• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 2,917 Views, 170 Comments

Broken wings and broken dreams - Torroza



What does Rainbow do when she loses one of the things that means most to her, her ability to fly?

  • ...
20
 170
 2,917

Chapter 3 (Edited)

It has now been three days since the accident, and during that time Twilight barely left Rainbow's side. Their other friends comes and visit as often they can, and the brought presents with them to try to cheer Rainbow up.
Apple Jack brought apples and apple cider for both of them, the booze free since Rainbow still was on painkillers. Fluttershy made so her birds always sang for them in the morning and evening. Pinkie Pie brought them some sweets, and Rarity said that they would just need to ask, and if it stood in her might, she would help.
Many of there other friends in Ponyville also visited.
But none of them managed to bring Rainbow out of the shell of sadness, shock and disbelief she had built around herself.

Twilight started to get really worried about Rainbow and asked a nurse if there was anything she could do. The nurse answered that only the pony that meant most of all to Rainbow could bring her out of it. That she needed to be shown that she still had a purpose here in life. Cause right now she was thinking that since she couldn't fly she didn't serve any purpose anymore.
Twilight thought about who that pony could be. It hurt a little when she admitted that it clearly wasn't her. She could dismiss Rainbow's parents. Rainbow had told her that her parent's had tossed her out when she was just a little filly.
That only left one pony, or filly to be more accurate, Scootaloo.
But there had been no sign of her at all since she ran out of the hospital room two days ago. Neither of the others had seen her.
Twilight even asked Applebloom and Sweetie Belle when they visited but they hadn't seen her since before the accident.
Twilight was starting to worry for both Scootaloo and Rainbow. Since Scootaloo ran out from the room Rainbow hadn't really been the same.

Twilight looked up from the book she had been reading and saw the all to familiar sight. Rainbow sitting on the edge of the bed looking out through the window. She seemed to be totally lost in her own thoughts.
The unicorn looked out through the window and out on the sky. She sighed and wondered why Rainbow kept bringing herself pain and heartache with thinking about the sky and flying all the time.
She put a bookmark in the book and put it aside on a desk. She rose from her chair and walked up to Rainbow and nudged her on the shoulder with a hoof. The cyan mare turned her head towards Twilight.
Twilight gave a little smile and said."I'll go out and look for Scootaloo, alright?" She gave her a gentle nuzzle.
Rainbow seemed to flinch a little when she heard the filly's name. But then nodded slowly. She then returned her gaze towards the window.
Twilight smile faded and she shook her head.
She levitated a blanket and wrapped it gently around Rainbow. She turned and walked out from the room.

Twilight had been looking through Ponyville for hours now. She even asked most of the ponies in town if they knew were Scootaloo lived. But none of them knew. Heck, not even Pinkie Pie knew, and she knows all ponies in Ponyville.

She started to think about what she actually knew about Scootaloo's real family, and realised she never met any of them, or that Scootaloo ever mentioned her parents by name. She decided to go and talk to Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. They were Scootaloo's best friends after all.

She found them on Sweet Apple Acres, trying to get their cutie marks in what it looked like, drawing.
Twilight walked up to them and said."Hi girls, i need your help." She smiled a little.
Applebloom and Sweetie Belle looked up at her from their drawings. Applebloom was the first one to speak."Sure thing Twilight. Whatcha need arh help with?"
Twilight gave the little filly a smile and said."Well, i've been trying to find Scootaloo all day. But i can't find her. Do you know where she is, or where she lives?"
Sweetie Belle was the first to answer."No, i don't know where Scootaloo is, or where she lives when i think about it." She got a worried look at her face."She isn't in trouble is she?"
Twilight shook her head."No, she isn't." She gave them a reassuring smile.
After some thinking Applebloom spoke."Ah don't know where Scoots is either, or were she lives. Ahm sorry Twilight."
Twilight smiled and said."It's okay girls, thank you for your help."
The two fillies nodded and then went back to their drawings.
She left the farm a little crestfallen and started to make her way back to the town.

But on her way back Twilight noticed something in a tree a bit away from the road. She looked up to get a better wiew at it, and saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders club house, and she could see something move in there through the window.
She said to herself as she started to walk towards the tree house."It's always worth a shot."

She stopped just beneath the ramp that led up to the tree house and listened. Yes, there was defiantly someone up there, and it sounded like that someone was crying.
She carefully walked up the ramp and then up to the door. She then slowly opened the door with her magic. What she saw wasn't really what she had expected. In a corner she saw Scootaloo wrapped up in a blanket and crying. Twilight slowly walked up to her and said."Scootaloo, are you ok?" She had a worried tone in her voice.

Scootaloo jumped a little of the sudden sound of a voice. She looked back and saw that it was Twilight. She darted out from underneath her blanket and threw herself around Twilight's neck and just continued to cry.
Twilight went down on her knees and slowly stroke her mane, which was even messier then usual. She gave her a gentle nuzzle on her chin and said."Ssh, it's alright Scootaloo, it's alright."
Scootaloo said through her sobs."No, *sob* it isn't. H-how can it be alright. *sob* When Rainbow Dash will never *sob* never fly again?" She looked at Twilight with tears streaming down her face.
Twilight gently stroke them away with her hoof and then said."Accidents happens Scootaloo. But you know, when you ran out from the room like that, and when nopony said they had seen you since then. Both me and Rainbow got really worried."
Scootaloo stopped to cry and looked up at her with surprise in her eyes as she took a step back."Did you? You were worried about me?"
Twilight smiled and gave her a nuzzle."Well of course Scootaloo, why wouldn't we be worried about you?"

Scootaloo looked down at her hooves and didn't say anything at first, but after a while."It's just that nopony has ever cared about me like that except my...my parents." Tears started to track it's way down on her cheeks.
She had her gaze locked at her hooves when she talked again."And *sob* they haven't really been able to care for me lately.*sob*
Twilight got a confused look at her face."Why not?"
Scootaloo looked up at Twilight with tears flowing from her eyes.*sob*"Because *sob* Because t-they died in a fire three years ago in Trottingham." She collapsed on the floor and just cried.
Twilight looked at the little filly with shock and then with compassion. She wanted to know more about the fire but something told her that Scootaloo couldn't handle to talk about it right now. So she made a mental note to talk with Dash about this.

Twilight walks over to her and lays down beside her."Ssh now Scootaloo. It's gonna be okay. Everything is gonna be fine." She gently nuzzled her cheek and gave her a reassuring smile when she looked up at her.
Scootaloo looked at her with hopeful eyes and said with a low voice."Will it? Will everything really be alright?"
Twilight smiled and nodded."Yes, i promise you. Everything will be just fine." She brought the little filly into a hug.

She then looked out through the window."Well, how about we go to the library and get you fixed up and let you eat something. And then head for the hospital to visit Rainbow?"
Scootaloo wiped away some tears with one of her front hooves and nodded."That sounds good." A small rumbling sound could be heard."Especially the food part." She blushed a little.
Twilight chuckled and stood up."Then come on, it's almost evening. We better get going." She then turned to the door and walked out of the treehouse.
Scootaloo quickly stood up and followed her.

While they walked on the on the road back to town Scootaloo said."Twilight."
Twilight turned her head towards Scootaloo and said."Yes Scootaloo?"
The little filly looked at her with pleading eyes."Please don't tell Rainbow Dash that I cried."
Twilight looked at her with confusion."Why not?"
She looked away."I don't want her to think that I'm weak."
Twilight just shook her head."Scootaloo, you aren't weak. I would say that you are the strongest little filly I've ever met."
She looked up at Twilight with surpise written all across her face."Do you really mean that?" She looked at Twilight with big eyes.
Twilight nodded and smiled. She was then tackled by the little filly that gave her a big hug while saying."Oh, thank you so much Twilight!"
Twilight laughed and then said."You're welcome Scootaloo, but what about we get to the library now?"
Scootaloo nodded and then they continued to walk.

Author's Note:

Here it is. Chapter 3. I put a lot more effort in this one then i did to chapter 1 and 2. Since i got some feedback that said it felt rushed i decided to write a script, and then rewrite that script. add stuff to it, remove stuff, rewrite again and so on.

Update: I have now rewritten chapter 1-3. I Hope you enjoy. Chapter 4 will be up soon i hope.

I hope you'll enjoy the chapter. And please leave a comment about your opinion.
And if you are one of those who read the story and leave a dislike. Please tell me why the story is bad. And don't just say it sucks. I want constructive criticism, things i can take in consideration and that helps me evolve as a writer.