• Published 15th Apr 2013
  • 5,177 Views, 289 Comments

The Legend of Spike: Dracula - DiabloGuapo



Spike, the Mane Six, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders must band together and save Ponyville when an ancient evil awakens.

  • ...
5
 289
 5,177

A Deal for Rarity

“Thank you for allowing me to stay here, Mother,” Rarity said to the pink Unicorn with the indigo mane.

“Oh, don’t think anything about it,” the older mare cheerfully replied. “It’s nice to have you back home.”

Rarity followed her mother upstairs to her old room. She opened the door and saw that it had not changed since she moved out years ago.

“I kept it exactly the way you left it,” Rarity’s mother said while beaming with joy.

“Yes, I can see that,” Rarity said as she scanned the room with amazement. It was like looking into a time capsule. As a fashionista, she was always developing new styles and perfecting her craft. To see her work from her teenage years brought back so many memories, some good and some embarrassing. A Purple and orange bedspread, what was I thinking? she thought as she slightly shook her head with a small smile as she looked at the out of fashioned bed cover. This shade of purple would go some much better with green... This thought caused her to pause and then a concerned expression came to her face. I do hope Spike is okay. He and Twilight are out there while a vampire is on the loose.

“...anything, Rarity?” she caught the tail end of something her mother was asking her.

“Huh, excuse me?” the alabaster Unicorn asked as she was brought out of her thoughts.

“I asked if you needed anything.” Her mother repeated.

“Oh... no, I’m fine as I am,” Rarity responded.

“Alrighty then, let me know if you change your mind,” she said as she left the room. Rarity briefly smiled at her mother as she left, but then frowned again as she grimly reflected on her situation. She set down Opalescense’s pet carrier and let the fluffy white cat out. The feline exited the carrier with her nose turned upward as she strutted across the room in her typical stuck up demeanor.

“Oh, Opal,” the cat’s owner fretted. “I’m so worried.”

*****

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo raced down the streets of Ponyville with the supplies they received from Spike on their backs. As they made their way through town, they could see the search parties that were still hunting Spike. They were now holding lanterns instead of torches and they had lost the pitchforks. The girls thought this was odd, but ignored it as they continued to run.

As they were running towards Twilight's castle, they came to an abrupt halt when they saw guards standing outside a building with paramedics. They gasped when they saw the paramedics haul a stretcher out of the building with pony covered in a white sheet. The girls knew instantly that it meant the unfortunate pony underneath the sheet was dead. Then they saw a second stretcher that had an unconscious lavender Alicorn on it.

“Twilight!” the three cried out in unison after seeing their friend. They started to run to her, but they were blocked by two royal guards. When Twilight had stormed off from the library, a few guards thought it was best to follow her. They found her along with a dead mare in the building.

“Halt!” the white Pegasi ordered, stretching out their wings to prevent the teenagers from approaching Twilight Sparkle. “The princess is injured; we need you to stand clear as we transport her to the hospital!”

“But we have somethin’ important to give to her!” Apple Bloom said to the guards.

“I’m sorry, miss. But you and your friends had better leave,” one of the guards sternly ordered.

“But we’re her friends!” Scootaloo tried to explain.

“Then you’ll just have to visit her later at the hospital,” a guard said dismissively. The paramedics loaded the two stretchers onto an ambulance carriage and headed off towards Ponyville hospital.

“Now what are we gonna do!?” Scootaloo shouted in frustration.

“We still need to get this stuff to Twilight and the others,” Apple Bloom told her orange friend.

“What about Spike?” Scootaloo asked. “He’ll want to know that Twilight’s been attacked!”

“And Rarity,” Sweetie Belle added. Apple Bloom thought about the situation for a moment.

“Okay, this is what we’re gonna do,” the yellow Earth Pony announced. “Ah’m goin’ to take the notes and stuff to Twilight in the hospital with the garlic. Here, give me those,” she said as she relieved Scootaloo of her portion of the load. “Sweetie, ya take the garlic ya have to Rarity. Tell her not to leave where she’s at!”

“What about me?” Scootaloo asked.

“Go back to the clubhouse and let Spike know, but don’t let him leave! He’ll most likely try to run off without thinkin’ and get himself caught when he hears.”

“How do I stop a dragon from running past me?” Scootaloo asked with a deadpan look on her face.

“Use your imagination,” Apple Bloom retorted as she ran off, following the ambulance.

*****

Rarity was unpacking her clothes in her old bedroom. Since she didn’t know when she would be able to return home to Carousel Boutique, she packed the essentials. For her, that meant an entire wardrobe of clothes and accessories. She was almost done settling in when she looked out of the window and at the moon. It frightened her to think that such a horrible creature could be lurking somewhere out there in her hometown. Her thoughts then turned to Sweetie Belle. Her one and only sister wasn’t home yet and it was getting late. At least her sister wasn’t the vampire’s target, not yet anyway.

“Good evening, Madam Rarity,” a cold voice said from behind her. The violet maned Unicorn’s blood ran cold and her breath caught in her throat. She turned from the window and saw the vampire standing in her room.

“H-how... How did...” Rarity tried to speak, but was too afraid to form a complete sentence.

“Your mother was so kind to let me in,” Dracula answered Rarity’s incomplete question. “I told her that I was an acquaintance of yours and she gladly invited me into her home. She is quite a hospitable mare.”

“What have you done to her and my father!?” Rarity demanded.

“I have not harmed them,” Dracula reassured her as he stepped forward. “I simply told them to retire to their bed and fall asleep. Besides, I am not here for them. I am here for you.”

“W-what are you going to me?” she fearfully asked, feeling extremely vulnerable. She knew quite well what he could do to her, and it terrified her.

“Do not be afraid,” the vampire tried put her mind at ease. “I come offering a gift.”

“I doubt that,” she said, not at all at ease. “You attacked my friends, killed ponies, and framed Spike for it.”

“It was not my intention to have the blame for my actions fall upon him. It was the incompetence of those meddlesome interlopers that brought about that, and I would have thought you would have been grateful for disposing those dishonorable cowards for you.”

“How dare you? They may have been rude and despicable, but they were still ponies.” It shock Rarity to hear how callous this fiend could be.

“No matter,” Dracula dismissed. “They were just another hindrance to my plans. As were your friends, but fear not, no further harm shall come to them. I just needed them out of my way.”

“You speak as though we are just pawns in a game of chess.” Rarity couldn’t believe how little regard he had for ponies’ lives.

“That is because we all are, my dear. Can you honestly tell me your precious princess has not used you for her own means?”

He had a good point, and Rarity had to admit it. Princess Celestia had indeed orchestrated many of the events of her and her friends’ lives, especially Twilight’s. All of the tests and lessons were to groom the lavender mare from being a socially awkward bookworm into a Princess of Equestia. In fact, the way she had met her best friends, the redemption of Luna, and even Spike’s birth was all the Solar Princess’s doing. Celestia knew that Nightmare Moon would return in a thousand years, but the harmony between her and her sister was broken and so the Elements of Harmony abandoned them. In order to save Equestria and her sister, she would need new bearers for the Elements. She used an abandoned dragon egg as entrance exam for her school for gifted unicorns knowing that only the Element of Magic could hatch the egg. She also knew that the Elements could only be used by ponies that were united by the Magic of Friendship, so she sent her prized pupil to Ponyville under the pretenses she was to prepare for the Summer Sun Celebration. In reality, it was so that Twilight would make some true friends. If she had explained her plan to Twilight, it would have just been another assignment and she wouldn’t have made any friends.

“Does Princess Celestia manipulate us? Yes,” Rarity admitted, but she had conviction in her voice. Dracula’s eyes briefly turned red and narrowed at the mention of Celestia’s name. “But everything she has done has been and always will be for the good of her subjects! All your plans have caused is misery and death!”

“That is not true,” Dracula defended himself. “Remember, I come offering a gift.”

“Let me guess, you want to turn me into a vampire?” Rarity dryly asked. “Ha! As though I would ever accept that!”

“I am offering you immortality,” Dracula calmly clarified. “Think of it. You will never grow old, your beauty will last throughout the centuries, and you will have power beyond your wildest dreams.”

The offering was tempting. What mortal doesn’t want eternal youth? She could be a goddess amongst mares and be admired throughout the ages, but at what cost? She would become undead; a living corpse. She would have to forsake the light and embrace the darkness. She would be feared and would have to survive by feasting upon the blood of the living like a dreadful parasite.

“No, I won’t... I can’t accept it! I am a pony, and all ponies have to grow old and die some day.”

“And what of Spike?’ Dracula questioned.

“...Spike?” The vampire’s question caught her off guard.

“He will not grow old and die, but will have to endure the millennia... alone... without you.” Dracula smiled inwardly when he saw the distraught look on Rarity’s face. “How can you live with yourself knowing you will abandon him someday?”

“I... I...” the white Unicorn struggled to find words to speak.

“If not for yourself, then do it for him. Spare him the pain of loneliness. Trust me, I too know the awful pain of losing the one I love and have to endure the empty years without her.”

“Spike...” she whispered, her sapphire eyes filling with tears as she imagined him sitting atop a hoard of gems in dark cave all alone as he mourned for her centuries into the future.

“You can be with him... forever,” Dracula tempted her, his blue eyes glowing in the darkness.

“... Forever?” Rarity quietly asked. Dracula nodded as he saw the hopeful look in Rarity’s eyes.

“All you have to do is say yes.”

“...Yes.”

The dark stallion approached the white mare, looking down at her, and said, “Then look into my eyes.”

She obediently looked up, the moonlight shimmering on the tears in her eyes, and gazed into the vampire’s ice cold eyes. She immediately felt her mind become hazy and the world around her seemed to fade away into darkness, leaving only the two of them. A peaceful euphoric feeling washed over her and she smiled dreamily as she allowed it to envelope her. She let out a small cry as she felt two fangs pierce her neck. As he drank, she closed her eyes and moaned blissfully. The strength left her legs and she collapsed onto the bed.

“Drink,” the voice of the vampire commanded and she opened her eyes and saw a bleeding fetlock being held over her mouth. Without questioning the order, she opened her mouth and a few drops of cursed blood fell in.

“Rarity!” a high pitched voice called from down stairs. After checking Carousel Boutique, Sweetie Belle had finally arrived home in search of her older sister. “Rarity, are you here?” The younger white Unicorn ran upstairs and opened her sister’s old room and found her lying on the bed. “Thank goodness I found you! I’ve brought some... Rarity?” When her big sister didn’t answer her, she approached the bed with rising fear. When she saw the two red marks that had been freshly made on her neck, Sweetie Belle shrieked. “Rarity!”

*****

Back at the clubhouse, Scootaloo found Spike impatiently waiting.

“Spike!” the orange Pegasus shouted as she ran in the small room.

“What? What is it?” the dragon asked, sensing the urgency in her voice.

“He got Twilight!” she told him. His heart almost stopped and he looked towards the door and started to move. The orange teenager tried in vain to stop the dragon, but he went right pass her. “Wait! Spike, you’re supposed to stay here! Spike!”

Spike ran down the road back to Ponyville. Even though the guards were looking for him, he didn’t care; his mother had been attacked. However, he wasn’t completely devoid of caution. He used his sharp claws to scale the side of a building and leaped from rooftop to rooftop as avoided the search parties. He made it to Ponyville Hospital and carefully opened the window to the room where his friends were being kept in observation. To his dismay, not only was Twilight in a bed, but Rarity was there too. Over the hospital bed, the garlands of garlic were hanging over the bitten ponies.

“No... no...” he lamented as he looked upon the two most important mares in his life.

“Spike? Whatcha doin’ here!?” Apple Bloom, who was standing in the room with Sweetie Belle, asked him. “Ah told Scootaloo to keep you hidden at the clubhouse!”

Spike wasn’t paying attention, but ran to Rarity’s bedside.

“Rarity,” he said, hoping she would hear him.

“... Spike,” she answered, weakly opening her eyes to look at him with apologetic eyes. “I’m sorry... I did it for you.”

“What? What did you do?” he asked, fearing the answer.

“I did so we could be together... I drank the blood...” she confessed as she started to cry. “Please forgive me...”

The door opened and a nurse walked in. The white Earth Pony mare with the pink mane done up in a bun gawked at the dragon that was standing by the beds. Scootaloo followed the nurse in and it was obvious that she was out of breath from chasing after Spike.

“Spike!?” the stunned Nurse Redheart exclaimed. The dragon wasted no time and bolted for the window. “Wait, Spike! Come back! They’re not hunting you anymore!”

It was too late. The dragon was already out the window and running towards the Everfree Forest. Since everypony was busy looking for Spike, no one noticed that the bodies in the morgue had disappeared.

*****

In the heart of the Everfree Forest, Dracula stood atop of a balcony that overlooked the forest from a ruined castle. Behind him were the reanimated bodies of Dig Site and Bedrock. They were then joined by eleven others. Dracula had summoned the bodies of Count High N’ Mighty and his cohorts to the castle. Their eyes lolled about in their sockets and their mouths were agape. Their bodies were covered in deep slashes and their necks were torn open. Their coats were stained with dried blood and their fancy clothes had been removed by the doctor from the hospital. There was a sense of poetic justice to see these once prideful ponies stripped of their possessions. The group of thirteen pony corpses moaned lifelessly and lumbered about the castle.

“It is time,” Dracula declared as he rose in the air, calling upon his dark powers. The ground rumbled and deep within castle’s catacombs, tombs opened. The skeletal remains of long dead pony soldiers crawled out from their resting place and headed up the stairs to the main hall. Red pinpoints of light shined from their empty eye sockets. Their armor was old and cracked. The ancient swords and spears they carried were rusted. Their white bones rattled as they moved.

Multiple howls were heard from outside and the green glow of Timberwolf eyes could be seen coming from the dark forest. The enchanted lupines entered through the main gate of the castle and sat before the vampire. Dracula looked at the beginnings of his army of darkness and smiled evilly.

Soon, I will have my army and Celestia will fall.

*****

Rainbow Dash awoke to something warm and delicious being poured down her throat. She slowly opened her eyes and saw a blurry black and white figure in front of her. As her eyes cleared, she saw that the blur was no other than Zecora.

“Zecora...?” the blue Pegasus mumbled, trying to figure out what was happening. She looked around and discovered that she was lying in the zebra’s bed and the herbalist was spoon feeding her a soup of some sort. “W-what... what happened?”

“Easy now, you need to rest,” Zecora urged as she feed her another spoonful of the soup. “I found you when you crashed into the forest.”

“What is this stuff?” Rainbow Dash asked after taking another sip. Whatever it was, it tasted spicy, but not overwhelmingly so. It warmed her to her core, and she could feel strength returning to her body. “It’s pretty good.”

Zecora smiled and walked over to her cauldron. Inside it was a red liquid was swirls of gold, orange, and yellow. It almost resembled liquid fire.

“This is Phoenix Flower Brew,” the zebra explained as she motioned to the table with her hoof. Rainbow Dash saw the petals of a red and gold flower on the tabletop. “It is a potion that can heal most injuries and your health renew.”

“Injuries?” Rainbow Dash asked. “How bad was I hurt?”

“When I found you, you where badly bruised and beaten,” Zecora explained. “To make matters worse, by a wolf, we were almost eaten. You were very lucky I was walking nearby, but what caused you to fall from the sky?”

Rainbow Dash though hard as she tried to remember what happened. She remembered talking to Twilight in the hospital. Then she talked to Spitfire. As she was flying back, there were... bats! The vampire! She remembered her fight with the bat monster and how the vampire bit her on the neck. With a feeling of panic in the pit of her stomach, she jumped out the bed and ran to Zecora’s dresser. To her luck, she found a hoof mirror and looked at her neck. There weren’t any bite marks on her throat. In fact, Rainbow Dash carefully inspected herself and discovered that there were no bruises or scratches on her body. The Phoenix Flower Brew had completely healed her, and if it could heal her, then it could heal her friends!

“Zecora, can you make that potion to go?” the Pegasus urgently asked the zebra.

“I can easily put it a pot or a flask,” Zecora answered. “Why do you ask?”

“There’s no time. I’ll explain on the way to the hospital.”