• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 3,077 Views, 221 Comments

The Day of No More Eyes - Argembarger



A tale of overcoming adversity, and learning what it means to be a true hero.

  • ...
44
 221
 3,077

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Deadly Danger Drama

Rarity was ecstatic. She loved not having eyes; it meant she didn't have to apply eyeliner or eyeshadow, thus shaving entire seconds off of her morning routine! She merrily trotted downstairs and into her workroom, stumbling over Sweetie Belle's sleeping form.

"Sweetie, how many times have I told you? It is unladylike to sleep on the floor. You have a perfectly serviceable room just upstairs!"

Sweetie Belle didn't respond. In fact, she didn't stir at all. Rarity listened closely, and silence filled her ears where the sound of her sister breathing should have been.

"Sweetie? Sweetie Belle!?" Rarity dove on Sweetie Belle, shaking her motionless body. "Wake up! Please, please! Say something... Anything..."

But, Sweetie Belle didn't say anything. Her body was stiff and cold. Rarity then realized that Sweetie Belle was just a filly-sized fashion mannequin, and she suddenly felt very foolish. Sweetie Belle was of course upstairs, sleeping in as usual.

Rarity trotted to the kitchen to make breakfast.

PreviousChapters Next