• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 447 Views, 7 Comments

Once Upon a Time; Searching the Spells - DADERPSTER



A sequel to Once Upon a Time; Failed Spell , continuing from the last chapter of that story.

  • ...
 7
 447

Prolougue

Emma lay on the cloud-bed in the guest room of Rainbow's home. Thoughts passed through her mind; what, why, how. So many things had happened in the three weeks that they had been there. Only three weeks. In just that time, she had been taken to a land of talking, multicolored ponies, learned to fly, taken four foals to the emergency room, walked through a palace, met princesses, and been bowled over by four flying foals. Emma smiled lazily, passing those three words through her head in a lazy joke; four flying foals. Try saying that five times fast!

She couldn't remember the last time she had felt this relaxed, but for some reason she felt she shouldn't be relaxed. Something nagged at her, silently trying to warn her, remind her, like an invisible beacon. It was as if she was in the middle of a torrental, misty sea that was her mind, and she couldn't spot the lighthouse that was trying to tell her she was near land. There's something I should be worried about, but I can't remember it... She only had faint hints, that it was something about a book and something Regina had wanted.

But Emma wasn't thinking properly in her relaxed, almost-drunk state. She was exaughsted from all the activity lately, and she just wanted to curl into a corner and sleep. That's what she did, she just lay on the bed and shut her eyes. She only needed the darkness right now.

Emma was woken awhile later, with Rainbow tapping the cloudy doorframe. Emma looked up, and saw that the mare seemed amused. Rainbow chuckled a bit before speaking. "You might wanna see what Pinkie and the Crusaders are doing," the pegasus said, and Emma trotted out after the rainbow-maned mare. They reached the outside area and Rainbow looked downwards, Emma following her gaze before widening her eyes with amusement.

Pinkie, Applebloom, Sweetie and Henry were nearly on the ground with laughter while Scoots stood there, dressed like a princess and her mane done into braids. "I swear, Henry will be the next in this thing!" Scootaloo said, clearly not amused. Emma laughed a little under her breath, and realized the mare next to her was holding a hoof over her mouth in an attempt not to laugh. "Pinkie's really outdone herself this time!" Rainbow said, and looked at Emma. "She's a great prankster. You might get a chance to know her better, but be careful, you never know with her." Rainbow looked back down and laughed again, Emma joining in.

But even with the distraction, the little thing still shouted at her from the back of her mind.