• Published 15th Apr 2013
  • 5,164 Views, 289 Comments

The Legend of Spike: Dracula - DiabloGuapo



Spike, the Mane Six, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders must band together and save Ponyville when an ancient evil awakens.

  • ...
5
 289
 5,164

A Drink with Fluttershy

It wasn’t long before the dark figure of the vampire king reappeared in the apartment of Renny Field. His eyes glowed red in fury and his face was contorted with rage. The blond Pegasus cowered in her master’s presence for she feared that his wrath would be directed at her. Fortunately for her, Dracula restrained his anger and calmed himself, his face returning to normal.

“The Elements of Harmony,” the dark stallion addressed his thrall. “Tell me everything you know about them.”

“Um, well...” Renny stammered as she gathered her thoughts. “I know that Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends are the ones who used them to save Equestria a few times.”

“Explain,” Dracula impatiently ordered. “I need to know how this is possible. They can only be used by ponies who are in harmony with each other and were connected to the Royal Alicorn Sisters, but they turned into stone when she used them against Queen Nightmare Moon and broke the harmony between them.”

“I don’t know too much about their adventures or how they found them,” Renny confessed. “But I do know that there are six of them and that each of them represent a different aspect of harmony.”

“Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, and the Magic of Friendship,” Dracula listed, grimly recalling how Celestia used them on the love of his life to take her away from him. “They somehow must have represented the Elements so well that they reawakened their power. I assume Twilight Sparkle is the Element of Magic, due to her being a princess. What of the others? I need to know who they are.”

“I don’t know what Elements they represent, but I do know their names,” Renny Field reported. “There is Applejack, she an Earth Pony that works on Sweet Apple Acres. Rainbow Dash, she’s the weather pony here and a Wonderbolt. Pinkie Pie works at Sugarcube Corner.” Dracula suddenly remembered the very talkative pony he met at the nightclub the previous night. He wondered which of the Elements that she represented. “We already met Rarity. She’s the dressmaker.”

“Ah, Rarity,” Dracula said with recognition. “The one who is love with the dragon. It is a shame that she is one the Bearers. It would be dishonorable to harm her after defending her honor. Also, you told me that her love is under suspicion for my actions. Perhaps...” Dracula started to form a plan in his head on how to deal with the fashonista and the young dragon. “Never mind that for now, who is the sixth Element?”

“A Pegasus named Fluttershy.”

“Fluttershy,” Dracula repeated with amusement. He had already seen half of Elements without even realizing it. The vampire smiled with a sinister grin as he remembered his encounter with the yellow Pegasus. “Thank you, my dear. You are indeed earning your reward.”

“Really?” the thrall asked with joy. “Oh, thank you master.”

“Now, if you will excuse me, I believe I will go visit Fluttershy. After all, she did suggest that we should have a drink together.” A sinister smiled appeared on the undead unicorn’s face and he vanished, leaving a dark chuckle echoing in Renny Field’s bedroom.

*****

“Thank you for grooming Owlowiscious’s feathers,” Spike said to Fluttershy as they sat in her cottage.

“Who?” hooted the owl as he sat perched on Spike’s scaly shoulder.

“Fluttershy, I... oh,” Spike exclaimed as he realized that he fell for the classic blunder again. The owl gave Fluttershy a knowing wink and the soft yellow mare lightly giggled at the pair’s antics.

“You’re quite welcome, Spike,” she said to her dragon friend with a smile. However, Fluttershy looked down and the smile faded into a look of worry.

“What’s wrong, Fluttershy?” Spike asked after seeing the concerned look on his friend’s face.

“It’s just that I’m so sad after what happened today,” she told him. “I know that Count High N’Mighty wasn’t a nice pony...”

That’s an understatement, Spike wanted to say, but held his tongue. Instead, he only made a slight scoffing sound.

“...and his friends were also very rude to Rarity,” Fluttershy continued, not taking notice of Spike’s sound of contempt for the Count. “But they didn’t deserve what happened to them. Nopony does.” She was silent for a moment and then a few tears formed in her eyes.

“Fluttershy, are you alright?” Spike asked, seeing her tears. Fluttershy only teared up more and nodded her head as she made an unintelligible response. Spike quickly moved from the armchair to sofa to wrap a comforting arm around the whimpering mare. In the safety of the dragon’s embrace, Fluttershy buried her face into Spike’s chest and let her tears fall freely. Sympathetically, Spike stroked her mane and patted her back as he let his friend let it all out.

“I-I’m sorry, Spike,” she apologized between sobs. “It’s just...after what happened to Cheerilee... and what could have happened... to Vinyl... I-I just couldn’t imagine what I would do if... if I lost one of my friends...” Spike patiently continued to hold Fluttershy as she cried even harder as she thought about the possibility of losing even one of her friends. Before Twilight Sparkle and Spike moved to Ponyville from Canterlot, she didn’t have many friends. Sure, she had her animals that she took care of, but she was too shy and introverted to make many pony friends. Of course she had known Rainbow Dash since they were fillies and she had met the others when she moved to Ponyville, but they didn’t become best friends until that fateful night all those years ago. After crying for a few minutes, Fluttershy finally regained her composure. She sniffled and she wiped the tears from her face.

“Are you okay now?” Spike asked as Fluttershy sat up straight again.

“Yes, I’m going to be alright,” she told him. “I’m sorry for crying on you like that.”

“Don’t worry about it,” he reassured her. “What are friends for?”

“Thank you,” she said to him gratefully.

“You’re welcome.” Owlowiscious hooted and Spike looked up to the owl and then the clock. “Well, I have better be going. I have other errands to run for Twilight.”

“And I had better get ready as well,” Fluttershy replied. “Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo are coming over for a sleepover soon.”

“See you later, Fluttershy,” the purple dragon said as he headed out the door.

“Who,” Owlowiscious hooted as a farewell.

“Good night you two,” she said with a smile as she waved to the pair as they walked down the path that headed back to Ponyville. A high pitched whistle came from the kitchen and she let out a surprised “Oh!” She hurried to the kitchen and saw steam coming from the teapot on the stove. Before Spike had come over to pick up Owlowiscious, she had started to make tea for the girls for the sleepover. The former Cutie Mark Crusaders often came over for their slumber parties after they had bonded with the animal caretaker when they were still little fillies. Fluttershy chuckled to herself as she recalled the mischief the three got themselves into during that first sleepover.

There was a knock on the door and Fluttershy turned to Angel, who was standing on the counter, and asked, “Could you answer the door for me? I bet that’s the girls.” The rabbit nodded happily and jumped off the counter and hopped to the front door as the Pegasus finished preparing the tea. Fluttershy heard the door open and then suddenly slam as she carried the tea set from the kitchen to the living room. “Angel! You know better than to slam the door shut in ponies’ faces,” she scolded as she set down the tea set on the coffee table, but then she noticed the rabbit was braced up against the door with a terrified look on his face. It was as though he was desperately trying to keep something horrible out. She was a little concerned, but she decided that she should see what was going on. She tried to scoot Angel out of the way, but the rabbit protested and vigorously shook his head. Fluttershy cautiously opened the door and saw the tall dark figure of the stallion with the piercing blue eyes she had met the night before.

“Good evening, Madame Fluttershy,” the mysterious stallion greeted in a cool collected voice.

“Oh, it’s you,” Fluttershy said with recognition. “It’s nice to see you again.”

“Indeed,” the towering unicorn agreed. “I was hoping that we could have a drink. I hope that this is not a bad time.”

“Oh, no. Not at all,” she told him. “I just made some tea. Would you care for some?” Angel Bunny pounded at Fluttershy’s leg and hopped up and down, trying to dissuade his caretaker from inviting the dark unicorn to enter the cottage.

“I would love to have a drink,” he answered, but made no sign of entering.

“Angel, don’t be rude,” Fluttershy told the rabbit as she looked down. As she looked away from the visitor, his eyes glowed red and the rabbit’s body immediately seized up and he turned about face and marched out of the living room. “I’m sorry about that, please come in.” As the yellow mare turned to walk to the sofa, the stallion smiled deviously as he walked through the threshold of the cottage and the door closed behind him by itself. Fluttershy lifted the teapot and started to pour her guest a cup and said, “I’m sorry, but I don’t remember your name.”

“I am Vlad, Prince of Trotsylvania,” the dark unicorn answered, still standing by the door.

“Oh, really? What brings you to Ponyville?” she asked as she poured herself a cup.

“Do you believe in destiny?” Vlad asked. “That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose?”

“I guess so,” Fluttershy responded to the question, confused by the stallion’s cryptic statement. “So, how do you like you like your tea?”

“I never drink... tea,” he told her, suddenly standing behind her. Fluttershy gave a startled yelp and quickly turned around, not understanding how he could move so quickly. She looked up into his icy blue eyes and started to feel the same fear from the first time she had met him.

“I-Is there something else I could offer you?” she timidly asked. As she continued to look, she started to feel dizzy. Just like the other night, she found that her mind was clouding over and was being filled with a sense of euphoria. Vlad smiled and the lights in the cottage went out by themselves, leaving both ponies in the dark with the only sources of light being the moonlight coming in from the windows and his glowing blue eyes.

“Yes...” he whispered. He stepped forward as she lay down on the couch, a drunken smile on her face. “Your precious blood.” He leaned over her reclining form and opened his mouth, revealing two pointed fangs. Fluttershy gasped softly as his fangs punctured her throat and began to siphon blood from her body.

*****

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were walking down the path that led to Fluttershy’s cottage. They were carrying saddlebags that contained their overnight gear and they giggled to themselves as they merrily discussed their plans for their evening with Fluttershy.

“Maybe she’ll let us groom Angel,” suggested Apple Bloom.

“He’s so cute,” Sweetie Belle cooed at the mention of fluffy white rabbit.

“Who’s cute?” A familiar voice called from down the path. The teenaged mares looked forward and saw Spike and Owlowiscious walking in their direction.

“Hey Spike!” Scootaloo greeted their friend.

“Angel Bunny,” Sweetie Belle answered Spike’s question.

“Oh him,” Spike said as he rolled his eyes. Though his relationship with the rabbit wasn’t as bad as it was when he first moved to Ponyville, Spike still wasn’t particularly fond of the snooty and stuck up rabbit. “For a second there, I thought you had a coltfriend, Sweetie Belle.” The young Unicorn’s white face turn as red as a tomato and her eyes bulged out so much that Spike thought they might fall out at any moment.

“What!?” she squeaked in surprise and embarrassment. “No, I don’t have a coltfriend.”Apple Bloom and Scootaloo snickered at their friend’s expense. Sweetie Belle’s embarrassment quickly changed into irritation at the sound of friends mocking laughter. “What are you laughing at, Scootaloo? We’ve all seen how you look at Rumble.” At this, Scootaloo’s mouth sealed shut and her eyes also bugged out, a tinge of pink staining her cheeks.

“What... I... I...” the orange Pegasus stammered.

“Wow, Rumble? Really?” Spike teasingly asked.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Scootaloo denied.

“Oh, sure you don’t,” Sweetie Belle sarcastically remarked. “You just flutter you eyelashes and get a goofy grin every time he passes by.”

“S-shut up!” Scootaloo shouted.

“Does Rainbow Dash know about you and Rumble?” Spike teased. Scootaloo turned white at the thought of her adoptive sister hearing that she had a crush. Apple Bloom laughed harder and harder.

“You think that’s funny!? How about the time you kissed... mmmph!” Scootaloo couldn’t finish the sentence due to Apple Bloom’s hoof being shoved into her mouth.

“Don’t y’all even dare,” Apple Bloom coldly threatened.

“Yeah, but...” Sweetie Belle started, but the yellow Earth Pony silenced her with a menacing glare.

“Don’t y’all even dare,” Apple Bloom repeated with more force.

“Alright, alright, I was just messing with you girls,” Spike said to ease the tension. The three young mares stood side by side in awkward silence, avoiding eye contact with each other.

“So, you were at Fluttershy’s?” Sweetie Belle asked to break the silence.

“Yeah, I was picking up Owlowiscious here,” Spike confirmed, nodding over to the owl. “I guess I’ll see you three later.”

“Yeah, see you later,” the trio said as they parted ways with the dragon. What they didn’t know was that they were being watched. Hiding behind a tree was an olive Unicorn with a magnifying glass cutie mark, a gray Unicorn with a paper file cutie mark, and pink Earth Pony with hoofprints for a cutie mark. Clue Finder, Cold Case, and Gum Shoe were heading towards Fluttershy’s cottage when they noticed their number one suspect walking down the path. Not wanting the dragon realizing that they were on to him, they hid behind the tree and listened as he talked with three young mares.

“So, what do we do now?” asked Cold Case. “Do we follow the dragon?”

“No, we stick to the plan and interview Fluttershy,” answered Clue Finder. “I want to get more information about those ponies she saw going into the forest before we send the guards into it.”

“But, the dragon could be on his way to his next victim!” Gum Shoe protested.

“Or just coming from it. Come on!” The three investigators remained out of sight and followed the former Cutie Mark Crusaders to Fluttershy’s cottage.

As Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo approached the cottage by the Everfree Forest, they noticed something peculiar; there were no lights on in the house.

“Huh, that’s strange,” Apple Bloom remarked at the strange sight. “Why are the lights off?” The three walked up to the front door and open it. Except for the moonlight coming through the doorway, the house was completely dark. The three walked inside and started looking for a lamp. As they searched, Apple Bloom eyes started to adjust to the darkness and noticed something at the sofa. She could make out the figure Fluttershy’s body and her soft yellow coat. Apparently, the mare was lying on the sofa, but there was something else. A dark mass was hovering over her and Apple Bloom could hardly hear the muffled sounds of Fluttershy gasping and moaning softly. Suddenly, the shadowy mass quickly turned around and Apple Bloom could see a pair of eyes that resembled two dark pools of blood with a fiery light shining from within them staring at her. Beneath the eyes were a set of teeth that had two fangs with blood dripping from them. The mouth of this creature was snarling at Apple Bloom and she was about to scream until those glowing red eyes locked with hers. She was instantly transfixed and stood with a dazed expression on her face. Under the shadow fiend’s power, her mind was open to it and it saw various images: apple trees, a farm, her grandmother, her brother, and her sister named... Applejack. It beast smiled with delight from the knowledge it gained and flew through the window as a cloud of mist, unseen by the other two teenagers.

“Here it is!” announced Sweetie Belle as she clicked on the Discord shaped lamp that stood on the end table. Light flooded the cottage and Apple Bloom snapped back to reality. She blinked her eyes and shook her head while trying to remember what happened and where she was.

“Hey, Fluttershy,” Scootaloo called to the Pegasus that was lying on the sofa. “Did you fall asleep on the couch or something? Fluttershy?” When Fluttershy didn’t respond, the three walked around the sofa and saw that she was unconscious, but was gasping for air with a hoof to her neck.

“Fluttershy?” Sweetie Belle nervously asked as she reached out to move Fluttershy’s hoof away. When the hoof was moved away, all three of them jumped back and gasped when they saw two puncture marks on her neck. “Are... Are those...?”

“It sure does look like it,” stated Apple Bloom with her eyes with fear.

“Just like Cheerilee,” added Scootaloo. When she had said that, all three of them looked at each other and remembered what Spike had told them. This couldn’t just be a coincidence, but it couldn’t be real. It was impossible. “What are we going to do!? What are we going to do!? What are we going to do!?” Scootaloo asked as she ran in place in a panic.

“Calm down, we gotta get help,” Apple Bloom told her, at the brink of panicking herself. Sweetie Belle stood there and started to hyperventilate.

“Miss Fluttershy?” a voice called from outside, causing the three teenagers to scream. Soon, the three investigators appeared at the doorway. The screams caused them to rush to the cottage, think there was an emergency. “What is it!? What’s wrong!?” Clue Finder asked.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders ran up to them and Apple Bloom pointed to Fluttershy and shouted, “It’s Fluttershy! Something’s happened to her!” The investigators rushed to the sofa and inspected the unconscious Pegasus.

“We got to get her to the hospital,” declared Clue Finder. He turned to the three teenagers that were anxiously watching them and said, “I need you three to go get the princess. Tell her we’ll meet her at the hospital.” Not needing to be told twice, the three sped out of the cottage and raced to Twilight's castle. Clue Finder looked at the marks of Fluttershy’s neck. “What do you think, Cold Case?”

“They seem to be the same size and shape as the dragon’s,” analyzed the gray Unicorn with the light blue mane. “But I’ll need exact measurements to be one hundred percent sure.”

“The dragon said he was just here,” Gum Shoe added. “I think that pretty much confirms it.”

“That’ll have to wait, we got to get her to the hospital,” Clue Finder said as he carefully lifted Fluttershy on to his back with his yellow magic. “We’ll deal with the dragon later.”