• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 625 Views, 10 Comments

Letters to Vinyl - runforever101



Did Vinyl and Enigma know each other before their official meeting?

  • ...
4
 10
 625

The Story Continues

Dear Vinyl Scratch,
I’m not exactly sure how my letter got to you either. I was actually trying one of the methods from my grieving book, and I was writing to the plushie! I thought that my letter would end up in the trash, but isn’t fate amazing, sending my letter straight to you? I’m so glad that you liked my letter and I’m sorry about your childhood. I hope we can continue to write to each other.

Sincerely,

Enigma Mystere


Dear Enigma,
I would like writing to you on every once in a while. It keeps me from doing stupid stuff at night like drinking.

Sincerely,

Vinyl Scratch


Dear Vinyl,
I’m so relieved that you’re willing to write to me! I was nervous you would think that I was a pervert or something! It’s good that you’re not drinking now! It might kill you if you drink a lot every night!
Let’s see, I was born in Lubbuck (I still live in Lubbuck) and I like drawing. I’m not really sure what else to say!

Sincerely,

Enigma


Dear Enigma,
That’s cool! I like dubstep and parties. I was born in Canterlot and I also still live in Canerlot.

Sincerely,

Vinyl


Dear Vinyl,
I don’t really go to parties a lot; I don’t really have any friends.

Sincerely,

Enigma


Dear Enigma,
That’s too bad, but you’re my friend! I mean, sure we haven’t met in person but some of the best things in life are yet to be seen.

Sincerely,

Vinyl


Dear Vinyl,
I guess you’re right. You remind me so much of my grandfather. He always had a good attitude like you do. I’m a little depressed right now since I just got fired from my job as a craft shop salespony. It’s kind of weird since I don’t have my cutie mark yet and I’m a grown stallion.

Sincerely,

Enigma


Dear Enigma,
That’s too bad; I hope you get it soon.

Sincerely,

Vinyl


Dear Vinyl,
Same here. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet ~ Princess Cadence

Sincerely,

Enigma


Dear Enigma,
I like that quote you left, it’s pretty cool. Everyone gets their cutie mark in their own time. ~ Vinyl Scratch

L Love,

Vinyl


Dear Vinyl,
Although quotes are good,
I find haikus much better,
That’s my opinion.
~Enigma


Dear Enigma,
Do you think you could come to my concert in Neighlina tomorrow? It’s close to Lubbuck! I attached a ticket and a VIP pass. I hope I can see you there!

Love,

Vinyl


Dear Vinyl,
Sorry I couldn’t make it to your concert. Maybe next time.

Sincerely,

Enigma


Vinyl sighed. She wouldn’t admit that she loved this mysterious stallion known as “Enigma.” She dropped little hints, like ending the letter with “Love” instead of sincerely but he didn’t pick up on it. She growled in frustration and retired to her living room couch.

She levitated the remote up and pressed the on button. It was some late night talk show. She slumped back in her chair. The host was laughing at some joke the guest made, but then he looked serious and the camera got closer to his face. “You’re being too pushy.”

Vinyl looked around, frightened. “W-Who, me?!”

“Yes, you,” he said. “The poor stallion doesn’t even know you and you’re telling him you love him? Obviously he didn’t come to your concert because he thinks you’re pushing it.”

“No! He said he was busy!” she hissed standing up.

“Of course he said that! You are acting like you’re in love with this guy and you haven’t even met him!”

“Shut up! He’s nice and I talk to him with letters!”

“Psh, they’re just letters, he could be anypony!”

“He is Enigma! The nicest stallion in Equestria!”

“I know why you like this guy.” He smiled mischievously. “Your parents never really loved you. So you cling to that guy for attention! You’re no better than a slimy changeling!”

Vinyl levitated the remote and flung it at the TV. She watched as the screen shattered to pieces. She fell to her knees, letting her tears flow freely against her coat. “I am not pathetic.”

She picked herself up and looked loathingly at her fine wine collection. She hadn’t taken a sip of alcohol since Enigma had started writing to her. She angrily levitated one of the bottles over to her. “Buck you.”

And she took her first sip of alcohol in two weeks.


Enigma wouldn’t admit it, but he liked Vinyl. He wouldn’t admit it in letters like she did, but he would always get excited when one of her letters was in his mailbox. He was also slightly nervous around her. He couldn’t just go to the concert! What if he did something stupid? He tried to steer clear of things like that and just write. Harmless letters were all they were… Right?

Author's Note:

Enigma's first quote- Jean-Jacques Rousseau