• Published 9th Apr 2013
  • 1,136 Views, 19 Comments

Ladies and Horses - Lolsternater



A tale of two farmers and their encounter with a group of magical horses and a group of women who shouldn't be women.

  • ...
1
 19
 1,136

Chapter one - Boom

Two farmers, each a brother to the other, sat on their front deck each with their own case of caned beer. A news report had stated that at this night, around twelve thirty at night, a meteor shower would be visible. This was no normal meteor shower, the news had said that no shower had come so close to earth before ensuring the view to be a once in a life-time experience.

“Hey, dude, when’s this gonna be again?”

“Arg, I already told you five times. It apparently starts at half-past twelve, and it’s twenty-seven now so be patient.”

“Meh, you know I hate waiting for shit to happen. Kinda why we aren’t sleeping to do the shearing tomorrow, ‘cause I’ve already done it.”

“Yes, I know and I’ve already thanked you for it by buying the beer. But your constant chatter is starting to make me regret it.”

The brother fell silent, wanting to keep his alcohol from his perfectionist sibling. At last, a large group of stars began twinkling and growing, moving to the non-naked eye. Then, with no noise or warning, they started to shoot across the sky in blazes of brilliant colour, growing to sizes no moving stars have ever gotten to.

“Woo, fuck yea! Now this is one hell of a show!”

“And you just ruined it. Thanks.”

“Oh stop with being a cunt and just enjoy yourself!”

“I was, until you started to holler like mad.”

“Bah, you’re never any fun.”

They once again fell into silence; watching the falling stars. The comfort of the late autumn night only slightly bristled by an early winter breeze. The two brothers sat in their lawn chairs, blankets covering their legs, and watching as the once lonesome and dark night was filled with colours beyond repeating.

The stripes and glitter of the stars was soothing in an eye-comfort kind of way and the brothers soon found themselves drifting off…

Until their ears exploded.

The entire house shook, many valuables and treasures falling and smashing, cabinets falling over and doors rattling. The two brothers were thrown about in their chairs till they fell out the deck, landing them in a muddy pit.

“Holy mother of cow living shitty tomatoes!”

“What was that, and why are we in a pile of mud?”

As they pulled themselves from the mud, they couldn’t help but notice the twin lines of fire spreading down a nearby hill.

“You can’t be serious, there is no possible way -“

“Did we just get hit by an asteroid?! Aww hell yea! We could make a fortune from this!”

Before the slightly more sensible of the brothers could say another word, the crazed money-in-mined one ran for their nearby Jeep.

“Damn it Taylor. I swear, if we get some virus or something…”

He chose to quickly follow Taylor rather than finish his sentence; like he was going to give the glory of discovering an asteroid to solely him.

“Joining the crew, eh Tommy?”

“Call that one more time and I’m keeping the money to myself.”

“Sheesh, no need to be a douche about it.”

“You can earn the right to call me that once you learn the meaning of it.”

Taylor jumped into the driver’s seat and slammed the door. “Whatever, douche.”

A few seconds later and Tom had taken the passenger side, and then they were heading in a beeline towards their destination. It didn’t take long to find a giant hole in the ground, so it took about half an hour to find it due to there not being one. Instead of a giant heap of precious metals and space rock that would make them rich forever, some space away from a dying circle of flames…

The Jeep slowed to a halt, the brothers jumping out and wandering closer. They approached the first of six, and it was… pink.

“This cannot, absolutely cannot, be real. It, it just has to be, I don’t know, some kind of prank, or at least a hallucination.”

“No. Fucking. WAY! OH MY GIDDY AUNT ON A POGO!”

“I need a wall, by heads not hurting enough.”

The pink horse looked up at the mortally brain hurting man and his bonkers manic brother who was hopping on the spot, then snorted and going back to chewing on the ground.

“Aww, I was expecting a bigger reaction then that. Oh, I know,” Taylor cupped his hands; being sure he faced the group of six horses, and shouted “WAZ UP MA HOMIES?”

The horses give him their attention, then started to now. An orange one and a sky-blue one, who had its wings flared, moved to the front while the pink one took to standing with the other four at the back, a yellow one being extra careful not to be seen at the far end. They stared at the man for a minute, then went back to ignoring them and chewing on grass.

As they watched, Taylors smile slowly shrank while Toms grew.

“Hey, guess what, it’s not them.” Tom only snickered at his brothers hopeful face now demolished.

“Bu, bu, bu, but…”

They stood there for another few minutes admiring the six oddly colour ponies, some with extra appendages. At last Tom started to move back towards the Jeep, the keys still inside.

Taylor turned and watched him start the automobile. “Hey, what are you doing?”

“Well, I’m not going to leave free livestock lying around,” he replied, slowly moving the Jeep in a direction that would push the ponies in the direction of the stables they owned. “Besides, how awesome would it be to say we owned a bunch of unicorns and pegasi?”

“About as awesome as the FBI showing up at our front door,” Taylor said. “But I could use the bragging rights.” He ran to the passenger door and slide in. “Alright, let’s do this thing!”

“One thing first, it wouldn’t be the FBI showing up because this isn’t America.”

“Yea, well their still gonna be pissed we got aliens raining on our heads and they don’t.”

“True enough,” was all Tom said before slamming his fist on the horn.


^\/^\/^\/^


“Eww, I think I stepping something.”

“Oh calm down girl, if this is a farm like Ah think it is, then you shouldn’t worry about it unless it’s hairy.”

“Arg, what kind of way to move is this? I would rather just fly up and see where we were, but I don’t have any wings! This is so annoying.”

“What kind of animal can walk like this anyway? The hind legs are way too long and very inappropriate.”

“Girls! Over there! Lights!”

“Good going Shy, shouldn’t take us more than ten minutes I say.”

“Finally, let’s get a move on!”


^\/^\/^\/^


The meteor shower continued over head as Tom and Taylor closed the latch on the stable door.

“Well that went better than expected,” stated Tom after making sure the padlock was tight.

“Yea, I half expected them to –“

Taylor suddenly cutting off was not usual, so Tom spun half expecting him to be unconscious or kidnapped. Instead, he was just staring with his jaw on the floor, staring off into the distance.

Tom waved his hand in his face a few times. “Hey, you alright there?”

All Taylor did was point at the distance. “Look, over there.” Tom did, and he saw a group of human shaped silhouettes against the sparkles and glow of the stars, walking on their hands and feet, like so their bums were high in the air. “Just, I don’t, what the fuck. I mean, just, what.”

Tom quickly checked his watch, tapping it a few times to bring it’s built in light on. “Yep, it’s Monday.”

“Oh.” Taylors face regained movement and he himself checked Toms watch. “So it is. That explains a lot.”

“To bed?”

“To bed.”

Author's Note:

Well, that happened. Just another story to add to the multiple of ones that are currently just sitting there. This was made on a whim, like everything I do, and will try to continue it. Man, my other readers are gonna be mad that I've been working on this instead of my other stuff, oh well.