• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 15,614 Views, 1,491 Comments

Meet the Family - Thunderscourge



Rainbow Dash brings Soarin to meet her father and mother (Firefly)

  • ...
38
 1,491
 15,614

Meet the Scootaloo

A/N: And four entire months later, I return! What am I, Rorshach in Equestria? Nah, that would mean I put a ton of effort into this. No no no, this is just for fun's sake purely. Literally this chapter is a birthday gift, like the last one, but only this time it is to me for my 18th birthday. Sure could use something fun like this for the news I've been getting the past few days...

Anyways, my birthday was this past Tuesday so I got the idea for this next installment in the "Meet the..." series after I went and saw Pacific Rim with my mother who bought me more Kaiju films than candy when I was a kid. Now, I normally thank all the people who commented on a story's last chapter, but there are 253 comments as of this moment and that'd be a tough feat. Provided half of them are me responding, but hey, I'll just say thanks to everyone who enjoyed "Meet the Parents"!

Without further adieu, Meet the Scootaloo everyone!


It was date day. Tuesday specifically. Soarin managed to have enough free time to spend the whole afternoon and the early night with his marefriend, Rainbow Dash, every week since they became special someponies.

So, Soarin fully expected this Tuesday to go like all the others when he arrived at Rainbow Dash’s cloud home with a bouquet of flowers in hoof. A push on the door revealed that it was locked, something unusual for a Tuesday. After all, Dash was expecting him, and she wasn’t into the whole sweet knocking on the door, greeting one another, embracing, being invited in, kind of thing.

She expected him to just come in and make himself at home. But that’s why Soarin was caught off guard when the door was not to be opened by a simple push.

“Dash, you home?” the confused colfriend called out, hoping that Rainbow could hear him within.

Seconds went by and the day’s sun continued to shine down on the cloud home and the light blue stallion continued to wait for some kind of response. None came, however, and Soarin soon found himself fumbling with his spare key. Dash had given it to him a bit ago in case he ever forgot something Wonderbolts related at her house and really needed to grab it.

Or so she said. Soarin had just accepted it graciously, and now found himself glad he had it.

“Dash?” he called out again as he entered the house, only to find upon entering that all of the lights were out in the house of varying blues. It was still daytime so visibility wasn’t much of an issue, and this was for the best since it allowed Soarin to see a piece of paper laying on a nearby piece of furniture that was not there the last time he visited.

Soarin trotted over to the paper and placed his flowers down, finding himself in the living room of the house. The paper in hoof, he read Dash’s terrible pensmenship from it.

“Soarin, I’m sorry but I have something real important I need to go to and got to run. I’ll be back by tonight if you still want to go out. Love, Dash,” Soarin tilted his head as he pondered just what his marefriend was doing, “Huh. Wonder what’s come up?”

Something caught the pale blue pony’s eye in the corner of the room that only added to his curiosity: a cardboard box with what appeared to be a scooter, a few books, and a blanket laying inside of it.

Soarin inspected the objects for another moment before putting the paper in his hoof down, “That’s odd,” he turned back towards the still open door, having forgotten to close it, “Oh well. No use staying here I guess. I’ll just come back later.”

Soarin shut the door behind him on his way out as he thought about just what he should do next since he had a few hours to kill, “Maybe I’ll pick up some pie to kill the time. That place with the prodigy babies ought to have some I bet!”

He remembered visiting the place with Dash before, and he distinctly remembered just how great their pies were. They tasted just like that great one from the Gala! But, Soarin wondered, since when could foals fly and use magic? Some fillies couldn’t even do that, he thought incredulously as he spread his wings and prepared to take flight.

He had pie to eat.


“Awww, there’s a party going on! How am I supposed to get pie now?”

Upon his quick arrival at the nearby sweets shop the first thing that caught Soarin’s attention were the loud voices coming from inside of Sugarcube Corner and that about a half dozen pony figures were moving about inside of it.

Soarin, determined to get pie, took a closer look at the window and tried to see if the owners were inside and not busy. His search stopped quickly after his eyes caught sight of a more interesting thing instead.

“Wait, is that Rainbow Dash in there?” Soarin frowned as he looked inside the shop at his marefriend who was conversing with some small orange pegasus filly with a purple mane, “Wonder why she didn’t just tell me where she was going to be? Did she not want me to come?”

His staring activated his special somepony’s sixth sense though, and Rainbow Dash quickly caught sight of him in the window. With a pat on the head for the filly next to her, she quickly dashed to the door and came out to greet him, “Hey Soarin! Sorry bout leaving ya hanging, but I promised to come to this party before I said I would go on our date. I just forgot the day and all and had to run quick to not let Scootaloo down!”

Soarin nodded, having come to understand in the past few weeks that Dash’s ability to tell time was less than stellar. Maybe she should wear a watch, he thought. Even a drawn on watch would make her think about time more.

“Scootaloo...why does that name sound familiar?”

Dash laughed as she playfully socked him on the shoulder, “Because I’ve told you about her like a hundred times, duh! She’s a filly from around here who started the official Rainbow Dash fanclub,” her face was glowing and smug as she finished her sentence, only to become aloof as she went on, “It’s kind of her birthday and I’m having my friend Pinkie Pie throwing her a party.”

Soarin felt quite interested in meeting a filly that Rainbow Dash liked that much and spoke up as such, “Cool! Can I come in?”

“Uhh...” came Dash’s voice, the mare suddenly becoming lost in thought.

The fact that Rainbow Dash was looking nervous made Soarin nervous too, so he put a hoof on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her, “What’s wrong Dash?”

Rainbow’s eyes fell to the ground beneath them, “Well, you see, I...”

Her voice trailed off again and Soarin felt himself frowning again. Something was off with Dash, and he wanted to find out. Before he could inquire though she spoke again, an unsure inflection to her voice, but now she was looking him in the eye.

“I’m not sure if I should introduce you to her yet. I mean, I’ve kind of taken her under my wing and...I don’t know, I’m just not exactly sure if I should introduce her to my coltfriend yet. You see, I...”

Soarin pulled Dash in for an embrace with a warm smile on his muzzle, “It’s okay Dash. You should go and have fun with her-”

He never finished that sentence, for an orange and purple blur blasted out of the shop and barreled right towards the two lovebirds, the blur revealing itself to be a small filly, “Oh-my-gosh-oh-my-gosh-oh-my-gosh! Rainbow-Dash-it’s-a-Wonderbolt! What’s-a-Wonderbolt-doing-here-”

Rainbow Dash removed herself from Soarin and placed a hoof on the filly’s mouth to stop the verbal onslaught, “Breathe.”

The filly nodded and Rainbow Dash removed her hoof, the orange child taking a deep breath before letting out a bashful, “Hehe, sorry about that,” clearing her throat, the filly turned all her attention on Soarin who was in a state of amusement, “I’m Scootaloo! It’s so awesome to meet you, mister Soarin!”

While not an egomaniac like his marefriend could be at times, Soarin did have an ego one could play to like any superstar could have: He quickly found himself smiling down to the filly as she fluttered in place with wings flapping in excitement, “Oh, so you know about me?”

Scootaloo lifted her nose in the air and scoffed, “Pfft, as if I wouldn’t know my idol’s idol! You’re one of the best Wonderbolts ever, not to mention fliers!” her tone dialed down though when a thought came to her mind, “But what’s an important Wonderbolt official like you doing here? Are you here to tell Rainbow Dash she’s finally a full fledged Wonderbolt and-”

Following Dash’s lead, Soarin stuck a hoof in Scootaloo’s mouth to stop her, “Slow down, kiddo. I was just coming to get some pie when I saw Dash here.”

The filly nodded as she took the information in, but her head bob slowed when she noticed just how close the two blue ponies were standing to one another. A brow raised in confusion, but Rainbow Dash spoke before her number one fan could question it, “Scootaloo, Soarin is...” the mare took in a breath and let it out before finishing, “Soarin is my coltfriend.”

Scootaloo’s eyes widened until they looked like dish saucers, her mouth’s smile growing the same way before the filly fluttered in the air in pure excitemnt, “Ohmygosh, that’s awesome Rainbow Dash!” upon landing Scootaloo cleared her throat and her eyebrow rose again, a thought having struck her mind, “But wait, don’t the Wonderbolts have rules against that kind of thing?”

Soarin laughed, “Of course not! Why would anypony stop anypony from being with who they want to be with?”

Rainbow bonked Scootaloo lightly on the forehead to the Filly’s consternation, “Don’t mind her. She’s just been reading a lot about fictional societies and I bet she’s picked up some odd ideas along the way.”

“Reading’s fun though!” Scootaloo pouted indignantly which only managed to amuse Dash.

Dash rubbed Scootaloo’s head affectionately and Soarin smiled at the sight, the blue mare speaking with a fun tone, “You’re right, but I’m thinking we should get back to your party, missy,” Dash looked up to Soarin and smirked, having come to a decision, “The three of us.”

Scootaloo nodded before rearing up and running full speed back into the shop, “Well then come on, we’re about to play pin the tail on the pony!” she called over her shoulder as she ran inside.

Dash chuckled and turned to Soarin, stating the obvious, “She’s a bit energetic.”

Her coltfriend nodded to her, “Balances out your sloth-”

“Don’t finish that sentence.”

Her tone had been cheerful, so Soarin had thought himself in a safe zone in poking fun at her, “What? You are a bit laz-” a quick kick to the side knocked both his confidence and wind out of him though, “Shutting up now.”

The blue duo entered Sugarcube Corner with Dash leading the way, and of course they drew all the room’s eyes upon doing so. First Dash had run out and then Scootaloo, so the remaining ponies had been curious where the main ponies of this party were going, and now they had their answer.

“Hey guys, does anypony mind if Soarin joins us for a bit? I kind of had to skip our date so I could be here!”

A white coated mare with a purple mane and a fanciful accent responded to Dash’s question with a smile, “Why of course he can join us. It would be so uncouth to just leave him out while he’s already here.”

Soarin took in the inhabitants of the room with a quick glance: besides Dash, Scootaloo and him, there were two more fillies, the white pony, and a familiar-ish orange coated mare with blonde hair.

Soarin didn’t have long enough to remember why the orange coated mare looked familiar before a yellow and red blur caught his attention, a filly suddenly appearing on top of a table next to where he was standing so that they were at eye level, “Are yah a Wonderbolt like Scootaloo says?”

The Wonderbolt opened his mouth to say yes when he felt his leg get lifted up, a white filly with cotton candy hair being the offender as she observed the limb, “How do you leave behind those magical trails when you fly if you can’t do magic?”

The yellow filly poked his head with a hoof to steal his attention again, “What’s it like being uh Wonderbolt?”

Soarin’s leg dropped to the ground suddenly as the white coated filly looked with glee between him and the mare beside him, “How’d you meet Rainbow Dash?”

Soarin bit his lip nervously, never having been swarmed by children before, and tried to utter some kind of response but soon found himself with no need of giving one as blue aura surrounded the white filly. The filly soon found herself in mid dair and floating towards the other white mare in the room who was partially amused by the display, “One question at a time, darlings. Give the poor stallion some room to breathe.”

The orange mare spoke next with a southern twang similar to her family member, “Apple Bloom, what have ah told you about climbing on tables?”

The yellow filly leapt down from the furniture with a sheepish, “Oops.”

Family safe from falling, the orange coated mare looked to Soarin with a warm smile, “Ah, long time no see Sugarcube.”

The pieces in Soarin’s mind clicked together and the pegasus beamed as he remembered who the mare was, “Hey, you’re the pie pony from the Gala!”

Rainbow elbowed Soarin in the gut playfully as she addressed her friend, “Thanks for selling him that pie, Applejack. Let me save it in the end.”

Applejack gave a small nod back, “Yer both welcome. Ah’m just glad yer coltfriend was kind enuff to buy somethin’ there. Didn’t expect it ta help ya get a stallion though, Dash.”

Soarin chuckled before looking around the room hungrily, “It was more than that, but while we’re talking about pie I actually came here looking for some! There wouldn’t be any around, would there?”

The pale blue stallion found himself bumped onto the floor as a pink pony appeared as if from nowhere and crashed into him, five pie boxes stacked in her hooves as she chirped, “Five apple pies ready to go! Applejack helped me make them earlier today before we set up the party, so they’re all fresh and yummy still!”

Soarin, caught off guard, tried to regain his composure from the sudden entrance, “Oh...why thank you. How much for the pies?”

The pink pony giggled as she placed the pies by his hooves, “I already added it to Dashie’s bill, silly! I mean, why talk about bits when we should be partying? You two can work that out later! Okey doki Loki?” The odd pony started to leave the room at a much slower pace than she entered, all the while speaking under her breath, “Note to self, Loki needs to visit more. Must get Twilight to ask other princesses to help in this matter.”

Soarin just blinked and nodded as the odd being left, “Is she always this...weird?”

“It’s Pinkie Pie, don’t question it,” Rainbow Dash whispered.

“Okay then,” Soarin replied with a shrug, eyes and attention now on the pies by his legs. Beautiful, delicious, home made-

A high pitched and cracking voice belonging to the white coated filly shook him from his pie reverie, “So mister Wonderbolt, are you going to come play with us?”

Soarin stood back up and shrugged, a grin on his face as he looked about the party room, “Well, I’m not against having fun, so why not?”


Some many zany hours later Soarin found himself wrapping up his pies to carry in two large saddlebags the pink one had tossed him randomly during the event’s proceedings. He had some fun with the group, even if it was a little kid’s party. Dash was there and the fillies were all pretty cool, especially Scootaloo who was so cute playing with Dash in the party.

A day full of interruptions was not let down when the tomboyish voice of Scootaloo appeared next to Soarin, the two alone by the doorway as the others gathered their own things, “Why are you dating Rainbow Dash?”

Soarin, nervous and unsure what to say to the filly, decided to deflect the question, “Uhhh, hey Scootaloo. Aren’t you busy with wrapping the party up?”

“Nope. Rainbow Dash said she’s got it and would be back in a flash,” Scootaloo plopped her flank down beside him and looked up to the much larger pony, “You didn’t answer my question though.”

Not exactly used to handling kids, Soarin tried his best to not reveal his nervousness, “Well, Rainbow Dash is great and I really, really like her. She’s fun, she’s tough and there aren’t that many other mares who can keep up with me. There’s a lot of reasons I’d like to date her.”

A simple silent nod was followed with another, apparently unrelated, question, “Where do you come from?”

“Cloudsdale,” Soarin stated proudly, “Been living there most my life, outside of the Wonderbolts that is.”

Another nod and another question, the filly’s face revealing to Soarin that she was pensive about something, “How much older than Dash are you?”

Now it was Soarin’s turn that day to raise a brow, “A few years...why? I feel like I’m in a job interview.”

“No reason,” Scootaloo replied quickly, as if she was hiding something. Silence hung in the air a moment before she asked, “Ever taught somepony to fly?”

Soarin bit his lip, unsure how to exactly answer that, “Yes and no. I’ve taught ponies how to refine their basic flight skills into something special, but I’ve never taught somepony how to fly from scratch.”

“Who do you like better, Princess Celestia or Princess Luna?”

That one caught Soarin off guard and he found himself stuttering, “Uhhh, well, uhhh....Well, I like nighttime more than daytime and since I don’t personally know the princesses I can’t exactly choose beyond that...so Luna? Maybe?”

Scootaloo smiled a little bit which had the effect of easing some of Soarin’s tension, even if he didn’t know how he did it. Then another question to nopony’s surprise, “Do you like Mare Do Well?”

The Wonderbolt smirked, “Read the series even before Dash tried making me. I’d prefer if they hadn’t made that last one though.”

Scootaloo nodded, “Fastest you’ve ever flown?”

Soarin found himself baffled by the myriad of questions, but decided to play along even if this topic embarassed him a little, “I’m not the fastest Wonderbolt I’ll admit, but I make up for it with control and technique.”

“So Rainbow Dash could beat you?” Scootaloo asked somewhat innocently but mostly in a matter-of-fact manner.

“Not always! If the race is a straight line she’d beat me every time, but throw obstacles in and she can barely keep up with me!”

Scootaloo looked from her own blank flank to the stallion’s, “Why’s your cutie mark the Wonderbolt symbol?”

“Well, that’s a bit complicated you see. I got it when-”

The conversation, true to form, was interrupted (to Soarin’s glee) by Rainbow Dash who approached the two from behind, “Hey guys, I’m back! That was pretty fun, huh Scoots?”

Scootaloo jumped up and wrapped her front hooves around Rainbow Dash’s leg, glee simply emanating from the filly, “I had the best time of my life!” the filly nuzzled its head and purple mane into Rainbow’s chest for a moment before turning back to face Soarin, “Did you have fun mister Soarin?”

The Wonderbolt gave a small smile, not about to reveal that parties and things for young fillies were not his favorite, but he did enjoy the company in the end, “It was...interesting. In a good way. I didn’t know fillies could be that loud though.”

“Hey, I can be as loud as I want!” Scootaloo replied with a loud voice fit for Pinkie Pie, and painful for poor Dash who was directly beside her.

As Rainbow Dash rubbed an ear with a hoof Scootaloo put on a sheepish face, “Hehe, whoops, forgot you were right there.”

Rainbow Dash just gave her trademark smirk to the filly as she rubbed her purple mane, “Don’t mind that blockhead. I’m just glad you had fun, no matter the volume.”

Scootaloo instantly resumed glomping the blue mare’s leg and nuzzling into her, “Thank you so much Rainbow Dash! This has to be the best day ever!”

While the energetic filly continued this display Soarin had something on his mind he felt like voicing, “So what now? Is that it?”

Rainbow Dash looked up to him with a blushing face, telling herself she only was allowing this sappy display because it was Scootaloo’s birthday, “Well, I was planning on taking Scoots to the theater.”

“Ponyville has one of those? I didn’t know you liked plays.”

Dash sighed and shook her head, exasperated by his misunderstanding, “Movie theater, Soarin. We were going to see Paddock Rim. Care to come hang with us?”

Remembering his own viewing of the movie, Soarin nodded before growing hesitant, “Sure, but isn’t that movie a bit...mature for a filly?”

Scootaloo instantly stopped her face nuzzling to jump away from Dash and jab a hoof in Soarin’s direction, her face appearing as tough as she could manage, “I’m not a scaredy-pony, I can take it!”

Rainbow put a hoof on Scootaloo’s head to ruffle her hair, “I’m sure you can, Scoots. Soarin here just is remembering how he was about ready to fly out of the theater when we saw it. Isn’t that right, Soarin?”

“You said you wouldn’t tell anypony!” Soarin declared in anguish, causing both Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash to start laughing their flanks off.

Between laughs Scootaloo choked out, “It’s okay mister Soarin, everypony is scared of something.”

“Some more than others,” Dash whispered, only to send both of them into a new fit of laughter.

Soarin decided to take a stand against the female duo, “It’s okay Dash, remember that I can name a few things that scare you too.”

“Hah, Rainbow Dash isn’t scared of anything!” Scootaloo declared proudly.

“Is that right? Then why won’t she come visit my parent’s house after I went to hers already? Or how about when she choked up before the young flier’s competition-”

Now Rainbow jabbed a hoof in front of Soarin’s mouth, cutting her coltfriend off, “Enough about me, how about we go and see the movie?”

A big smile with all teeth showing was Scootaloo’s way of showing her excitement, along with the fluttering of her small wings, “Can we get a ton of popcorn?”

Rainbow Dash pushed the filly towards the door in a signal to get going, “Of course we can. Wouldn’t be much of a movie without some!” the mare turned to Soarin with a cheeky smile as she mimicked Rarity’s voice, “Soarin will go and get the free refills, won’t you darling?”

Soarin chuckled a bit, “I just can’t win today, can I?”

“More refills you go and get, the less alien gore you’ll see,” Rainbow stated as a fact.

That made him smile.

Scootaloo grabbed an object with wheels off the wall and opened the door, slapping a helmet on as she began to leave, “Come on, if we don’t get going we’re going to be late!”

Soarin observed the small contraption Scootaloo now rode away from Sugarcube Corner with and started to voice this curiosity when he was once again cut off, this time with a stare, “Is that a-”

Rainbow Dash’s serious glare halted his words, but her eyes quickly softened and she made her way past him out the door, “Well, let’s get going! I can’t wait to see it again!”

Soarin shrugged at the sudden mood whiplash of his marefriend and chalked it up to her being a girl, and soon found himself running after the two with him pies in tow in his bags.


One long monster beat em up later, the trio of pegasi found themselves outside the theater late at night. Late for Scootaloo that was, for she was about to fall over on her scooter and her eyes were mostly closed.

Rainbow Dash scooped Scootaloo into her hooves and smiled down at the tired filly, “It’s getting late, huh? You have school tomorrow, so we’d better get you to sleep.”

“I’m not tired...” said the filly who couldn’t finish the sentence due to being asleep in the furry hooves of Rainbow Dash. Both Soarin and Rainbow smiled down at the orange filly as she slept peacefully, her half on helmet falling to the ground as she shifted a little.

Soarin reached for the filly, unable to stop a larger smile from forming on his face as he looked at the cute filly, “Here, I got her. I’m better at flying with passengers than you.”

Rainbow Dash relented and handed Scootaloo over, the filly remaining dead asleep, and picked up her helmet and scooter instead, “Just because I dropped you that one time doesn’t mean I am bad at carrying ponies, it means you eat too much pie.”

Soarin stuck his tongue out at her before taking off. Once in the air, he found that he had no idea where he was supposed to bring this filly. Shouldn’t her parents be worried she was out this late? “Where are we going by the way?”

“My house,” Rainbow Dash stated plainly, giving no explanation.

Soarin nodded before processing that information, “Oh, okay-” they were dozens of feet in the air before his brain clicked, “Wait, what?”

Rainbow Dash didn’t respond to him, instead flying silently towards her home with Soarin beside her. Her face was mostly composed, but Soarin knew her well enough to know that her being quiet of all things was definitely a sign that all things were not okay, “Is everything okay, Dashie?”

Rainbow gave off a small sigh, “Yeah, I guess I’m just kind of feeling, well, anxious...”

“What about?”

She didn’t respond in an instant, instead biting her lip as she thought about how to phrase what she was going to say, “I’m thinking about adopting Scootaloo since she doesn’t have a family. She’s been living with me a couple days now and I just have been thinking it’d make sense, but I...” Rainbow looked over to Soarin to meet his eyes, her own showing a wariness not common in the mare, “I’m cool with being like her big sister, but by taking her in I’m not sure I can be a mom to her too.”

Soarin did his best not to drop his jaw. Rainbow Dash, miss reckless and danger, thinking about adopting a young kid? That was something he didn’t see coming, “Wow, I can see why you’re nervous. This is a big thing for you,” Soarin replaced any shock on his face with a warm grin, trying to cheer her up, “But whatever you do, I’m behind you all the way Dash! She seems like a great filly, and I don’t think many others out there deserve someone as great as you to take care of them.”

Dash wanted to nuzzle with him for his support, but didn’t do so because of their flight, “Thank you Soarin. It means a lot to me,” after a brief moment of thinking, Rainbow came up with an idea, “You wouldn’t mind helping me though, would you? I mean, I know it’s asking a lot, but I’m not sure I can do this by myself.”

The Wonderbolt nodded to her happily, “I love you Dashie. Of course I’ll help you in whatever way I can.”

“You’re so sweet. Be careful, or else Pinkie might think you’re candy!” the blue mare let out a content sigh, “And after I think about it a bit more, I think I’ll talk to Twilight when she’s not busy. She’ll know what I need to do to adopt Scootaloo. She even knows what its like to raise a child because of Spike.”

“Is Spike the dragon I’ve heard about?” there weren’t many dragons amongst ponykind, so Soarin thought he’d ask given what he’d been able to learn from time with Rainbow Dash’s friends.

“The one and only. I haven’t been able to tell if Twilight’s like his mom or sister, but I guess in this case it doesn’t matter since I’ll be kind of both to Scootaloo.”

Soarin looked down to the sleeping filly in his hooves, her orange fur pressed up close against his due to his tight hold, “Does she know?”

Rainbow Dash’s face became a bit more neutral at that question, as if it were something she didn’t particularly like, “I’m not entirely sure. I’m not even sure if she’ll want me to. I’ve got to talk to her about it.”

“She worships the ground you walk on and the air you fly through, I’m pretty sure she would love to have a better bond with you. I know I like sharing one with you!”

Rainbow stuck her tongue out at him playfully, “How’d Spitfire ever let somepony so goofy and cheesey into the Wonderbolts?”

“She’s much more relaxed off duty, ya know. Even uses an entirely different voice!”

The Wonderbolt in training laughed because of the truth in his statement, “You know, you’re right. Kind of odd,” calming down, Dash’s tone became inquisitive and sweet, “Hey Soarin?”

“Yes Dash?”

“You said you like-like me.”

He scoffed playfully, “Is saying love really that hard?”

“More ya use it the less it means. Anyways, I was thinking-”

“A dangerous prospect,” he snarked, knowing he could only get away with it since she wouldn’t dare hit him while he was caring Scootaloo mid air.

“Hey, I’m not dumb!” Dash replied in a vindictive whisper before settling back into her previous voice, “So, what I was going to ask was if you love me enough to be there with me when I break the news to my parents about Scoots?”

Soarin’s eyes blanked, staring off into space.

“Soarin?......Soarin? You okay there?”

“Soarin? Oh my gosh, did I break him?”