• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 3,472 Views, 37 Comments

Assassin's Creed: The Ponyville Chronicles - RoflNom



A mysterious unicorn, dressed in a dark blue and purple cloak, arrives in Ponyville.

  • ...
8
 37
 3,472

Chapter 7: A Rock and a Hard Place

Author's Note: Sorry for putting this up a day late. An hour of gaming and skyping with friends turned into a 16 hour long session. I really need to learn to keep better track of time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Of course, but what seems to be the problem?" Fluttershy said as she guided the group into her living room.

"Last night the Doctor, Spike, and myself were attacked by a pony claiming to be seeking information on the Elements of Harmony. Princess Celestia sent a letter warning me about him, but by that time he already tricked the Doctor into helping him and was brought to the library."

Fluttershy had to take a moment to think about the situation. In her eyes, hurting another pony was something she just couldn't imagine. If somepony out there tried to hurt her friends, she had to help catch him.

"By the way, Fluttershy," Twilight said, pulling her from her thoughts, "Is there somepony else here? I thought I heard another voice before you opened the door."

Fluttershy, looking back at the stairs, nodded, "Yes, somepony asked me if they could stay here for the night. He said he was new to Ponyville, and I felt bad about leaving him out at night."

Twilight and the Doctor exchanged glances before the Doctor spoke, "And where is your guest at? You're talking about how he stayed here for the night, yet he's nowhere to be seen?"

Fluttershy began to think that it was strange that ShadowCaster rushed upstairs when her friends had arrived. She didn't think that he was the type of pony that would hurt another. She moved those thoughts out of her mind and went back to the question she was asked.

"He's upstairs at the moment. You're knocking had woken him up, and he went to use the restroom. Though he was in a rush, it didn't seem all that strange at the time."

The Doctor looked back at the group of mares behind him. Sitting there, having been quiet for the most part, were AppleJack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and, surprisingly, Pinkie Pie. He motioned towards the stairs, and received a nod from Rainbow Dash. She stood up and walked to and up the stairs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upstairs

ShadowCaster had locked himself in the bathroom upstairs. After realizing that he had no way out since, for some reason, there were no windows on the second floor. He hadn't been able to check Fluttershy's room for a means of escape as it had been locked.

By this point, he had already began to panic. There were 7 of them against him alone. Even with those against fighting, he was still outnumbered. He couldn't see a way out of this, and he probably didn't have much time until somepony came upstairs looking for him.

Almost as if on cue, he heard the sound of hoofsteps coming up the wooden stairs. They were slow, but wouldn't take long for whoever it was to reach the top. He had to think of something that could give him a chance at escaping. Then he remembered something one of his old teachers had told him.

If you can't sneak or fight your way out, do the next best thing. Charge it head on.

After taking the time to facehoof, he remembered who had said that to him. The stubborn drunkard with a concussion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ponyville Gates
Three hours earlier

"So, this is the town, eh?"

"Yeah. From the looks of it, we should be able to find the Assassin in a matter of hours."

"Even with a town this size, we have no leads as to where he could be. How are we going to go about finding him?"

"Worry not, for the Sun will guide us. We will find our pony."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upstairs

When he started calming down, ShadowCaster noticed that the hoofsteps stopped. That meant that either they left or a Pegasus was sent up after him. There was a better chance of it being the latter, but he was hoping that the group had left.

After a brief silence, ShadowCaster decided to move closer to the door and try to listen for anypony on the other side of the door. As he moved closer, somepony tried to open the door.

"Hello? Is there anypony in there? If you're trying to hide, theres no point. We know you're here, and we aren't going anywhere anytime soon."

With the pony on the other side saying that, ShadowCaster didn't have any other options. He unlocked the door and moved back.

"At least you're willing to be smart about this. We just want to ask you some questions," the pony said as she opened the door to the bathroom.

As the door opened, ShadowCaster ran straight at the rainbow maned mare on the other side. Surprised, Rainbow Dash hovered out of the way of the running pony, giving chase shortly after. ShadowCaster bolted down the stairs to see the group standing on the other side of the room.

"There he is! Don't let him escape!" Was all he heard as the front door magically shut, causing him to slam headfirst into it. He fell back, staring at the ceiling, his vision getting slightly blurry.

"Twilight, I think you may have over done it, just a tad." Said Rarity, in a somewhat concerned tone.

"Hey! Look! He was cross-eyed for a second there! Kinda like Dizty!" Pinkie Pie yelled, getting a few strange stares for the sudden outburst. But, they were used to it for the most part.

"All other things aside, we can finally start getting some answers. Rainbow Dash and AppleJack, I need you two to stand watch outside. We don't know if he has anypony else with him, and we can't take any chances." The Doctor ordered, in which the two mares obliged and walked out the front door.

"Um, Doctor?" Twilight asked, "What are we going to do with him? We're not going to hurt him, are we?"

The Doctor looked down at the barely conscious pony on the ground. He didn't plan on hurting him, but he did plan on getting some real information from him. "I'm not sure. If it gets us what we want, than maybe. Though, from what we've seen, he can be very tough."

Twilight looked at the Doctor with both fear and understanding. She then looked at ShadowCaster who had begun to start coming to again. After a nod from the Doctor, she aimed her horn at ShadawCaster, casted a spell, and knocked him unconscious once again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ponyville Square
Present

"Any luck finding him yet?"

"Not for me, but a few say that they saw a pony by his description heading towards the Everfree Forest."

"Is there anything out their out in that area which he could use to hide?"

"Yes, there is a small cottage out there that belongs to one of the bearers of the Elements. He could be hiding there, but it's highly unlikely."

"It's the only lead we have. We should head there immediately."