• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 4,273 Views, 83 Comments

This Grey Path We Walk - ElectricDream



*Unofficial Sequel to RAINBOW FACTORY* Read rainbow factory to understand what is happening.

  • ...
4
 83
 4,273

Retribution for all your sins

Chapter 3

Extra thanks to hasbrohoof for your help with ideas, and such, thanks :D

And then it hit her, literally.

The royal guard had just lunged forward and smacked her right in the face, splattering blood up the wall like someone had decided to splatter paint on a canvas, except this wasn't paint, this was her blood, and there was lots of it.

"See how you like it!"

He hit her again, harder this time, smacking her head against the cold, hard stone wall behind her, letting of a loud thud.

And yet she didn't cry, or wince, she just lay there, blood oozing from her wounds

'I deserve this,' she thought, 'every hit...... a retribution to all my sins....."

After what felt like hours, the guards stopped their assault, and simply left as if they had done nothing at all. Rainbow lay there, for hours, slowly bleeding, until scabs formed over her deep wounds. She was weak, she could not move, simply lie there and sob, listening to the echoes of sounds distant of in the mountain, the gentle flowing of the wind along the corridor outside the cell.

It was another hour before she saw another pony, and even then it was a guard to through water on her and the cell, to clean it out, it made her even colder, yet she still lay there, shivering, sobbing, thinking.

Her sins had come around, now she knew what it felt to be intimidated, knowing that she was probably going to die. She felt the walls closing in on her, the cold dark stone, oppressing, in some way mocking her, this was the worst she had felt since she was a small filly, being mocked by the school bullies. Then she had a thought, she had overcome the bullies, so why couldn't she overcome this, yes, she would survive, she would of paid her price, and when she was free, she would do some good, make up as much as she could for her sins.

She heard hoofsteps, those guards, come for more, well; she wouldn't let them get her down.

"Well well well, still alive are we? Anyway, we had the perfect idea, me and philip here, we thought we’d show you were all you little factory friends are being tortured."

And with that they entered her cell, with grins upon their faces, and dragged her out by her mane, down some corridors, and up a flight of stairs. She had to admit, it was agonising, and being dragged by your hair for that distance can leave one with bold patches and blood smears, like it had done with Rainbow.

She found herself on a small balcony, overlooking a large, somewhat unearthly room, filled with tools of suffering, pain, and evil. There were many ponies, both stallions and mares, all factory workers, tied, shackled, and dead, with guards standing around them, ripping their stomachs out, whipping them, and generally being as horrible and as messy as they could with the many implements they had at their disposal.

"If it was up to us mule, we’d have you down there, but the Princess specifically asked you not to be killed, so here you are, watching you factory friends being brutally killed, isn't it somewhat.... pleasant?"

She couldn't take anymore, she emptied what little was in her stomach on the floor in a violent coughing fit.

"DAMN IT, WHO'S GOING TO HAVE TO CLEAN THAT UP NOW?" Shouted the Stallion that was called Philip, as he kicked Rainbow down the flight of stairs, it was a painful descent, and left her in no state to try and escape, so she lay there as the other guard ran down to her, grabbed her by the mane, and dragged her back to her cell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scootaloo was in a strange place, it was like a forest, but no leaves, and the trees were close together, obstructing her view, leaning in towards her, as if they were going to feast on her flesh.

Then the scene melted away, she was in the arena again, about to take her flight test, but all the fillies were shouting abuse, calling her worthless, a failure, then the judges failed her, sneering as they did it, she began the long walk down the corridor that led to the car, the car that would take her away. It was linger then she remembered, twisting somewhat.

Next thing she knew she was back in the factory, hanging by the shackles above the blood splattered gears, twitching in anticipation as if they couldn't wait to grind her up.

And in front of her, was Rainbow Dash, her old mentor, the person she had looked up to so much, staring right at her, with a satanic grin on her face, and the mad look in her eyes.

And then she was descending, slowly, about to be turned into pure Spectra, she could feel the gears beginning to grind her, the pain of it all paralysed her, she couldn't move or scream, and just as her head went through, she saw Rainbow laughing at her, calling her a worthless fool.

She woke up with a start, shivering though it was warm, crying to herself, it had all been a dream, she knew that all along, but it felt real, she mocking, the smell of blood, the pain of the gears processing her.

She sat there for hours, in her room, not daring to go back to sleep lest she return to hell.

"Damn you," she whispered, "damn you to hell."


To be continued...