• Published 9th Apr 2013
  • 4,164 Views, 201 Comments

Change in Perspective - Quicksear



Discord has been meddling in other dimensions and to the horror of the Princess has brought a creature back from one of them to prove it.

  • ...
13
 201
 4,164

Wish Unwanted

Marc hit a stone floor amid a vast crashing sound. The light was unbearably bright, burning his eyes through their lids, shining so bright that he could see the outline of his bones through the hand he help up to protect himself. But seconds after it began, it faded, and he was lying on a cold stone floor. As he unwillingly slipped into a void, he heard a feminine scream and the bashing of metal. What the hell just hit me? He thought. And then he was gone.

Celestia was startled into screaming for the first time in years. Discord's vanishing, and the appearance of this...thing, were terrifying to say the least. It looked dead. Maybe it's fur had been stripped off by the heatflash that heralded its arrival .Discord reappeared then, already laughing at the Princess's aghast expression.

"Discord! What have you done!" She shouted. Suddenly the throne room's doors burst open. Luna stormed in, howling, to ram Discord against the wall by the throat. This sudden charge surprised even the elemental in its ferocity.

"You are not hurt, my sister?" Luna cried, looking to Celestia.

"No sister, but Discord has done something evil this day." Celestia said, looking down at the creature at her hooves.

"Come now, Celestia, this was our deal; I show you a piece of their world and in exchange I abandon it forever." Discord said nervously, the forleg pinning him to the wall blocking off his air. Luna was far stronger than he thought.

"No, Discord. Send it back, and we may not punish you too harshly."

"Ha!" Discord laughed, "You two are no longer in control of the Elements of Harmony!" He bent his neck to Luna's ear and whispered none too quietly, "Thanks to your defiance, the pair of you no longer represent them yourselves."

He turned to Celestia again. "If you want him sent back, you'll have to call in your precious little ponies to clean up...again. I cannot do it, only they can, when he's healed enough, of course. Harmony counters Chaos and all that." He pushed Luna away, and she did not resist., instead stepping back between Discord and her sister.

Discord was triumphant. Celestia could say nothing: what Discord said was true. "Discord... you realize what this means...for you?".

"Yes, Princess, I am aware that I will no longer be allowed to use my powers freely. Until you need help sending him back, that is." With that, Discord turned and left the room, head held high.

Luna trotted over to her crestfallen sister. "Dear Celestia, what has happened here?"

Celestia looked out of the windows at her glorious rising Sun. "Luna, I must contact Twilight Sparkle. At once."

*****

Marc slowly opened his eyes as his mind returned to him, and was immediately aware that something was wrong. He pushed the protestations of his body aside and tried to drink in the subtle warping of reality. Everything was different. Colour was more vivid, textures that should have looked sharp were softened. The very light hitting his eyes felt richer. He saw all this in a moment of pure clarity, as well as the glowing, hovering cloth mere inches from his face.

He shot up and slapped the cloth away, giving a small yelp as he fell off the edge of the bed he had been placed on. To his shock, under the blanket he was covered with, he was completely naked. He whipped his head around, his eyes finally settling on the purple...something, standing mere feet away with its head cocked in a curious expression. He was terrified.

Twilight was surprised when the odd creature shot up over the bed that afternoon. Celestia had warned Twilight of random and possibly violent reactions when the creature woke up during the briefing on this new assignment. This was was why Fluttershy had been rejected as a host for the time being. The Princess had instead built a special enchanted dwelling near the Everfree Forest in which to detain the creature. And now it was awake.

Twilight knew she had to inform the others at once, as well as the Princess, but she wasn't done with it yet. Her curiosity had gotten the better of her over the last three weeks. She had studied the creature, which the Princess titled a 'human', in its sleep. It did bother her that she had done so (downright embarrassed, at some points) but it had to be done. She still couldn't see why this creature was considered so dangerous. Now she could find out. With a sense of trepidation, she cleared her throat and said cheerily, "Hello"

This had to be some kind of sick joke, this weird, if very well animated plush toy. That's what it looked like. Then it looked up and spoke. Whatever it said it sounded cheerful. It had to be fake, otherwise it would be terrified like Marc himself was. Okay, Marc thought, this must be some psych test the doctors thought up to see if I've gone insane or not. He stood up calmly, buoyed by his assuption, and walked over to the puppet thing, He smiled at it, reaching out to touch the plastic head. "you are very well built, I must say. I could almost swear you were breathing an - Owww!" He screamed and jumped back, shaking his hand. The thing had gone into a crouch, the horn on its head glowing a purple light. It was...growling? he looked at his hand. Bite marks. He looked over at the creature, scared again, finally remembering what had happened before he had passed out. You're leaving! forever...

Marc went limp. He just slid to the floor, staring. "What are you?" he asked.

Twilight was worried. why had it smiled at her like that? And why had it tried to touch her? And why had her magical shield not stopped it?! Magic seemed to apply differently to it. She certainly did not mean to bite it, but it was saying things in a strange language. Maybe it had thought her easy to defeat, for it once again looked shocked. Drained. The last words it had spoken had sounded like a question, but what had it said? And her magic...she needed to speak with the Princess about this.

Twilight looked at the human for a while determining if she could turn around without it going for her. Eventually, it made a strange gesture with it forelegs, raising them up to the it's shoulder height, showing her...what? a sign of peace?

Twilight decided that she could back out of the room safely enough. The second she was through the door, she slammed it shut and galloped outside. She looked around wildly for somepony to help her. Seeing nopony at all, she quickly looked up, trying to find that rainbow streak on a cloud. "Please be there, please be there..." she muttered. The she saw a cyan hoof poking over a cloud above her." Oh, thank Celestia! Rainbow Dash! I need help!" Twilight shouted.

The hoof disappeared for a second, only to emerge at great speed with the rest of the pegasus it belonged to. "What's up, Twilight? Is that thing acting up in its sleep again? Need me to pin it down?" said rainbow dash, landing lightly beside Twilight.

"No!" twilight exclaimed, "He's awake! I have to tell the Princess, can you watch him for me?"

Rainbow Dash looked confused for a second, "Him? Its a colt? It doesn't matter, I got your back. but would you mind sending somepony else over, just to be safe, you know?"

"Of course, Ill send the next pony I see who knows about this." said Twilight, already turning to leave.

As she galloped away, Rainbow Dash gulped and went into the front room. The creature was held in the back room, facing the forest. Rainbow walked over, telling herself to be braver than this...she opened door slowly, worried about what she might see.

Author's Note:

There you are, some ponies at last. Pls review. Should be getting a bit more interesting from here on in.