• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 3,482 Views, 37 Comments

Assassin's Creed: The Ponyville Chronicles - RoflNom



A mysterious unicorn, dressed in a dark blue and purple cloak, arrives in Ponyville.

  • ...
8
 37
 3,482

Chapter 2: The Pony in the Blue Box

Author's Note: Due to the first chapter being too short, I have to publish this chapter as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a long ride to Ponyville, as the train had made stops it both New Saddle and Canterlot. It had already taken several hours to arrive at the final stop in Ponyville, and ShadowCaster spent most of the evening planning his actions out and resting. He planned to enter Ponyville before sunrise to avoid being seen. He did not, however, know where he would stay during his time there. He hoped on there being an Inn of some sort, but his hopes had a tendency to be crushed.

He felt the train begin to slow down and halt at the station. He placed his bag on his back and left his cubicle. There had been a fewer number of ponies on board the train than when he began his trip from Stalliongrad. It was to be expected after the stop at Canterlot and the fact that Ponyville wasn't the largest and most exciting place in Equestria. As he stepped off the train he noticed that the sun had begun to rise already, making his plan less likely to succeed.

ShadowCaster began to walk towards what appeared as the villages center. He looked around at several buildings, mostly made of wood and straw. Many were completely dark, but a few were lit up.

Not a whole to do at the moment other than start looking for a place to stay. He thought to himself. He felt strange all of a sudden, as if there was somepony watching him.

He turned to the silhouette of a stallion standing behind him. The stallion simply stood there and stared at ShadowCaster, making him feel very uncomfortable.

Finally, the pony in front of him spoke. "Isn't it a bit late for somepony to trotting about in the town center? Are you new to Ponyville or are you just lost in the dark?"

The pony spoke with an accent that ShadowCaster had never heard before. As he approached ShadowCaster, the stallion was revealed by the light of a nearby house. He had a light brown coat, a dark brown mane, and a cutie mark of an hourglass.

"Not many ponies tend to travel at night, but from what you're wearing I can tell you're not a tourist." He said, as a frown began to form on his face. "I'm surprised you lot are still around after everything that's happened. You know, with your leader falling and such."

ShadowCaster was shocked that anyone from such a small place could know about the Brotherhood. Then he realized something. Only the two groups knew about each other, which led to ShadowCaster's next action. He extended one of the blades hidden under his hoof and dashed at the pony a few feet in front of him. He pounced on top of the brown pony, and moved his blade's tip to his throat.

"The only ponies that could possibly know of who I am are those of the Brotherhood and the Templars. And since you're not dressed as either, I will give you a chance to explain exactly what you know of me and the Brotherhood. If you decide to refuse, I will be forced to kill you in order to protect my brothers."

The stallion pinned on the ground simply looked ShadowCaster in the eye and spoke in a calm voice, as if there wasn't a blade at his throat.

"Now, now. No need to get your pants in a bunch. Then again, ponies don't normally wear clothes. Anyway, I would love to tell you what I know. Only problem is this is a much too public area for that. If you could be so kind as to accompany me to my shi—, I mean, my home I would tell you everything over some fresh muffins."

ShadowCaster had by this point retracted his blade and helped the pony on the ground to his feet. He had a gut feeling that he should trust this pony, but was still very much suspicious.

"Very well, I will follow you if it means I get some information. There may be other things you can assist me with. Just know, one wrong move and I will kill you."

The brown pony simply turned and began walking in the direction of the Everfree Forest.

"If you're planning on coming, hurry up. You don't know your way around Ponyville, and could get lost if you wander off. Celestia knows how often ponies get lost in places they don't belong."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is your home? Isn't it a bit small?"

By the time the two ponies arrived to brown pony's home, the sun had risen. His 'home' however seemed like nothing more than a small blue box.

"Also, you never gave me your name. Mine is ShadowCaster."

The other pony opened the small door to the box, gestured for ShadowCaster to enter, and stepped inside. ShadowCaster cautiously stepped inside the blue box, but instead of a cramped enclosure found a large room with a terminal of some sort in the center.

"It's... bigger on the inside." Was all that ShadowCaster was able to say due to both shock and confusion.

The brown pony just chuckled and introduced himself. "Yes, like I haven't heard that one before. My name is The Doctor, or Doctor Whooves. But that isn't important at the moment. What is important is why the Brotherhood is still around and why they've sent someone to a small town like Ponyville. I mean, you disappear for a thousand years, and then all of a sudden I see one trotting around in the dark."

ShadowCaster shook his head lightly. "The Brotherhood was never gone. Only in hiding after Luna was banished to the moon. We have been waiting, watching, and planning. As for why I am here, that I cannot tell you. Now then, time for you to answer my questions, Doctor."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had taken several hours for The Doctor to explain everything. Not because it was a long story, but simply because ShadowCaster didn't understand everything that he was told. The Doctor seemed very patient and had no problem going through some of the information for a second time.

"So... you're a time-traveling alien? And this box is your ship?" He asked very slowly, only to get a nod from The Doctor. "Alright, I believe you. For now, at least."

ShadowCaster glanced at one of the windows of the TARDIS. It had appeared to be noon by the time everything had been explained. He stood up and began to walk towards the door.

"Thank you for your time, Doctor, but I must get going. I need to focus on my task at hand. Do you know if there is a library in this town. I need to find some information, and I'm hoping that there's a book that can help me."

The Doctor jumped at the mention of the library. "Now, wait a moment. I'm positive that an Assassin wouldn't come to Ponyville without good reason. And the fact that you happen to need to go the town's library, which just happens to be the home a certain Twilight Sparkle. What exactly are you planning?"

ShadowCaster turned and opened the door of the TARDIS. "The Elements are safe for the moment. Until I get more information will they be seen as a threat."

As he left the box, The Doctor came trotting after him. "You're not going anywhere near those six alone if I have anything to say about it. I'll be accompanying you, which should be fine since I'm not an ally of neither the Brotherhood or the Templars. I'll only be there in case you do something stupid."

ShadowCaster didn't try to protest. "Just know, if you're seen with me and the Templars recognize me they'll come after you, too. But I can tell that it's a risk you're willing to take."