• Published 15th Apr 2013
  • 1,781 Views, 25 Comments

The Magic Man in Equestria - iDeltaVelocity

  • ...
3
 25
 1,781

A Jerk in Ponyville

The Magic Man in Equestria

Chapter 2

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, still stuck together in a single body, stood in the middle of Twilight’s room. The lavender unicorn in question paced around the both of them. She was astounded at how this happened. She did not think magic was capable of doing something like this to anyone in Equestria. Whoever did this must have had a large amount of energy at their disposal, enough to even match hers.

Finally, Twilight stopped. “How did this happen?” she asked.

“Some magic man near Whitetail Forest,” said Rainbow, “He made us like this after we gave him some food. He said that he wanted to teach us some ‘magical life lesson’.”

Twilight wondered what lesson there was to learn from showing a person generosity and kindness. It didn’t make sense. She placed the thought to the side for the moment and aimed her horn at the two pegasi. They were enveloped in a cloud of purple, floating up from the ground before being pulled apart.

For a moment, it seemed like Twilight’s solution would work. The two seemed like they would be back in their own bodies, but wouldn’t stay like that for long. Twilight’s magic quickly wore off, sooner than expected, and forced Rainbow and Fluttershy to join bodies once again.

The unicorn became frustrated, trying it yet again, but yielding the same result. She couldn’t get her head around how this was possible. “Whatever magic this guy was using, it doesn’t seem natural. It’s negating my magic.”

“So you’re telling me you can’t change us back?” said Rainbow.

“Not unless we go and find this magic man, first,” replied Twilight, “If his magic caused this, then I’m certain it’ll reverse the effects.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Rainbow, excited, made a dash for the exit. She didn’t move or budge far, considering that she was still stuck to the butter yellow pegasus.

“Sorry, Rainbow, but I you’ll have to take things a bit slower,” said Twilight, “I’m sure we can find them, though. He can’t hide forever.”

They heard claws scraping against wood. They looked over at the stairs to see Spike walking into the room. He was shocked and startled when he saw Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash in the situation they were in. “What… happened to you two?”

The two pegasi looked at each other (it was an awkward sight to see them trying to) and responded, “It’s a long story.”

Spike, still confused as to how it happened to his friends, walked over to his basket. He reached under the cushion and grabbed a small burlap bag from underneath. He’d make a note to hide it somewhere else afterwards.

“What’cha got there, Spike?” asked Twilight.

“Just some bits.” The dragon headed back for the stairs. “I met some guy on the way here. Said he needed some to repay a debt, and I said I’d help him out.”

Twilight grew suspicious about it. Hearing about some stranger asking for money drew a considerable amount of questions, but she would rather dig deeper than just jump to conclusions. “If you don’t mind me asking, who is it that asked you?”

Spike shrugged. “I dunno. Said he was a beggar or something.”

The mention of the work triggered alarm bells in Fluttershy’s and Rainbow Dash’s heads. “Beggar?”

“Spike! Wait!” Fluttershy called down.

Twilight looked at them. “What? What’s going on?”

Before any answers could be given, a loud noise rang through the air, and followed by a puff of blue smoke rising from downstairs. Twilight, along with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, hurried into the library. Out of a cloud of blue smoke in front of the door, Spike appeared, but he wasn’t himself. He’d been turned into a rubber ball!

The blue smoke finally disappeared, revealing a man dressed in a fur coat standing in the doorway.

“You!” Rainbow Dash immediately recognised him.

“That right! Is it I, the Magic Man!” He threw off the coat and stared at his two previous victims with glee. “So, have you two sissy do-gooders learned your lesson yet?”

Rainbow growled.

“Change them back, Magic Man!” Twilight demanded.

Her demand was met with a disapproving look. “Nah-ah-ah! That’s not how it works in my world, honey. Just like this little guy…” he referred them to Spike, “These two need to learn what I’m trying to teach them. Come on, it’s not that hard, is it?”

“Why you!” It didn’t matter if she was connected to Fluttershy or not, Rainbow wanted to get her hooves on his guy.

“You want a piece of me? You’ll have to catch me, first!” He clapped his hands together, and in a puff of smoke, he vanished, leaving three confused ponies and a dragon.

“Where’d he go now?” asked Spike.

Twilight tried her magic, but yielded no results. “I can’t track him anywhere. We’re gonna have to warn everypony in town about him before he can strike again.”


Applejack kicked the side of the tree, making the ripe, plentiful apples fall into the waiting buckets below. Despite only working for half an hour, she was already beginning to feel the effects of the afternoon sun. She took her hat off, fanning some of the sweat from her coat.

As she continued her harvest, she heard a cough coming from further into the orchard. She figured it must have been Applebloom, or Sweetie Belle or Scootaloo. Perhaps one of them was getting sick.

She followed the sound, but instead of coming across one of the CMC fillies in questions, she found a large figure lying against one of the trees. “You all right, Mister?” she asked.

The man coughed again, looking over at Applejack. “I’ve fallen very sick and I’m without a home,” he told her, “Would you be as kind as to provide a poor old man a place to stay for the night.”

Applejack felt a huge amount of sympathy for this man. He was not only homeless, but also ill and broken. It wouldn’t be in her character to deny him some food and a home.

“Sure thing, pal.” She helped him to his feet. “Ya’ll can help yourself to some of the apples here, if ya like.”

The man looked up at the plentiful apples that graced the orchard. “Thank you ever so much. But, uh, just one thing… I’m not really homeless.”

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “You’re not?”

He chuckled. “No, I’m afraid I’m not. I’m actually a…” he threw off the fur coat and revealed himself to the orange pony, “Magic Man!”

Applejack had a surprised look on her face. This was surely unexpected, seeing another purely magical race in Equestria. “So, you’re magic?”

The Magic Man nodded. “Yep, I guess I am! And because you were so kind to give a home to a sluggishly old beggar like me, I’ll repay the favour by doing you a mystical magical favour!”


Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Spike teleported and found themselves at Sweet Apple Acres. The unicorn had Spike suspended from the ground with her magic since there was no way he could really move on his own.

“Applejack has to be around here, somewhere,” said Twilight.

They scanned the area. She wasn’t near the house, so that meant she must be somewhere in the apple orchard. They called out for her, but before they had a chance to go in and look, the all too familiar sound of smoke reached their ears, followed by a cloud of blue rising into the air from inside the orchard.

Fluttershy feared the worst. “Oh no…”

They watched as a figure staggered from behind the trees, coughing. When it emerged, they saw it was Applejack. The four of them were horrified at what happened to her; her head had been transformed into an apple, saved for her eyes, mouth, and muzzle. She looked bemused at her four friends standing in front of her, particularly at Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, and then at Spike.

“Lemme guess: you met that magic guy, too?”

They nodded. “Yep,” said Rainbow Dash.

“He’s going around doing this to anypony who’s nice to him,” said Twilight, “It doesn’t make any sense in the slightest. He changed Spike into a ball before we got here. And you can already see what he did to Rainbow and Fluttershy.”

Applejack stomped her hoof on the ground. “I found the no-good varmint in m’ah orchard and agreed to give him a place to stay for the night. Disappeared right after he did this to me. Why, when I find him, again, I’m gonna—”

They heard an ear-piercing scream shoot through the sky, and at that moment, they knew who it belonged to.

“Rarity!”