• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 638 Views, 8 Comments

Trials of Change - Guardian Steel Heart



As time progresses in Equestria, change will always follow.

  • ...
1
 8
 638

Chp. 3 Marshmallow Wings

The sound of their hoofs on the grand marble floor echoed throughout the hall as Stargaze and her escort headed for the throne room of Princess Celestia. The elegant hallway was dimly lit by the fresh morning sun with the dew reflecting off the stained glass of the windows. Both her armor and the armor of her escort gleam a graceful gold glow in the light.

“This is history in the making. Wouldn’t you think ma’am?” The Escort said quietly.

Stargaze chose not to answer. She could only grin for a brief second before she replaced it with an expressionless frown.
She had found it rather amusing how all the guards had went silent with all their eyes wide, and gazed upon her. How when the words of that Alicorn’s name and title reached their ears they all couldn’t believe it. Stargaze breathed in slowly as she recalled not believing it at first. But like what the guard said, history was in the making.

Soon they got to the door way that would allow them to enter Celestia’s throne room. The doors shined in the beating morning light on its reflective surface. Magnificent engraving covered the tall golden doors. Everypony knew that these doors used to be always open to those wishing to see the princesses. But in more recent times ever since the attempt on the changelings to invade Equestria, the doors remained shut except for important matters.
The escort stopped and stepped back with a bow and muttered “We may be sitting here for a while miss Stargaze, Celestia has been quite busy lately.”

“Well then we might as well get comfortable.” She said while rolling her eyes “Why do I feel like this wait will be boring?”

“Did I hear someone say that they’re going to be bored?” Said a faceless voice that was all too familiar to Stargaze.

“Not now Discord, I am not in the mood to have my wings replaced with tennis rackets.” Stagaze replied with a deadpan look on her face, she really didn’t care much for Discord regardless of him being ‘reformed’ by somepony.

“Awww, but come oooon Stargaze, I think the kiddies would just LOVE to see a pony with marshmallow wings with rainbows and hearts raining down upon the ponies.” The voice mused to on to Stargaze.

“I would rather fly through a rain storm.”

“That would be amusing, but it has to be raining chocolate milk, and that would be absolutely tasty.”

“Not really, and I highly doubt you can do half the stuff you claim to do.”

Suddenly, a great poof of smoke erupted in front of the two ponies. Soon the smoke began to clear as the form of Discord appeared tower above them. He was rather grotesque but humorous at the same time due to the large mix of animals that made up his body. The escort flinched while Stargaze stood there unmoved by this attempt of a grand entrance.

Come on, really Discord? Stargaze thought to herself as she held her ground.

“How could you, I feel so hurt that you doubt my abilities.” Discord said in mock disappointment “I work day and night to keep everypony’s day at least a little bit amusing, and this is the thanks I get?”

“Certainly a yes from me, you’re not amusing at all.” Said Stargaze slyly as she did her best to keep her poker face.

“Well it appears I have a critique here, no matter all I have to do is make you believe.” Discord said grinning at her with a very mischievous look on his face.

“So what are you exactly going to do? Make me click my hoofs and say there is no place like Discord?” She mused to him.

“As amusing as that would be, I think you need an attitude adjustment, and marshmallow wings.” Discord said slightly less amused.

“Fine, but you will never know why I doubt your all powerful ways.” She said, taking a chance.

“Oh? Please do tell.” Discord said quizzically to the young mare.

“Well you do all these things to so many other ponies, and sure, that is great and powerful. But I highly doubt you could take up a challenge that a mere simple pony could offer.” She said coolly, narrowing her eyes, and smiles up to him.

“Are you saying that I am a poor sport?!” Discord said no longer amused, but rather challenged.

“Oh whatever do you mean?” She sarcastically replied.

“I will have you know that any challenge you have is not below that of me. “ He said with a big menacing grin.

“Good, maybe then you can prove to this little poor mare that you are as amazing as you claim you are.” She faintly said, raising her hoof to her head.

“Very well, name your challenge.”

“But my doubts?”

“Rest them aside Stargaze, name your challenge.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes I am sure, just spit it out already!”

“I honestly doubt you could hold still for a full hour in the Royal Garden while being made purely out of honey.” She said challenging him.

“Alright, get ready to believe in me! After being stone for so long, this will be a piece of cake! Consider it done!” Discord said with obvious enthusiasm dripping from his voice. He held out his hand, a snap from his fingers, and he was gone.

That was easier than I thought she mused to herself as she looked over at the dumb founded escort. His jaw was far down as possible, and he seemed to try and figure out how she got away with it tricking Discord.

“Private, lift that chin up.” She said calmly “Now if you excuse me, I need to get into the throne room.”

“Wait, what?!? Why miss?” Asked the confused escort.

“Because unlike you, I have a child that I promised to help build a Snow Pony with up at the Crystal Empire.” She said rather annoyed as she placed her hoof on the doors.

“But it’s not time for you to be seen.” He said sharply.

“As much as I agree with you, I rather get this over with now.” She said keenly, and with that, she pushed the doors open.

Comments ( 7 )

We shall see how this goes. *begins reading*:coolphoto:

Okay now you must continue this! I demand you.:flutterrage:

Well.... its good. But it all seems very stiff and some of it has incorrect grammar and spelling . Your details are good but they lack.... emotion. Like, they just seem like you are saying: the sky is brilliantly blue, but with no emotion.

3317675 it has emotion just in my opinion detail that may not be needed to the plot, over detail can be a wonderful yet bad thing sometimes. Good plot and intro, just needs some editing on feels but I am sure he will get there :raritywink:

3317703 Of course! I didn't mean he needed tubs of emotion just really teeny tiny bits here and there. Not as importante as grammar though.:scootangel:

Male Alicorn! Say whaaat!?:pinkiegasp:

Before I read it, What is the Dark tag for ?

Login or register to comment