here." Christian grew angry again.

"So, you WERE going to turn me into a pony?! This was all going to happen anyway?!" Christian shouted. Celestia, Luna, and The Six quickly tried to make him more quiet.

"SHHH! No Christian! Not at all! If we were going to bring you to Equestria, we would have simply tried a peaceful arrangement, not turn you into a pony against your will! We're not monsters! Christian thought about what they just said. Now that made a lot more sense for a bunch of peaceful ponies! But he thought about the alternative, he could rule with Chrysalis and use all of these ponies as slaves! It would be great! He glared at Twilight and smirked. Twilight returned the look with the saddest looking pair of puppy dog eyes he's ever seen.

"Please Christian, help us..." she said softly. Christian's smirk turned into a saddened look. He hated these ponies, but was it really right to have them locked up? They were considered heroes, and Christian didn't want to be a bad guy, It ruined his image. But he was supposed to hate these ponies! His brain fought back in forth as he searched for an answer, making his brain hurt again. Should he help or rule? He went wided eyed as finally, he found an answer.

"Alright, even though this is about to go against everything I know, I'll help you all out. What do I need to do?" Celestia grinned and nodded at the human; The Six also smiled toward the tan pony. Celestia knelt down toward Christian to speak clearer.

"You need to get a hold of one of the portal devices. There is one in Twilight's library, heavily protected and guarded. And the other is in my room in the castle."

"Alright, obviously i'll go for the one in your room. Next?"

"Once you obtain a device, you'll need to contact your government for help." Christian raised a brow at her plan.

"Umm, I don't know if you have ever met my government, but i'm pretty sure they won't be very cooperative."

"They will when they see you as a pony that can talk."

Christian went wided eyed again. "That's another thing actually, You are going to turn me back into a human, right?" Celestia bites her bottom lip at this question as Luna gives her sister a look of nervousness. Celestia looks at Christian again, who cocks his head at the alicorn.

"Umm, about that. The transformation spell isn't a spell... it's a curse."

"Say what now?" Christian says quickly.

"There is no guarantee that I have a spell to reverse the curse Chrysalis has put on you." Christian grits his teeth in anger. He may be stuck like this FOREVER?! Christian stomps away from Celestia for a moment. If he was going to be stuck like this, why help the ponies that were the cause of this mess? But, there was a small chance that she did have a spell to make him normal again. He rushes back to Celestia, who was still biting her lip.

"Fine, FINE! I'll do it. But you better have a spell to make me normal again, or i'll make sure your sister is my royal footrest when I rule with Chrysalis!" Celestia nods at Christian's agreement.

"Yes, i'll try to think of a reversal spell right away! But for now, you must go!" Christian nods and runs off to the door of the dungeon. "Good luck Christian!" She shouts as he runs off. Christian turns his head and nods at the captives. He makes it to the rotten door and quietly opens it again. He slowly tiptoes out backwards from the dark, dank dungeon. He looks from side to side to see if any 'guards' noticed him. The hallway was empty. Christian sighs in relief as he turns around and trots away.

"A-HEM!" Christian pupils shrink as he turns around slowly to see Chrysali..."Celestia" tapping her hoof at the tan pony. Christian's eyes dart around the room as he tries to think of an excuse.

"Oh! Uhh... Hi Celestia! What's up? Heh heh..." Celestia glances at Christian oddly. The heck was his problem?

"What are you doing?" She asks the pony. "Didn't I tell you not to go in the door on the right?!"

"Yea, you did. But, the door was a open a little. I swear, I took a quick glance in, saw nothing but darkness, and closed it shut!" Celestia gave Christian a observant look as Christian slid around her. "Well, I should get to bed! Night Celestia! Can't wait to start training tomorrow!" He quickly runs off upstairs, leaving the fake Celestia in complete confusion. She glances at the door to the castle dungeon, and then back at where Christian ran off. She shrugs.

"He probably just took a quick look in. I doubt he had the nerve to go against me." She trots back upstairs, completely confident in the fact that her plan is going along smoothly. Christian would be the perfect ally in her takeover.

Author's Note:

Whoa! Plot twist! Didn't see that coming did ya?!