• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 2,917 Views, 170 Comments

Broken wings and broken dreams - Torroza



What does Rainbow do when she loses one of the things that means most to her, her ability to fly?

  • ...
20
 170
 2,917

Chapter 2 (Edited)

The room fell silent as the words of the doctor slowly fell in.
Rainbow said with a little shaky voice."W-what do you mean with that I will not be flying at all?"

The doctor gave her a sad look and then levitated out an x-ray from inside his coat. He looked at it and then said."Well, when you got here your left wing was almost torn off. We managed to get it back in place so to say." He levitated over the x-ray to Rainbow who took it with shaking hooves. He then continued."But the bones and muscles at the base of your wing was beyond repair. You will not be able to move your left wing ever again." He gave her a sympathic look and then said."I'm sorry Ms.Dash, but you will never be able to fly again."
Scootaloo just stared in shock at the doctor. She couldn't believe what she just had heard. This couldn't be true, how could it be? Rainbow Dash, the best flyer in Equestria, her bigger sister. Not be able to fly?

Rainbow just stared in disbelief at the x-ray photo. She silently said to herself."N-never be able to fly again?" She looked back at her bandaged wing. Then at the x-ray. A single tear made its way down her cheek as it started to dawn to her what it was the doctor just had said. More tears soon joined the first one.
Twilight started to cry she too. She gave her marefriend a comforting hug.
The other grown up mares in the room started to cry too.
Scootaloo couldn't stand to see her bigger sister like this, so she jumped down from the bed and ran out of the room crying.
Apple Jack spoke through her sobs."Girls, ah think it's best if we leave Twi and Dash alone."
The others merely nodded in agreement and leaved the room to go to try and find Scootaloo.
The doctor left last and gently closed the door.

Rainbow mumbled something under her breath. Twilight looked up at Rainbow and said."What was that?"
She said a little louder, just so it was hearable."What will i do now?" She broke down into sobs.
Twilight gave her a comforting nuzzle and whispered in her ear."We will figure something out Dashie."
Rainbow cried at Twilight's shoulder while Twilight slowly stroke her mane.

After a couple of minutes Rainbow stopped to cry and looked up at Twilight with a concerned look on her face."But what about my job, i can't keep working on the weather team since i can't fly. How will it go for us? We can't afford to keep the library without that money." She broke down into sobs again.
Twilight gently stroke her mane."Ssh, everything will be fine Rainbow. I can take a extra job as teacher at the school. I know Mrs.Cherilee have been searching for a new teacher in a while now."
Rainbow just continued to cry. Twilight kept stroking her mane and started to hum on a lullaby.
Rainbow soon fell asleep, mentally exhausted. Twilight just sat there, still hugging her.

She thought of what Rainbow had said and silently whispered to herself."Element of loyalty indeed." She smiled a little and then she too fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry for short chapter guys. But i kinda hit a writer block.

Alright, so i edited this one too. Added some stuff, change some other stuff.

Don't forget to leave a comment.