• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 2,906 Views, 170 Comments

Broken wings and broken dreams - Torroza



What does Rainbow do when she loses one of the things that means most to her, her ability to fly?

  • ...
20
 170
 2,906

Prolouge: The accident

It was an ordinary day in Ponyville. The sun was shining, only a couple of clouds were visible in the sky. The ponies were going on with their ordinary business.

On a field outside ponyville Twilight and Scootaloo were watching Rainbow Dash practicing her flying skills. Scootaloo was cheering and applauding at every awesome stunt Rainbow did. Twilight just smiled at the fillys antics and watched when Rainbow practiced.

The enthusiasm that Scootaloo showed reminded her of Rainbow when she was talking about The Wonderbolts or when she talked about some new moves she just made up.
She wandered further and further away into her memories of Rainbow Dash. The finest memory was when they started to date.

\\\Flashback///
It was the same evening of the day when Rainbow had returned from The Wonderbolt academy. Twilight had asked if Rainbow wanted to come over for dinner to celebrate that she was back.

The other were away from the town for different reason. Spike were up in Canterlot to spend some time with some old friends, Pinkie was visiting her family, Rarity was up in Canterlot for visiting a client, Fluttershy was visiting a old friend in Cloudsdale and Apple Jack was in Appleloosa to help them with the harvest.

The evening draw closer while Twilight were preparing the dinner. She decided to make the most delicous dish she could since it was to celebrate that Rainbow was back. And also the simple fact that i was Rainbow.

The hours passed quickly and suddenly Twilight heard a crash and then a knocking on the door. She smiled cause she only knew one pony that would do that.
She went to the door and opened it, and there she stood, Rainbow Dash.
Rainbow smiled when she saw Twilight and said."Hello Twilight. Thanks for inviting me."
Twilight smiled back and said."Well, we most celebrate that you are back from the academy."
Rainbow got a sad face and then looked down at her front hooves."Yeah, but it's sad that the others couldn't join us."
Twilight brought her head up so she looked straight into Rainbow eyes."I know Rainbow, but i know they are as happy as i am and that they wouldn't want you to be sad."
Rainbow smiled a little and said."I guess you're right."
Twilight snorted a little."I know i'm right."
Rainbow laughed at that."So the egghead part is showing up again?"
Twilight gave Rainbow a smile and said."Well of course, you need to feel that you are home again after all." \\\Flashback///

She was disturbed from her thoughts when she felt Scootaloo tugging her side and pointing hysterically at the sky. She looked up and saw Rainbow. Falling towards the ground.
Rainbow had flew up high, way up over the highest clouds and then dove straight downwards. But in mid-fall something went wrong. She started spinning. Rainbow couldn't control her dive.Twilight terrified watched as Rainbow got closer and closer to the ground. Rainbow managed to pull out in the last second, but her wings was locked in place by the sheer amount of pressure on her wing muscles when she pulled out of the dive. Twilight screamed as she saw her marefriend crash into the west orchard of Sweet Apple Acre at a speed close to that of a sonic rainboom.

She ran there as quickly she could. The sight that met here made the heart skip a beat. A long path of broken branches and a long furrow in the ground, and at the end of it she saw Rainbow Dash laying complety still. She screamed her name and ran up to her. The sight that met her would had made her faint any other time. But now she was just full of concern and worry for her marefriend.
Rainbows body was covered in bruises and cuts. One front leg seemed to be broken, but worst was her left wing. It was almost torn off at the base, blood flowing out from the deep wound. A growing pool of blood was just underneath it. Twilight formed a magical field around the deep wound to prevent to much bloodloss.
She heard a loud gasp behind her and looked back to see Scootaloo just standing there, staring with horror at Rainbow Dash. Twilight ran up to her too block the wiew of Rainbow and gave her a small push towards the town at the same time she said."Scootalo, get help! Quickly!"

Scootaloo snapped out of the smaller shock state she was in and looked at Twilight. She then nodded and speeded off towards the town on her scooter.


Twilight then walked back to Rainbows side and laid down beside her and cried. She silently whisperd."Please Dash, don't leave me, stay with me, please."

Author's Note:

I edited this one a little, added some stuff that explains a little more and stuff like that.