• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 2,917 Views, 170 Comments

Broken wings and broken dreams - Torroza



What does Rainbow do when she loses one of the things that means most to her, her ability to fly?

  • ...
20
 170
 2,917

Chapter 11

It's two days since the came up with the arrangement for the adoption of Scootaloo. Since it's Hearts Warming Eve they decided to wait a week until the signed the papers and make it formal, so they could enjoy the holiday together without any paperworks and bureaucracy to care about.

Twilight and Rainbow laid on a cushion together with Scootaloo in front of the fireplace. They were at Twilight's parents house in the eastern parts of Canderlot. Rainbow looked around in awe. "I know that you've told me your parents had a big house Twi, but seriously. An entire mansion?" Twilight chuckled. "It's been in the family's possession in around 400 years now."

Nightlight entered trough a door and brought some plates with food on them wrapped in his magic. He gently putted them down on the low table in front of them and then went over to the sofa. "And it will be in your possession soon Twilight." Twilight sighed. "Not in a long time I hope." Nightlight chuckled. "We actually planned to give it to you after the winter's over."
Twilight jerked her head up and stared at her father with suprise. "But what about you and mom?" She had a worried look.
Twilight Velvet enetered the room and sat down in the sofa beside her husband. "We've been offered to live in the palace, by Princess Celestia herself."
Twilight just nodded, clearly suprised.

Scootaloo just lay there, enjoying just being with her soon to be parents and grandparents. She couldn't believe her luck, she had a family again. After years of living alone. She cuddled closer to Twilight and smiled.

Twilight Velvet smiled and looked at the little filly. "I was hoping for grand children soon."
Twilight blushed a little while Rainbow tried to hide behind her mane.
Nightlight chuckled and smiled. "And it was a really adorable little granddaughter we got."
Scootaloo blushed and tried to hide herself beneath one of Rainbow's wings.

"So Twilight." Nightlight asked. Twilight looked at her father. "Yes father?" He looked at her and Rainbow. "When are you two gonna get married?" Twilight looked at Rainbow who had a glint of panic in the corner of her eyes. "I don't know actually, we haven't really thought about it. And I'm not so sure we can afford a wedding at the moment." Rainbow smiled at her marefriend for coming up with that quick respond.
Nightlight just chuckled. "Rainbow, I can see quite clearly that you don't like me talking about that subject. Do you want me to let it go and let you and Twily handle it own your own?"
Rainbow nodded. "Thank you Mr. I don't really feel comfortable talking about stuff like that." She rubbed the back of her head sheepisly.

Twilight Velvet clapped her hooves. "Enough chit chat. It's time for the presents according to me."
Nightlight shuckled. "Indeed it is, should we start with Rainbow's?"
Rainbow got a curious look. "You bought presents for me?"
Twilight Velvet smiled. "Well of course. What sort of parents-in-law would we be if we didn't?"
Twilight chuckled and whispered to the cyan pegasi. "Get used to it honey."
Nightlight levitated a package wrapped in rainbow colored paper over to Rainbow. "There you go, go ahead, open it."
She nodded and opened it up. Inside it were a beautiful necklace with a jewel formed like Twilight's cutiemark, with the right colors and every little detail right. She looked at it awe. "This is awesome." She looked up at them with a beaming smile. "Thank you so much!"
All of them chuckled. Twilight Velvet then turned to her daughter. " And now your present Twily." She levitated over a package in lavender wrapping paper. Twilight started to open it immediatly. Inside were a necklace formed like Rainbow's cutie, perfect down to the smallest little detail, it even had the toning between the color in the little rainbow where it shifted. She smiled as she put it on. "Thank you mom and dad, thank you so much."
They just smiled. "Your welcome, I'm glad you liked them, it took forever to find someone good enough in jewel smithing to make them." Nightlight said and chuckled.

Nightlight turned towards Scootaloo. "Now it's time for you present little sweetie." Scootaloo looked with suprise at her to be grandfather. "Me, will i get a present to?" Twiligh Velvet nodded and levitated over a package wrapped in orange and purple paper. Scootaloo looked at the package unsure of what to do until Twilight nudge her closer. "Go ahead honey, it will not bite you, I promise." She smiled at the little filly as she started to unwrap the present.

When all the paper was gone Scootaloo stared in awe at what was standing in front of her. "A scooter! A new scooter!" She exclaimed.
Nightlightight chuckled. "Actually it's your old one, I just fixed it up a little. I saw that it was in a pretty rough shape when you got here. So I decided to fix it up for you." Scootaloo threw herself around his neck. "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou."
Twilight chuckled. "You maybe should let you grandfather breath a little to sweetie."
Scootaloo let go and smiled sheepishly before she returned to examine the scooter further.

"Did you add brakes to it?" Scootaloo asked while pointing to a stepbreak on the backwheel. Nightlight nodded. "Yes, I saw that it had been brakes there before, but I guess they must have fallen of, so I made a new one and placed it there."

Scootaloo nodded and then yawned. Rainbow smiled as she put her necklace on. "Looks like someone is a litle bit tired."
The little filly just nodded. Twilight went up and nuzzled the filly. "It's quite late after all, I think I'll head to bed to, good night everypony. See you tomorrow."
Rainbow nodded. "I'll be with you soon."

Twilight put Scootaloo on her back and headed up to their room. She opened the door and went up to the bed. She gently placed the already sleeping Scootaloo on it while she lay down beside her. She kissed the little filly on the forehead and smiled. "Sleep well my little filly, mommy's here to keep you safe."

Author's Note:

A little Hearts Warming Eve chapter for you guys. Hope you liked it. And as always, please leave a comment on what you thought about it, if you found any faults that i missed or so. Should be more of them since i didn't want to bother my prereaders about this chapter since it's christmas.

Merry chistmas/Happy Hearts Warming Eve to you all :)