• Published 9th Apr 2013
  • 953 Views, 30 Comments

Changes for Scootaloo - TheDerpyOutcast



Scootaloo goes through several changes.

  • ...
3
 30
 953

The Truth

Third pony, five months after Fixed.

"Scootaloo." Rainbow Dash walked over the clouds to the orange filly.

"Hi Dash." Scootaloo flapped her wings slightly.

"Scoots." Rainbow looked at the filly. "We have three important ponies coming today. Be yourself. And don't freak out, rage, or yell."

"What? When did you become so... so MOTHERLY?! And who are these guests?" Scootaloo questioned Rainbow Dash with a bit of furry. Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"You'll find out soon enough." Rainbow said as she opened the door to reveal three pegisi.

Scootaloo identified Fluttershy, but couldn't quite put her hoof on the other two. Then it came to her.

"Spitfire and Soarin'.... or should I call you mom and dad?" Scootaloo asked as she looked up at them.

"You... remember us?" Spitfire asked.

"Barely..." Scootaloo mumbled before she spoke her mind. "Why did you leave me? Was I not good enough for you or something!?"

"Would you like us to tell you a story?" Soarin' asked.

"Whatever." Scootaloo slumped on the couch.

"Just tell it!" Rainbow shouted. The outburst got some disapproving looks, but Spitfire soon started to speak.

"Once there was two Pegasus fillys. They were orphans. One was shy and was protected by her twin sister. They were about 6 when a young couple came in. Two pegisi, one orange and one blue. The couple looked at the foals in the orphanage that were waiting to be adopted. Then suddenly their eyes rested on two of them."

Rainbow Dash took over. "They saw the strength in the one, and the possibility that the other had. Their names," Rainbow paused. "Were Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash."

Fluttershy continued. "The couple adopted us and we set off home. Of course we were followed by paparazzi, eager to get a photo of the fillys the two Wonderbolts adopted." Fluttershy gestured to Spitfire and Soarin'

"At the time," Soarin' began, "Spitfire was pregnant with a filly, who soon came to be known as Scootaloo. However, you barely saw us. The nanny took care of you well."

Rainbow Dash butted in. "However, by the time I got into a private flying school, we were looking for a new nanny. Eventually we sent you to live with Fluttershy."

"But you never came. I assumed that they had found a new nanny, but when I found out that you were supposed to be with me, I realized you had been Foalnapped. We searched far and wide, and when we found you, you didn't remember. Some sort of spell was preventing you from finding us." Fluttershy sighed. "We always hoped you would remember, but after a few years we realized that you wouldn't. Then Mom and Dad had to work out their schedules..."

"But why are you telling me now!? Why not before!?"Scootaloo yelled. Rainbow opened her mouth to speak, but Scootaloo cut her off. "You know what, I don't care, I honestly don't!"

Scootaloo opened a hole in the cloud floor, and dove through. She didn't even look back.

Spitfire and Soarin' stared at the hole, mouths agape, till Rainbow Dash cleared up what just happened.

"She just needs to fly and clear her mind. Chances are she'll find the other Crusaders."

Fluttershy nodded. "They should be having a meeting right now."

Spitfire was still confused. "Does that happen often?"

"Sometimes." Rainbow said before closing up the hole. She sighed and got out a necklace with a purple lightning bolt charm and held it in her hooves. "She's still suffering from the time she betrayed the CMC. I don't think she'll ever get over it."

"When did you become so motherly?" Asked Soarin'.

"When I did." Rainbow replied as she set the necklace on the table. "Scootaloo is... complicated. She just needs time." Rainbow Dash looked down at the necklace.

I hope that's all she needs...

Author's Note:

:rainbowlaugh: And today we learned that I am a troll to the 800th digit. This isn't the end.... yet...