• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 3,482 Views, 37 Comments

Assassin's Creed: The Ponyville Chronicles - RoflNom



A mysterious unicorn, dressed in a dark blue and purple cloak, arrives in Ponyville.

  • ...
8
 37
 3,482

Chapter 8: Enemy

When ShadowCaster awoke, he found himself in a dark, seemingly empty room. All he could remember was trying to run from the Elements and failing, yet again. When he tried to move, he noticed that he was tied to a chair. He quickly started to move his hooves, but with no luck.

"There's no point in try to get out of those restraints. They are magic after all." Said a voice from somewhere in the room. "All you need to do is tell me why you came here. And I mean tell me everything."

ShadowCaster sighed. "You know, Doctor, if you want to interrogate somepony you should try to be more intimidating."

There was a rustling sound followed by a few whispers. After a brief silence, the Doctor stepped into view. "How did you know it was me? I wasn't in sight and it could have been anypony talking to you." He said, sounding more annoyed than confused.

"Its pretty obvious," ShadowCaster replied, "First of all, you're the only stallion that knows anything about me. Also, those mares wouldn't hurt a fly."

The Doctor sighed. "I told them this wouldn't work. Sadly, nopony ever listens the me. Alright, enough of this." He said, stepping closer. "Why did you come to Ponyville, and what is the Brotherhood planning?"

"I've already told you why I'm here. I came to watch those six mares and make sure that the Templars aren't using them." ShadowCaster said. "As for what we're planning, I'm not saying a word. I am no traitor."

The Doctor was silent for a few moments, deep in thought. "Why would the Templars even need the Elements of Harmony? They have enough power, control, and influence to stop the Brotherhood on their own." He turned back to ShadowCaster. "Unless you lot have done something to get them riled up and worried. Did your higher-ups mention what they would do with the information you came to gather."

ShadowCaster closed his eyes. "Like I said, I'm not telling you anything. I'm not going to turn my back on my brothers." He said.

The Doctor started to get frustrated. He walked closer to ShadowCaster, and spoke to him angrily. "If you don't tell me what I want to know, there will be serious consequences. I have done things that would leave the most horrible of monsters with looks of horror and disgust."

ShadowCaster laughed aloud. "Do you really think that threatening me will change my mind? You have no idea what we go through just to enter the Brotherhood." He narrowed his eyes with a smirk. "Do. Your. Worst."

The Doctor stared down with the tied pony in front of him. They remained like that for several seconds, but in the end he looked away. He turned and started walking into the darkness that surrounded them. "We'll continue this later. I will break you." He opened a door, letting in a flood of light, then quickly closed it.

ShadowCaster was left alone in the pitch black room. Not a sound could be heard, inside or outside of the room. He tried to move his hooves a little more, but with no luck. There was no way for him to escape. They would keep him like this for as long as it took them to break him, which wasn't going to be an easy task, or until he fashioned a way to escape.

His eyes had begun to adjust to the darkness. He could see much clearer than several minutes before. After a quick inspection, he saw that the room he was kept in looked much like a normal basement, meaning he was either still inside the home of Fluttershy or somewhere else nearby. That also meant that there wouldn't be any real form of security. They had kept this within themselves. Or so he thought.

______________________________________________________________________________


"Nothing? Not even a word?" Twilight asked.

The Doctor sighed as he sat down on the library's couch. "No, he took being captured better than I expected. Its almost like he's used to it." He said.

"Maybe we should just beat it out of him? That'll show 'em!" Rainbow Dash said angrily.

"No, we can't do that! We can't just hurt another pony!" Yelled Fluttershy.

"I'm not sure I can consider him a true pony. He's an Assassin. They're trained killers, fighting for their own jumbled beliefs." The Doctor said. "I was there for the first time the Assassins came around. It wasn't a pretty sight."

Twilight looked around at the other six ponies in the room with her. "Then what are we supposed to do? He won't tell us anything, and I don't think any of us are capable of torturing him."

"I don't know but-" The Doctor was cut off by the sounds of knocking. "Now, who could that be? Its barely noon." He walked to the door and opened it to reveal three heavily armored ponies. Their armor had the new symbol of Princess Celestia on it and was painted red and white.

"Is this the residence of a Twilight Sparkle?" One of the ponies asked.

Twilight made her way next to the Doctor. "Yes, that would be me. Can I help you with something?"

"We are of the Princess's, err, special forces. We were told that you had a unique visitor and she sent us to assist you." Another of the ponies said.

The Doctor laughed. "Ha! Special forces? Yeah, right. I know exactly who you three are and why you're here. I'm telling you right now, leave. We all know how this will end if I let you through this door, and I don't care what you say, its not happening." He said sternly.

The first armored pony stepped closer to the Doctor. "And who exactly are you?" He asked.

"Why, I'm the Doctor!" He said, putting a hoof to his chest proudly.

The three armored ponies shared glances, then turned back to the Doctor. "Then we are to arrest you for acts of terrorism against Princess Celestia and Equestria."

"That's righ- Wait, what?!" He yelled, his eyes widening. "I'm no terrorist! What could have possibly given you all that idea?!"

"You were seen assisting the Assassin. Now, give us the Assassin and come with us. You shall be tried and punished by Celestia herself." The third pony in the group said.

"Uh, right. Let me think about that for a second." He said. Suddenly he shut the door, and pulled his sonic screwdriver out of his... pocket. He pointed it at the door and a click from its lock was heard a few seconds later. "Alrighty then. Now that the Templars know where our Assassin friend is and they think I'm helping him, we have a very, very, very big problem. That door should hold them for a little."

A loud crash was heard and the group turned to see the head of an axe lodged in the door. It was pulled out and struck against the door again.

"What was that about the door holding them, Doctor?" Twilight said.

The Doctor started looking around the room. "Let me think, let me think. I'm being considered a terrorist for giving an Assassin a tour of Ponyville and those ponies outside are probably under orders to kill our tied up friend. But, why?"

"Wait, orders to kill? But they're Celestia's personal guard. Why would she tell them to kill somepony?" Twilight asked.

The Doctor turned to look at the six mares behind him. "Listen to me. There are things that you are not meant to know. Horrible things, all cause by the Princesses. Have you noticed that Princess Luna hasn't been around lately? Well, there's a reason for that." He said.

"And what exactly is that reason?" Twilight asked.

"I can't let you know that. It would change everything. You all need to leave, go home. Act as if none of this ever happened. These ponies won't hurt you, you're too valuable of assets for them to lose." The Doctor said.

"But-" Twilight said before being interrupted by sounds from the door being destroyed.

"No 'buts'! Just, please, trust me on this. I'll take care of everything. Just go!" The Doctor yelled.

The six mares stood there, shocked, for a few seconds. They all turned to leave through the back door. The Doctor turned back and headed into the basement.

______________________________________________________________________________


"And you haven't gotten a single letter or anything from him?"

"Unfortunately not. It has been almost five four days. He should have sent a report by now."

"And so, you want me to go save his flank. Again."

"If he needs the saving, yes. Even if not, remain there with him."

"As you wish. I should arrive there by the end of the day. How will I find him?"

"That is your task, not mine. You will figure that out on your own."

"Of course. Stupid colt, always getting himself in trouble. How he got this assignment, I'll never know."

______________________________________________________________________________


As the Doctor came through the door, ShadowCaster could hear the sounds from upstairs. He looked up at the stallion that came into the room. "Hey, back already? If you expect me to talk, don't even bother." He said.

The Doctor walked right up to his face. "Listen to me. The Templars are here, and they're looking for you. They think I'm helping you, which means that they'll kill me, too, if they get the chance. I've sent the Elements home. They won't be harmed." He said.

ShadowCaster just stared at him intently. "And why are you telling me this? That's perfect right? I'll be capture, tortured for information, and then be killed. Just what you wanted, isn't it?"

"No, I never wanted this to happen. I really hate to say this, but I need your help."

ShadowCaster laughed. "After everything, you expect me to just help you? You knocked me unconscious and tied me to a chair. You even threatened me. What's in it for me if I do help you?" He said.

"Oh, I don't know. I could just leave you here with three heavily armored Templars." The Doctor said in an annoyed tone.

That shut ShadowCaster up. He quickly grew nervous. "Alright, you've made your point. Untie me, give me my gear, and I'll handle this." He quickly said.

The Doctor went about untying the Assassin, whose cloak and various blades were all in a corner of the room. In about half a minute, he had the cloak on and his blades hooked and sheathed onto his belt. He two gauntlets were back on his hooves, and he tested them a few times.

"I'm all set. Let me just ask one question: Why haven't the Templars gotten down here yet?" ShadowCaster asked, "We've given them plenty of time, right?"

The Doctor looked back at the door, silently thinking. "You're right," He said after a while, "its been about three or so minutes. Surely it can't take that long to break down a wooden door with axes."

"Wait, did you say axes? Typical Templars don't carry axes!" ShadowCaster yelled in panic.

"Why are you freaking out? And what do you mean 'typical Templars'?" Asked the confused Doctor.

ShadowCaster started pacing. "Most Templars carry broadswords and similar weapons. Only Guard Captains and... and..." He abruptly ended the sentence with a gulp.

"And what?" The Doctor asked.

ShadowCaster shook his head. "Only Guard Captains and Templar Knights tend to carry such weapons. Tell me, what did their armor look like?" He asked.

The Doctor tapped his hoof against his chin. "Let me see. Oh, right! They were wearing white robes over steel armor. They had the Templar cross on it, too. Does that really matter?" He replied.

The Assassin sighed. "Yeah, it looks like we're up against Knights. And before you ask, they are both important and dangerous. There are only about sixty of them across the world, spread throughout the different nations that have Templar influence. They are the best and strongest the Templars have." He said.

"Can you beat them? Or at least fight them?" The Doctor asked worriedly.

"Let's see. I'm still considered a weak fighter. I'm more experienced with stealth assassinations. Oh, and I'm weak with magic, too. What do you think?" ShadowCaster said with a slightly angry tone.

The Doctor let out a sigh. "Well then, what should we-" He was cut off by the sound of a crash and several heavy hoofsteps. He turned back to the Assassin. "Run?" He asked.

"Run."

______________________________________________________________________________


A/N: Well, hey! This is finally back! I have to say, it felt good writing this again. And to know that this has 1,000 views makes me really happy. While Legendary is still my main priority, know that I'll try to update this more often. This chapter took quite a while to write, mostly due to the lack of ideas. Eventually, though, something came to me. Hope you enjoy it!

Also, I'm looking for someone who can do some cover art for this, If anyone is interested in helping with that, please send me a message.