• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 448 Views, 7 Comments

Once Upon a Time; Searching the Spells - DADERPSTER



A sequel to Once Upon a Time; Failed Spell , continuing from the last chapter of that story.

  • ...
 7
 448

Cloudsdale

Rainbow had quickly led Regina and Emma up to Cloudsdale afterwards. Most of the mares wanted to leave right away, hastily hoping for the best. Rainbow acted as a tour guide and showed them what each building was, until finally they reached Cloudsdale's local library. "No Daring Do books here," Rainbow had said wistfully. "But that doesn't matter. We need to find the spell tome." Rainbow had led them in and gotten admission (after expecting praise for her rainbooms) for all three mares, and each began to search. Spell tomes were rare in cloud libraies, but when they were found, they were always kept in excellent condition.

Scince the book had no known title, they began to pull out every spell book they could find and flip through them, not missing one paragraph in case it was the book they were looking for. Regina was deeply interested, and Emma couldn't get rid of the little nag at the back of her mind. She pictured herself tieing it up and duct taping over its mouth just to shut it up. She darted her gaze back to the tome she had been reading before as Regina noticed her suspicious look. Emma would just have to keep a closer eye on the evil queen.

At 12:00 they took a break; their efforts so far had been useless, and frankly, they began to think that the tome wouldn't be found here. "I'll meet you guys at the resaurant over there, just need to sign some waiting fillies autographs." Rainbow chuckled, gesturing at the small group of pegasus foals nearby. Emma nodded and trotted over to the restauraunt with Regina, sitting at an outdoor table made of cloud. Regina looked at Emma. "You know, you can stop looking at me like that." Emma, confused, looked at Regina with a strange face. "What way?"

"I saw you looking at me like that when we were searching for the spell. You think I'll betray you." Regina narrowed her eyes at Emma. "I want to get home as much as you do." Emma's ears fell backwards, both with guilt and anger. "Then why were you looking at that page in the book at Twilight's library?" Emma challenged. Regina was quick to reply. "I was interested in the page is all." The black alicorn replied. Emma stayed silent, her vow replaying in her head as Rainbow flew up. She wouldn't trust the queen. Not after everything she'd done.