• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 583 Views, 4 Comments

Old Ideas and New Memories - Dark Side of the Rainboom



What starts as a quest for milk ends up leading Princess Luna on a very personal, and thought provoking adventure.

  • ...
 4
 583

Part VI

Luna awoke with a start.

“What? Maenon, I remember now!” she shouted out. “I’m so, so sorry…” Tears streamed down her eyes. “I wish I could take it all back. I do!”

A figure stepped forward into Luna’s field of vision. “Then the story is almost over. You cannot take back your actions. It was your sequence of choices, your ignorance towards events passed, and your power over others that created Nightmare Moon. We’ve sat here for so long waiting for you to realize that. It was only then that we realized we had to show you. I know you are not the monster you once were, but there is always a glimmer of temptation. If not for you, then someone else. Go, ensure that what once was, never is again.” Maenon started walking away. He then looked back over his shoulder. “Oh, and enjoy your milk.”

“What?” Luna looked down at the ground beside her and there sat a gallon of ice cold milk. She looked at where Maenon was, but all she saw was the path she walked down that set the events of the day in motion. “I will,” she whispered. Picking up the milk, she turned around to see she was right in front of the cottage door.

“Okay…”

Luna cracked open the door to the kitchen. “Tia?” she quietly called out. Opening the door fully revealed a slumbering Celestia, face firmly planted in her bowl of cereal. Upon hearing Luna enter the room she sat up.

“W-what? Luna is that you?”

“Yes it is sister. I am sorry I was gone so long,” Luna said, tears threatening to form.

“Gone long?” Celestia checked the clock. “You were gone for five minutes.”

“What?” Luna looked at the clock. Indeed she had been. “How about that,” she muttered.

“What was that?”

“Oh, nothing.”

“Fine. Did you get the milk?”

“Yes. Here it is.” Luna proudly presented the milk.

“Oh.”

“Oh?”

“This is two percent. I wanted one.”

Author's Note:

Yeah... I'd been planning that last line for a while now. I thought it was kind of funny. Thanks for reading this story. It is to date my favorite (yes, even better than TRW).

Comments ( 3 )

A/N: I wrote this because... well because I felt like it. This is a story I actually put a lot of thought (relatively speaking) into. I'm really proud of it, so I care not if no one else likes it. I figure though that if just one other person liked the story out of ten thousand, then it was worth it. Yes it starts out kind of comedic, but I decided to keep the sudden tonal shift. Anyway, the reason I write this comment is for those who don't like it. I would really appreciate it if you told me what exactly you don't like. That way, next time, I can try to do better. Thanks everyone.

I FOR ONE FIND THIS MORALLY STIMULATING...
meaning I like it

2475882 Glad someone did. Well, as my previous comment stated, as long as one person likes it, that's all that matters. Thanks.

Login or register to comment