• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 4,273 Views, 83 Comments

This Grey Path We Walk - ElectricDream



*Unofficial Sequel to RAINBOW FACTORY* Read rainbow factory to understand what is happening.

  • ...
4
 83
 4,273

Where all your fear and horrors come true.....

Chapter 2

Extra thanks to hasbrohoof for your help with ideas, and such, thanks :D

"Well," thought Rainbow, as she sat in her cell, located deep down in the bowels of the mountain that housed Canterlot, "What have I done?"

The dungeon was overwhelmed with silence, every little sound was deafening. A cool breeze was like a storm, the light swaying of chains like thunder, and Dash's own heartbeat like was the beating of drums, 'the perfect place,' thought Rainbow, 'the perfect place to think.'

And then a scream, the harrowing scream of one in pain, echoing across the rocky caverns and corridors that made up this place, she recognised that scream, the scream of Dr. Atmosphere, who until recently, was a very close to Rainbow.

"Ah well," She thought aloud, "we all deserve this, for what we did..."

And once again, her world descended once more, into silence.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT?!?!" Screamed Twilight, "No, no no no, not Rainbow Dash, she would never ever do that, never..."
The look on her face gave away her doubt, no matter how hard she believed it weren't true, there was no doubt, if Princess Celestia says it's true, then it's true.

Even Pinkie Pie didn't look her usual, jovial self. Her hair was straight, instead of the tangled curly way it usually was, and her face, all of their faces, had the look of hurt on them, for no-one could take this kind of betrayal from someone they knew, and once again, they were all speechless.

"I'm afraid, my little ponies, there is nothing you can do for her now, she has committed such horrible things and must pay for them, it saddens me to say this, but please, all of you, go home, for your own sakes."

If it was any other day, they would of refused to go home, but this wasn't a normal day, they had been betrayed by someone they held close, and it hurt, all of them, it hurt them a lot. And so they cantered out of the palace, into the shining sunlight, it was generally a lovely day, birds chirping, the occasional cloud in the sky, but they were too glum to notice any of this, and so they left Canterlot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Darling, calm please, you'll scare the baby"

It came with some relief to Scootaloo, that she was not in fact hanging over those large, ominous gears by shackles about to be turned into pure Spectra by someone she felt to be as much as family as her own parents.
But the feeling lingered, it had still happened, and there was nothing, nothing, she could do to change the past.

"I'm going out for a walk." Groaned Scootaloo.

"But sweetheart, it's night time; you should be getting to sleep."

"No, I can't, not back to those horrible dreams, I need some time alone, time to think."

And then she left.

She walked for what felt like hours, all around Ponyville, through all the familiar places, Sugarcube Corner, past the Town Hall, even past the Library, all these places she knew, places she had grown up knowing, yet, they didn't seem real to her. They felt like they belonged to some fragmented dream from long ago, she couldn't help it, but she cried, for the next hour or so she cried, she hated life, she hated everything, nothing was worthwhile anymore, she just wanted to k- NO, how could she thinks such horrible things, after surviving all that just to end it all anyway, she couldn't...

So she walked, not stopping, not caring, she walked.

And then it dawned upon her, it was all her fault, R- no, she wouldn't stoop so low as to use her name, she would simply use, it, yes, it, it is nothing more than a monster, it was all its fault, one day, she would make it suffer, yes, it would suffer, suffer like her. An evil grin crept across Scootaloo's face, the kind of grin that would scare away most ponies.

For the first time in days, she smiled, her eyes sparkled with determination, she began to think, ideas swirled around in her head, sick twisted ideas of the things she would do to it, in fact, some were so sick, that if any normal pony was there to listen to her ramblings, surely they themselves would be driven to the brink.

Scootaloo had finally cracked, and she loved it.

Suddenly, the silence was broken, it had begun to rain, storm clouds were gathering above, ready to unload themselves on the land, and so she walked.

She found herself some time later at the edges of the Everfree forest, sheltering under a tree, still thinking, and she stayed there, for the rest of the morning, in her own little fantasy world, and there she stayed for hours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was scared, truly scared, Rainbow Dash had never been so intimidated in her life, two royal guards had just walked into her cell with a look of pure malevolence on their faces, and what's more, they were covered in blood, fresh blood.

"HA, look at her, cowering, hard to believe a mule like that could of done stuff like that."

"Well well, looks like this will be easy, hey there, we're only going to hurt you, hurt you a lot."

"After what you did to my little cousin Scootaloo, I'm going to make you pay!"

And then he luged for her, and she did nothing...

To be continued...