• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 2,917 Views, 170 Comments

Broken wings and broken dreams - Torroza



What does Rainbow do when she loses one of the things that means most to her, her ability to fly?

  • ...
20
 170
 2,917

Chapter 5

It was early on the afternoon when Scootaloo and Twilight entered the hospital. Twilight went up to the reception and said. “We are here to visit Rainbow Dash.”
The nurse looked at the papers she had on the desk and shook her head. “That is not possible right now.” She looked up.
Twilight looked at her in confusion. “What do you mean not possible?” Her voice started to get a worried tone. “Has something happened?”
The nurse looked at her and said. “I’m not allowed to tell that to anyone except her closest family.” She gave her an sad smile. “But if you sit down and wait I will go and ask the doctor when you can visit her.”

Twilight merely nodded and turned towards Scootaloo who had been standing a couple of meters away. She gave her a sheepish smile. “It looks like we have to wait a little before we can visit Rainbow.” She walked over to the filly and gently nudge her towards the sofa.
Scootaloo merely nodded and went over to the sofa. She jumped up on it and Twilight laid down beside her. She nuzzled herself into Twilight's mane. She whispered. “Twilight?”
Twilight turned her head towards the little filly and said.” Yes Scootaloo?”
The filly looked up through her mane with tears in her eyes and said. “Rainbow Dash has gotten worse, hasn’t she?”
Twilight nuzzled Scootaloo. “Her wounds are healing nicely, there is nothing to worry about there.”
Scootaloo looked into Twilight’s eyes and said. “Are you sure?” A tear slowly tracked its way down her cheek.
Twilight levitated a napkin out of her saddlebags and gently wiped it away. “Yes Scootaloo, I’m sure.”

They waited a couple of minutes before a doctor entered the waiting room. He looked around and saw them. He looked relieved to see Twilight. He said. “Mrs. Sparkle. Can you please come with me? I need to speak to you.”
Twilight nodded and stepped of the sofa carefully so she didn’t push down Scootaloo from it and then walked up to the doctor followed by the filly.
The doctor looked at the filly and said. “Alone please, what I’m going to tell you is only allowed to be told to Rainbow Dash’s family.”
Twilight tilted her head and said. “Well, I think we both count as her family Mr. I’m her marefriend and Scootaloo here is her little sister.”
The doctor looked at Scootaloo and said. “I apologize, I didn’t know that she had a little sister.” He smiled a little.
The filly just nodded.

He then turned towards Twilight and said. “Rainbow hasn’t talked or moved since you left yesterday. I think she is entering a depression.” He had a sad look.
Twilight nodded slowly. “Yes, I was suspecting that to, she had barely talked anything at all the last days.” She had a sad look.
Scootaloo looked at first the doctor and then Twilight with a confused look. “What is a depression?”
The doctor turned his head towards the filly and started to say. “Well, a depression is…” But he was interrupted by Twilight.
“A depression is a mental state when you are really sad and depressed over something. You are so depressed that you don’t care about anything at all. Not yourself, not anypony.”
The filly ran up to Twilight and hugged her tightly and cried out into her mane. Twilight hugged her back and slowly stroke her mane.

The doctor cleared his throat to get their attention. Twilight turned her head towards him with teary eyes. He said. "You can go and visit her if you want, room seven." Twilight nodded and started to lead Scootaloo there after wiping both her own and the filly's tears away with a napkin.

They slowly opened the door and saw Rainbow Dash sitting on the bed looking out through the window. Twilight went up to her and said. "Rainbow, i'm back." The cyan pegasi didn't show a sign of even noticing her.
Twilight gave her a gentle nuzzle and said. "I brought Scootaloo with me honey."
Rainbow slowly turned her head when she heard the filly's name. Twilight were shocked to see the totally expressionless eyes of her marefriend. Scootaloo walked up to the side of Twilight and said with a trembling voice. "R-rainbow Dash?"
Rainbow turned her head towards the filly and looked at her and then turned towards the window again.
Scootaloo walked up in front of her. She looked up at her idol with big teary eyes. "Sis? It's me, Scootaloo, your little sister."
Rainbow just looked at her with a expressionless face. She then continued to look out through the window.
Scootaloo just stared in disbelief on her. Tears starts to flow down her cheeks. "She..she don't recognize me..."

Author's Note:

Here we go. I finally managed to get Chapter 5 ready for publishing. Sorry for the long wait folks. I blame finals in school.

I hope you enjoy reading this. And please leave a comment even if it just says "Good chapter" or "This is good". I want to hear everyone's opinion. And of course if you find any grammar fault please leave a comment about that.

I will hopefully have Chapter 6 up a little quicker.

I want to thank APoeticHeart for proofreading.