• Published 5th Feb 2012
  • 5,614 Views, 42 Comments

Lavender Stars in a Dark Night Sky - Arpeggio



Twilight is requested to help a Princess during her most difficult hour.

  • ...
3
 42
 5,614

Chapter 4

Celestia saw the carriage screech to a halt from an incredible speed by the gates of Canterlot castle, Twilight hopping out and galloping full swing into the castle and up the tall towers to her mentor’s chambers. It was a matter of tens of seconds before the un-athletic student had made a journey usually taking minutes by sheer determination. Twilight arrived at Celestia’s door, panting with a horrified expression on her face, “Princess… I… hah… came as… whoa… fast as I could…!” Twilight was gasping for air as she sat down by her mentor’s chamber door.

Celestia climbed off her bed and approached her student, offering her a nuzzle as she softly spoke “It’s quite alright, Twilight, I know you came with as much speed as those pegasi could muster. And as much as your own legs could, also.” Celestia then looked at her student and spoke, with a disappointed expression on her face, “I’m afraid our problem is dire enough to require such efforts.” Twilight would’ve completely forgotten for her muscles aching were it not for her harsh breathing as Celestia spoke. “Dire? How… how dire, Princess?” she asked, still panting.

Celestia levitated her onto a cushion to rest as she carred the cushion with her magic alongside her, the only evidence being a faint glistening shine at the tip of her horn. Celestia began walking as she spoke “Twilight, I fear that the power you and your friends once sealed away is making its way back into my sister.”

Twilight was about to speak, but as if she could read the question on her face, Celestia answered: “I would have asked your friends to come as well were it a matter that could be solved with the elements. I fear this requires a different touch – and after your display of selflessness on Nightmare night I can only think of you to fit the bill for this task.”

Twilight was only more confused by her teacher’s answer. “Princess Celestia, I’m not sure I follow. It can’t be solved with magic, so why do you need me?” Celestia slowly looked into her student’s eyes and said, softly and with dying hope, “Luna has only one pony in the world she knows she may call friend other than myself. That pony is you, Twilight. You were the only one who was not scared of her. You were the only one brave enough to greet her as if she were just any average pony.”

Twilight was beginning to thank the teacher for her praise and faith, but she was interrupted by a loud noise as she heard a constant banging and muffled yelling. Twilight and Celestia made their way to Luna’s room as quickly as they could muster, only to find Luna yelling at inanimate objects with rage in her eyes as she tore her room to pieces. Twilight looked on in surprise, as Celestia overpowered her sister’s magic, but not by much, and forced the objects to a standstill. “Luna!” she bellowed. Luna looked up with hate in her eyes “What!?” came the reply. Twilight was shaking as Celestia lectured Luna on abusing power. “You know better than to use your magic for something like this, especially on your OWN things. Why would you break them?”

Luna simply looked to the ground and ignored her sister as she sat on the bed, a blank expression on her face. Celestia found herself sighing as she led Twilight out and closed Luna’s door. “Come, my faithful student, let’s get you settled; shall we? Luna can be dealt with later.”