• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 2,666 Views, 99 Comments

Reconciling Annabelle Smith - Crowley



As an old stallion, you reminisce with an old flame.

  • ...
7
 99
 2,666

Flashback 3

Skies above Ponyville

61 years ago

While it wasn’t your intention to stay as one, there were some days you just loved being a weather-pegasus. This day was certainly one of them.

You and a bunch of your buddies had agreed to call off the scheduled drizzle for today - just increase the downpour next time, that’s the rule - and cleared away every last cloud in the sky to the point of flawlessness. As a finishing touch, you’d even set up a nice breeze through the town to take the edge off the beating heat of Celestia’s sun. The day is now perfect.

After thanking your weather-buddies for their help (the drinks are on you this weekend!) you dipped your wings into a perfect dive downwards, making a beeline for the Clover Café. If it all went according to plan, the mare of your dreams would be turning the corner… now. There she was, right on time!

Levelling yourself off in a single swoop, your hooves made a gentle thud upon the dusty ground. The glowing smile from Annie upon your arrival was as warm as the fiery ball that lit Equestria.

You gave her your usual greeting - a hug and a peck on the cheek - before asking how her day was. Of course, you already knew the gist of what she was going to say.

“Aw, honey, the sun was shinin’, the apple trees were swingin’ in the cool breeze, and we got the day’s applebuckin’ done with an hour to spare.”

“The best kind of day, am I right?” you grin. She knew right from the get-go that you were partially to do with the clear skies during what was originally scheduled as a damp, summery downpour. One of the few perks of being a weather-pegasus was that each one had the right to choose one day, just one day of the year to change the weather to what they see fit. You chose to use that perk for today, and with good reason.

No sooner had you both sat down at your usual café table - so many fine memories were made here, as you both transitioned from friends to lovers - did the unicorn waiter approach hovering a pencil and paper. You knew him as Sucré Fraîche.

“Fine evening, is it not?” he smiled at the two regulars. He even gave you a sly nod; you’d slipped some bits his way an hour or two prior, on the condition that he placed your table as a higher priority. Hence why he appeared the moment you took your seats. Nopony else needed to know that however. “Ordering the usual tomato and hay soup?”

“Actually, today calls for somethin’ special, I think,” Annabelle’s eyes drift over to a particular part of the well-worn menu. “I’ll have your special; Ponyville Produce Pie with sides, and a fruit tart for afters.”

Wow, that sounded nice. “Make that two,” you add. “The usual drinks?”

Annie agreed. Sucré jotted down ‘2x sarsaparilla’ at the bottom before leaving you both to enjoy the sunny afternoon together.

The food arrived sooner than it was expected. Maybe the time passed quickly from the company of the mare you love, or your earlier bribe was still paying off.

Everything about that afternoon, as you gabbed and laughed and drank the day away, was perfect. Finally, it was time to leave, and you could think of nopony better to accompany home to her cosy farm. You both drifted through the small town’s cobbled streets, leaning against each other with each sleepy step.

“Mmm… today was just so perfect,” she sleepily mumbled, nuzzling you gently and breathing a blissful sigh. “Just like the first day we met.”

“That it was,” you kissed her on the cheek. “Happy day-we-met anniversary.”