• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 453 Views, 7 Comments

Second Post Gets A Story - Anthology - Duplex Fields



"Second reply to this post gets a story!" An anthology of short fics written in real time, to prompts given by 4chan and other sources.

  • ...
4
 7
 453

Applejack teaching Applebloom to dance

"Ow! Watch where yer steppin'!" said Applejack crossly.

Applebloom bit her lower lip. "Sorry, sis!" she said, and looked down to watch her front hooves.

"Ow!" they both said, as their heads knocked together. They each sat back and rubbed their heads. Applejack sighed. "Let's take a break, sugar."

Applebloom, downcast, got up and walked into the kitchen. She got some lemonade, then rubbed her head again.

'Durnit,' she thought, 'Ah gotta learn this so's I can ask Spike to th'Saddle Hawkins dance!'

After a bit of rest, they got back to work. As the afternoon dragged on, Applebloom was beginning to suspect her big sister wasn't as accomplished a ballroom dancer as she thought.

Bedtime came too quickly. Applebloom was exhausted from all the prancing, and fell asleep.

--

Town hall stretched above her, and streamers hung from every wall and joist. It was the Sadie Hawkins dance. There were Silver Spoon and Ruby Tiara, dancing together and laughing. There was Twist, dancing with Spike. He was smiling at her, and she was smiling at him.

Applebloom looked down, and saw that she was wearing a leotard. Her hooves had metal tap shoes and the noise wouldn't stop wouldn't stop--

Applebloom opened her eyes. The moonlight seemed dimmer tonight. She got out of bed, and walked to the window. 'That was a horrible dream,' she thought, then rested her head on her forehooves. Why didn't her four hooves work together?

Winona the dog wagged her tail as Applebloom wandered through the darkened house in her pajamas. "Wanna play, girl?" asked Applebloom quietly. She grabbed a piece of rope in her mouth, and Winona quickly grabbed the other. They tugged, and Winona, as usual, pulled harder. But tonight, Applebloom was smarter; Winona stood on the carpet, and was quickly pulled along by Applebloom, who had made sure to remain on the wooden floor. They ended up going around in circles a few times before Applebloom let the dog win.

She went back upstairs and climbed into her bed, the nightmare's impact forgotten.

Among her many travels in the realms of sleep that night, Dream Pinkie Pie said to her, "It's a language for your hooves, silly." Some time after that, she danced gracefully under a pale white moon, with a handsome purple dragon, until the rooster crowed.

Author's Note:

>>26878444 Applejack teaching Applebloom to dance for Spike
6/6/2011